2014 3* QB Tyler Harris (UCF signee)

ellitor

• Blackshear, GA (Pierce County)
  • Ht: 6-3 | Wt: 205
  • Not offered by Auburn yet but AU has interest. Only has 2 quality offers in Bama (not commitable) and Miss St.
  • similiar traits to Cornwell minus the pub

free write ups from the Nike Camp in Atl this past weekend

Link scroll halfway down

Tyler Harris, QB, Blackshear (Ga.) Pierce County -- Harris really put together a nice weekend, first during Friday's Elite 11 Atlanta Regional and then again Saturday at the NFTC. Not surprisingly, his big arm was an attention-getter, as he fired darts all over the field. Harris was accurate with his throws, and his footwork seems to get a little better each time out.

Link 2 scroll

Blackshear (Ga.) Pierce County’s Tyler Harris always has one of the stronger arms at every event he attends and Friday was no different. However, what stood out the most was Harris’ ability to change speeds on short to intermediate routes -- an area he’s made strides in since this time last year.

What about his mobility ? Had time to watch only the first two minutes and he stayed close in the pocket for the majority of that time.

Great passer !

Somewhere, E and Chris Todd are arming themselves.......... ;D

What about his mobility ? Had time to watch only the first two minutes and he stayed close in the pocket for the majority of that time.

Great passer !

LOL

E, he can definitely throw the ball. He gets it there fast, not a ton of air under his throws.

Can he run? He seems to avoid the rush well. Do we know how many rushing yards he had last year?

Great passer !

Considering that the most successful teams running some variation of the spread had QB's who ran at least 900 yards I think "what about his mobility?" is a legitmate question.

That said, IMO, he appears to be mobile enough. More of a 400 - 600 yard threat.

Great passer !

Considering that the most successful teams running some variation of the spread had QB's who ran at least 900 yards I think "what about his mobility?" is a legitmate question.

That said, IMO, he appears to be mobile enough. More of a 400 - 600 yard threat.

As I have said a number of times 1. This is not a typical finese spread offense. It is a power offense which is why I call it a machine gun offense. It is quick and powerful. 2. look at the seasons Paul Smith had in 2007 and David Johnson in 2008 at Tulsa under Gus. Neither were option QBs but both put up outstanding pass numbers. I think Gus knows the run game will take care of itself even without an option QB because of his fast tempo. To drive that point home further Auburn was 12th in the nation in rush yards in 2009 without using the QB option basically all season (Chris Todd was QB). Sure it would be nice to have a power option QB like Cam or a Speed option QB like RG3 but I strongly believe that what is most important to Gus is pass efficiency whether the QB is fleet of foot or not.

Great passer !

Damn Skippy! I am as slow as a turtle but I was all time QB as a kid for a reason. I was pretty accurate on passes 30 yards or less.

Great passer !

As I have said a number of times 1. This is not a typical finese spread offense. It is a power offense which is why I call it a machine gun offense. It is quick and powerful. 2. look at the seasons Paul Smith had in 2007 and David Johnson in 2008 at Tulsa under Gus. Neither were option QBs but both put up outstanding pass numbers. I think Gus knows the run game will take care of itself even without an option QB because of his fast tempo. To drive that point home further Auburn was 12th in the nation in rush yards in 2009 without using the QB option basically all season (Chris Todd was QB). Sure it would be nice to have a power option QB like Cam or a Speed option QB like RG3 but I strongly believe that what is most important to Gus is pass efficiency whether the QB is fleet of foot or not.

Thanks E for that good insight. One note about Todd is that the HUNH did improve his running although he wasn't noted for it.

Harris looks like as polished a passer as we've signed in recent memory. And just a HS junior. Includes Cam who was not regarded a good passer as a HS senior according to CTT staff and others. Right now Harris would be my No. 2 (behind Barker) of QBs that I think we would have a good shot at signing. Unfortunately neither has an offer from AU and may not get one. I still say our guys will be Doss and (I know E doesn't think that we sign another) but either Moss or Rosier as QB/Athlete. But it will be interesting to see if Gus goes hard after another big-time guy (like Watson or Grier) now that Hansen and Cornwell are apparently looking in a different direction.

Great passer !

could not agree more, have been saying the same thing.

Great passer !

Yep. It doesn't matter what kind of QB we sign, Gus can make the offense successful no matter what.

Great passer !

Yep. It doesn't matter what kind of QB we sign, Gus can make the offense successful no matter what.

Yes he can, but why not have both if possible. It makes it very difficult to stop a QB if he can beat you with his feet and his arm. Having a Cam or RG3 is "nice"? Nobody we played thought it was "nice"!

Great passer !

Yes he can, but why not have both if possible. It makes it very difficult to stop a QB if he can beat you with his feet and his arm. Having a Cam or RG3 is "nice"? Nobody we played thought it was "nice"!

Yes but reality is guys that do both well don;t grow on trees. More times than not you get a QB that excels at one or the other Comparing Tyler Wilson to Denard Robinson from this class for example. I guarantee you there are some who think Denard is a better fit for this offense but that is simply not true. For the added dimension of his running ability you lose so much in passing efficiency. Therefore with the run game already working because of the pace Tyler Wilson would be a better fit due to his better passing abilities. The point is when looking for a QB for this offense you do not sacrifice passing efficiency AT ALL. You get the most efficient passer available to you and if he adds the run dimension then great.

Archived