Opening with WSU @ JHS vs. Clemson @ GA Dome

Dixie1860

Meh. Leach was their coach last year and they were still a doormat. No matter the coach, they still don't have talent anywhere close to ours. Even if Leach being there has turned recruiting around some, the new talent isn't experienced. I'm expecting us to put a pretty good hurting on them, though they will score some points. That said, I'm happy to be starting the season with a very winnable game. I personally hate having a big game first, because for some reason we never seem to do well in them. Don't ask me why, but we definitely seem to do better when we can get our feet under us the first couple of games. I'm fine with winning against cupcakes early and playing the big dogs when they get here.

My feelings exactly. If this game is close, or we somehow loose, it could be a sign of another longer year.

Ehhh...Clemson isn't that bad, but they have a portion of their fan base that likes to ride the coat tails of others. If not for Auburn, they wouldn't be orange or the Tigers. Give them a history lesson and they will wilt like a cut flower in the hot sun. I should know...I grew up a Clemson kid. ;)

What's funny is, if you look at Clemson Tigers on wikipedia, it acknowledges that their coach came from Auburn, but then says the guy wanted the mascot to be the Tigers because he admired the Princeton Tigers. :-\

Cause wikipedia is know for its truths.....

Bonjour!

Jacobs should be ashamed WTF did we play Alabama A & M last year? Pathetic play people. The Big Ten is already discussing the possibility of not permiting any scheduling against Division IAA opponents. The SEC should follow the lead. We continue to get bombarded by this notion the college football regular season is the best in all of sports. I couldnt disagree more. When 6-7 teams make bowl games and the SEC schedules cupcakes out of conference it isnt.

I would love to see us play say home and home againsts the likes of say vs Michigan, Wisconsin, Notre Dame, Washington, Nebraska, Florida State, Going to see games at any of these venues would be great!!!

Yet the SEC keeps winning national championships in football...go figure!

Jacobs should be ashamed WTF did we play Alabama A & M last year? Pathetic play people. The Big Ten is already discussing the possibility of not permiting any scheduling against Division IAA opponents. The SEC should follow the lead. We continue to get bombarded by this notion the college football regular season is the best in all of sports. I couldnt disagree more. When 6-7 teams make bowl games and the SEC schedules cupcakes out of conference it isnt.

I would love to see us play say home and home againsts the likes of say vs Michigan, Wisconsin, Notre Dame, Washington, Nebraska, Florida State, Going to see games at any of these venues would be great!!!

Yet the SEC keeps winning national championships in football...go figure!

I like the idea of keeping the money in-state, and playing one or two cupcakes is absolutely fine in the SEC IMO. I think we should play one upper/mid-tier out of conference game, just to keep everyone honest, and then let the championships speak for themselves when it comes to SEC strength of schedule. I also wish we would play against some tiny school like A&M for A-day instead of just scrimmaging, but hey no one is asking me.

If I recall ... Early in tubbs tenure our underclassmen played a jv game against Georgia southern or someone like that. The demand on players nowadays has taken that kind of creativity away

Clemson/Dabo are riding sky high right now. They beat LSU a few months ago, they think they can compete with any SEC team. Spurrier has their number though - they can't seem to get over the hump with the Cocks. I love to watch the sparring between those two coaches.

Eww

Clemson/Dabo are riding sky high right now. They beat LSU a few months ago, they think they can compete with any SEC team. Spurrier has their number though - they can't seem to get over the hump with the Cocks. I love to watch the sparring between those two coaches.

Eww

My reaction as well.

(Note to self - RE: the Keesler post, never mention "humps" and "Cocks" with "sparring" and "Dabo/Spurrier" in the same post.)

Archived