Is it just me or do our players look a'lot more muscular than the recent past? The definition is a pleasant change from the way we looked last year by it's self. They look like football players. The hard work is evident. I'm not saying we looked bad before, we just look much better now. It seemed to translate to the field as well Saturday.

Someone in another thread the other day said he didn't think they looked good, but I saw the players and like you thought that there was a noticeable amount of definition and bulk going on some of them. Maybe it's just because they're also slimmer and you can see definition.

I don't see how they could say we don't look good. Maybe not great yet, but...? Granted, Miller needs to put on another 25lbs+ and a few others but I saw little bad weight outside of an unnamed LB. Just the arms of our DB's and the bodies of our DT's is enough to say it is better. Dismukes looks like an All-SEC type now as well.

Don'e even use THAT term. I still say there is a noticeable difference in most of the team. I will be really interested to see how we look when we report for fall.

I agree that we looked better physically, but we still looked small compared to the teams we need to beat to compete in the SEC. This is not a complaint, just a fact. Russell can't undo in 4 months what took 4 years to create. I like the direction we seem to be headed.

wde

I agree that we looked better physically, but we still looked small compared to the teams we need to beat to compete in the SEC. This is not a complaint, just a fact. Russell can't undo in 4 months what took 4 years to create. I like the direction we seem to be headed.

wde

All of this.

I had the same observations and thoughts. At least ours are starting to work towards that level of commitment and preparedness.

Better is good, however, others teams have prepared longer and better than we and therefore have a head start.

If apperances lead to results, we should be more competitive next year from what I see..

wde

+++++ Patience is the KEY word for fans. We're headed in the right direction but certain things can't be fixed in 1 spring or 1 summer from what happend over 4 years. As long as we continue making progress...that's the most important thing!

wde

+++++ Patience is the KEY word for fans. We're headed in the right direction but certain things can't be fixed in 1 spring or 1 summer from what happend over 4 years. As long as we continue making progress...that's the most important thing!

+infinity

Patience and appreciation.

All most of us want is to see a team caring as much about wearing O & B as we do .

Winning will come. WDE

Peace Luv and Tigers

Patience and appreciation.

All most of us want is to see a team caring as much about wearing O & B as we do .

Winning will come. WDE

Peace Luv and Tigers

Coach Dye and Coach Tubberville consistently fielded a team that was better at the end of the season than at the start of the season,except for a rash of injuries a couple of years. At this point, that would be a great thing to see.

I don't expect to see many of our players getting physically bigger. They may get stonger, harder, more defined, and pray to God ---->mentally tougher. But, Gus' system needs players that are very well conditioned, he needs speed, agility, quickness and endurance on both O & D to sustain the number of offensive snaps he wants in a game.

I don't expect to see many of our players getting physically bigger. They may get stonger, harder, more defined, and pray to God ---->mentally tougher. But, Gus' system needs players that are very well conditioned, he needs speed, agility, quickness and endurance on both O & D to sustain the number of offensive snaps he wants in a game.

Agreed with the exception of Patrick Miller and some young guys. Can't someone get that boy a sandwich?

Most people should have known that it was going to take more than 1 S&C cycle to reach the level they need to ultimately be and be as strong as the upper tier SEC West teams. Having said that, they definitely looked better defined, in better shape and they still have 3 more months to work on it before Fall camp. Slade, Dismukes, Diamond, Young, Wright and Bradley looked the most transformed to me and Coleman is in great shape.

Since organized practice is done, what's a player going to do over the summer?

Mostly just drink and smoke spice. At least that's what I read on the BSPN ticker this morning :P

Archived