2014 4* C Joshua Casher (Alabama signee)

auburnandjagsfan

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coach Craig gets it. I hope that Josh gets whatever his heart desires. If its not at AU, ok. It's not for everyone. It should be though. One of the greatest places on earth!! WDE!!

The staff has known since Wednesday.

So we're no longer recruiting Casher, atp?

If we offer Marshall tomorrow then very likely no.

He probably committed to Auburn so he could get an offer from Alabama. No surprises here. At least one player a year decommits from Auburn to go to Alabama. SAYONARA

I absolutely could not care less, and that's not a slam on this kid whatsoever. I say that because I absolutely know that this staff will replace/add as needed and I have 100% confidence in them. I'm losing zero sleep over this one. WDE.

Thinking... 4-star 6'1" or 3-star 6'4"? I believe size is very important, IMO. Remember Bosley as two-star?

It will be Casher's own fault for listening and buying into saban's BS. However, it won't hit him until he's on the bench as a 3rd stringer during his junior year at turdville.

So If our top prospects are bench warmers at Bama like so many here say, why does everyone here predict AU to beat them every year, coaching?

I absolutely could not care less, and that's not a slam on this kid whatsoever. I say that because I absolutely know that this staff will replace/add as needed and I have 100% confidence in them. I'm losing zero sleep over this one. WDE.

+1 to this. He's just an OT. We'll pick up someone on par if not better than the kid.

He probably committed to Auburn so he could get an offer from Alabama. No surprises here. At least one player a year decommits from Auburn to go to Alabama. SAYONARA

Not reality. He committed to AU before he blew up at the Big Rivals camp at Hoover. That Camp performance got him his Bama offer.

Not reality. He committed to AU before he blew up at the Big Rivals camp at Hoover. That Camp performance got him his Bama offer.

I'm just being sour. This trend is getting old.

Good luck to Josh...I hope he is not being used by a certain diminuative rascal. However, I do think that if he wanted to go shopping, it's only fair that we get to go shopping too. I do appreciate the fact that the young man decided to be upfront and decommit early. I hope our coaching staff did not sniff something out and force his hand. It makes me very upset to see kids being manipulative/manipulated...

What about Risner who is currently committed to K-State? We've had good luck getting linemen from Colorado.

http://rivals.yahoo....r88fTOrztk_rJB4

http://247sports.com...on-Risner-30343

http://247sports.com...ool&Position=OC

Andrew Marshall will likely be offered tomorrow.

Too bad our cousin didn't end up coming to camp and getting noticed. He got hurt at the Furman camp and didn't get to come to Auburn after all. I guess it was not meant to be :-/

I hate to say it because this kid is good, but he will never sign with Auburn. UAT will pay him just as much as they paid Yeldon, Foster, Liner, Calloway, and so many others. You can say it ain't so; you can say I am clueless; but you can't say UAT's investments don't pay dividends.

Thanks for that, next?

I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so. Next?

I hate to say it because this kid is good, but he will never sign with Auburn. UAT will pay him just as much as they paid Yeldon, Foster, Liner, Calloway, and so many others. You can say it ain't so; you can say I am clueless; but you can't say UAT's investments don't pay dividends.

Dude are you seriously an auburn fan? I'm calling for your playas card#decline!!!!

Look at you now.

I understand your concern but Bama does not win every recruit they want. They have wanted every Casher but are a big Ol goose egg 0 for the entire Casher family. I said it before and I will say it again. Coach Craig has the whole Casher family on lock down.

How's that lock down on the Casher Family going?

I understand your concern but Bama does not win every recruit they want. They have wanted every Casher but are a big Ol goose egg 0 for the entire Casher family. I said it before and I will say it again. Coach Craig has the whole Casher family on lock down.

Are you the Messiah?

It will be Casher's own fault for listening and buying into saban's BS. However, it won't hit him until he's on the bench as a 3rd stringer during his junior year at turdville.

So If our top prospects are bench warmers at Bama like so many here say, why does everyone here predict AU to beat them every year, coaching?

haha I agree. this statement is making us look bad

Dang, I can see you really hate to say 'I told you so'.

Groucho Marx once said, "I wouldn't join any club that would have me as a member." - it's now called the Groucho Marx syndrome. Nobody talked about Casher, and he wasn't a star of our class, but now that he's decommitted all that's changed for some. No girl's prettier than the one who turns you down.

We were recruiting Marshall in the Spring, but pulled off Marshall when Casher committed. Go read what the 'Cuse thinks about Marshall - I'd like to quote, but it's premium. As closely as the services rank them the differences are only opinions, plus Marshall has the larger frame and his coach said he calls audibles for the quarterback on the field (brains and game awareness). This is a non-event if we get Marshall. I would assume Casher was ahead in performance because our staff took his commitment and backed away from Marshall, but now that we've seen Marshall's camp performance and the difference in intangibles - I'd take Marshall.

This is just my opinion but the more I think about it the more I think Bama does not really want or need Casher. I think it was a power move by them to slam our supreme confidence that Dameyune owned Mobile. I think it was them metaphorically trying to say we still own you mother truckers. Nothing more. Nothing less. Again JMO.

You're probably right. Of course, any of us that thought about it knew Craig doesn't "own" Mobile. He can and will do much better there than we've done recently. Probably he can do as well there as did Joe Whitt in days gone by. But the idea that with Craig we could run bammer out of Mobile wasn't rational and I did see some AU fans saying that.

I imagine that the coaches will follow their recent MO. They offer the next guy and if he accepts then someone missed their ride on the gus bus. I think they will continue to recruit Josh, but the ship may have sailed on his spot in the class.

Archived