When is the SEC gonna do something...

jared52

He certainly has moved around all over the country (Utah - Texas Tech - JUCO - Ole Miss) and made friends where ever he lands...

http://www.deseretne...art-Rebels.html

He was even arrested for buying marijuana with counterfeit money, sentenced to two years probation, failed drug tests, and got arrested again for possession and sent to jail for violating probation.

Watch at the 1:40 mark of this video

And he is has a great relationship here too.

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/marshall_hendersonauburn.gif

about this guy?

MARSHALL-HENDERSON.gif

Did they call this...? If they reviewed this for a flagrant, and upheld the call... if I were Fox, the rest of that game would be played under protest!

Probably wouldn't change anything, but it would make the officials look stupid! It would also send a message, loud and clear, about Marshall Henderson's antics!

Yes. UGA was up 3 and as soon as the ball was caught, called time out before this took place. During this time, Hemderson went to the bench and did appear to receive treatment for a bloody nose, but not once do you ever see blood. The refs reviewed it, and called the flagrant 1 (I think, maybe 2). Henderson got 2 FTs and Ole Miss got the ball.

Also, it seems over the top, even if contact was made, to make this call. Henderson was all over Gaines. It wasn't like Gaines swung his elbow out. He saw swinging the ball up over his head.

Oh, it's obvious there was no contact made... The officials cannot reverse the foul call, but they should not have granted the flagrant. It seems they were trying to cover their own butts by playing it out like there was contact.

Fox should follow up with the SEC... If he does, the officiating crew will be held accountable.

*This coming from my dad who was an SEC official for over 10 years.

about this guy?

MARSHALL-HENDERSON.gif

Did they call this...? If they reviewed this for a flagrant, and upheld the call... if I were Fox, the rest of that game would be played under protest!

Probably wouldn't change anything, but it would make the officials look stupid! It would also send a message, loud and clear, about Marshall Henderson's antics!

Rule Book reference 5-5

Section 5. Protests

The NCAA Men’s and Women’s Basketball Rules Committees do not recognize

or allow protests.

about this guy?

MARSHALL-HENDERSON.gif

Rule Book reference 5-5

Section 5. Protests

The NCAA Men’s and Women’s Basketball Rules Committees do not recognize

or allow protests.

My later post (after the protest talk) said: Fox should follow up with the SEC... At the very least, the officiating crew would be held accountable (reprimanded)...

Oh, it's obvious there was no contact made... The officials cannot reverse the foul call, but they should not have granted the flagrant. It seems they were trying to cover their own butts by playing it out like there was contact.

Fox should follow up with the SEC... If he does, the officiating crew will be held accountable.

*This coming from my dad who was an SEC official for over 10 years.

If you didn't see above. During the live action, no foul was called. UGA called a TO just before Gaines turned around so the play was dead (essentially). The call was made after the officials reviewed the video during the time out. If you have ESPN3, you can go to the replay of the game fast forward to the 2:57 mark in the second half to see it. What is clear, is Henderson yelling at the ref after he gets up and then he spits on the floor.

I didn't see the game...

But, several national analysts are saying UGA got hosed saturday. One from CBSSports compared Henderson to Jimmer Fridette... Said he's not even in his league, basically b/c he's a turd!

Even if contact was made that shouldn't be a foul on the UGA player. I realize that the rule says differently but offensive players have to be allowed to move the ball from side to side as long as they aren't extending the elbow.

Even if contact was made that shouldn't be a foul on the UGA player. I realize that the rule says differently but offensive players have to be allowed to move the ball from side to side as long as they aren't extending the elbow.

actually NO they don't. There can be Illegal contact that doesn't involve swinging the elbow and that HAS to be called a foul.

actually NO they don't. There can be Illegal contact that doesn't involve swinging the elbow and that HAS to be called a foul.
Care to give an example? I played a lot of basketball in my early years and I haven't a clue of what you are getting at unless you are talking about a potential charge by using your hand or shoulder to clear space which has nothing to do with the new rule.

Archived