Plainsman Parking Lot is back in business

AU64

Several blogs on the upcoming baseball season. If you are an AU baseball fan, you need to put this on your "favorites":

Pitching analysis: http://www.collegeandmagnolia.com/2013/2/12/3980726/auburn-baseball-preview-2013-pitching

Several blogs on the upcoming baseball season. If you are an AU baseball fan, you need to put this on your "favorites":

Pitching analysis: http://www.collegean...w-2013-pitching

Cochran-Gill gave up more hits than innings pitched and like Slade Smith when his sinker wasn't sinking he got hit hard. His arm recovers well and is more conducive to a middle relief role. Koger is clearly a Friday night talent and working him with McCord back to back gives two very different looks. Throw in O'Neal and you get a 3rd very different look. Not to mention Lefty Righty Lefty. Wingenter will at some point force his talent into the lineup - this year or perhaps next year. Williamson has a loose delivery which is conducive to middle relief but could be the mid-week guy if Wingenter is needed on the weekend. Camp, Kendrick, and Dedrick are all short relief and bring hard, nasty stuff.

Schultz has hard nasty stuff as well and might be the midweek guy. Jay Wade brings experience but not sure where he fits on talent. Dillon Ortman has thrown well in preseason and brings tons of experience. Reid Carter will contribute midweek in relief. Rock Rucker lacks control and I dont see him helping much this year on the mound. While experience might be a question, this is the most talented staff I've seen at Auburn depth wise in my 20+ years of following Auburn baseball. Should be fun.

Thanks for posting!

I'm interested in following Trey Wingenter. My son played rec league sports with him while they were growing up, and I am really hoping he has a great career at Auburn.

Archived