AU vs Vandy Game 3

Just no clutch guys on this team. Difference in gsme was eberts error that lead to 2 unearned runs

That failed hit and run that resulted in an inning-ending double play in the bottom of the sixth didn't help any. The previous four batters had three hits and a successful sacrifice. Why have your best hitter try something as risky as a hit & run that was, after all, more of a "run and hope he hits it" play? Either bad base running or bad coaching caused that double play. The reason to try a hit and run is that it's supposed to be safer than an outright steal attempt. Who knows what we're thinking, or not thinking? I certainly can't figure it out!

C'mon guys....you telling me that Vandy never made a questionable manager decision, never left anyone on base, etc. ?

This picking every game apart is downright childish. Vandy was rated #2 and had a better team and one team sweeping another in baseball is not unusual.

C'mon guys....you telling me that Vandy never made a questionable manager decision, never left anyone on base, etc. ?

This picking every game apart is downright childish. Vandy was rated #2 and had a better team and one team sweeping another in baseball is not unusual.

What is upsetting is that VANDY has swept Auburn in the big three (football,basketball and now baseball) this year- and that should be very alarming to every one that we have slipped this far in every sport that counts.

What is upsetting is that VANDY has swept Auburn in the big three (football,basketball and now baseball) this year- and that should be very alarming to every one that we have slipped this far in every sport that counts.

There were a lot of unhappy Auburn fans at that ball park this week end. Everyone was saying the same thing you just stated. Something has got to be done with the Athletic Department!

One series, no it's not unusual. Again, it's not one game, one series or even one season. It's the consistent pattern of failure that's been predictable since Pawloski took over. At some point (and I think we are WAY past that point) it's no longer acceptable to say "that's baseball". "That's baseball" explains away an aberration. It does not explain away four+ years of consistent failure.

Archived