Game 6 vs CofC

MTSU a tough loss...their pitcher looked sharp though we didn't do much with the reliever either. But it's just one game of about 50...so time to move on and get the one coming up.

I just got online and found that Ryan Tella had an inside the park home run that scored 2 runs. Would love to see a replay of that one.

bottom of the 7th, no outs. Tigers have runners on the corners and 0 outs.... Cooper grounds to short and COC turns the double play. Tella scored from 3rd... 5-0 Auburn.

O'Neil and Koger both had strong outings. Sucks we blew that first game but good to see the team come back a few hours later and get it done. I can live with a 6-1 start if we can finish this thing off right tomorrow

O'Neil and Koger both had strong outings. Sucks we blew that first game but good to see the team come back a few hours later and get it done. I can live with a 6-1 start if we can finish this thing off right tomorrow

Here's the problem with our 16-game pre conference schedule. Coach Paw canceled the Arizona series that was supposed to be in Auburn and did not replace them or last year's OOC foe Missouri with other major teams. What we've got is 16 games against minor leaguers. If we don't go at least 14-2 in those games we've pretty much already eliminated ourselves from the NCAA tournament unless we do big, BIG things in the SEC tourny. Our RPI will be about as low as one can be due to poor non-conference opponents. So, at 6-1 we've already lost half the pre season games we can afford to lose.

If we don't go at least 14-2 in those games we've pretty much already eliminated ourselves from the NCAA tournament unless we do big, BIG things in the SEC tourny.

Have you thought about putting your name in the hat for AD? I can't help notice you're the authority on everything from football to swimming and diving. Come tournament selection time nobody will be looking at "pre-conference schedule". Anybody in the SEC that has 35 total wins and 14-15 conference wins is in. Not being able to get 20 out of conference wins cost Pawlowski dearly last year. I have no problem with not letting that scenario play out again this year.

If we don't go at least 14-2 in those games we've pretty much already eliminated ourselves from the NCAA tournament unless we do big, BIG things in the SEC tourny.

Have you thought about putting your name in the hat for AD? I can't help notice you're the authority on everything from football to swimming and diving. Come tournament selection time nobody will be looking at "pre-conference schedule". Anybody in the SEC that has 35 total wins and 14-15 conference wins is in. Not being able to get 20 out of conference wins cost Pawlowski dearly last year. I have no problem with not letting that scenario play out again this year.

Baseball depends a lot on RPI and ours will suck, thanks to the weak pre-conference schedule. So yes, the selection committee will indeed be looking at pre-conference schedules. I don't think you're right about 35 total wins and below .500 in the SEC getting a team in the NCAA. The RPI will factor in and if it's bad, 35 wins with below .500 in the conference won't cut it.

Archived