Can we still make it?

I'm just wondering; the series loss at Mizzou brought our rpi down a lot most likely. Thing is, if we don't totally fall of the map, we've got a shot at finishing at something like 34-22 or 33-23 in the regular season. What needs to happen for us to make a regional?

We can still make it. I don't think we will but it is still mathematically possible.

We are currently 7-14 in the SEC with series remaining against Arky, Ole Miss and Florida. Expecting us to do any better than finishing 10-20 is a reach. Short of winning the SEC tournament I don't see a 10-20 team getting in.

We are currently 25-18. Win all three remaining non-conference games and continue on our current SEC winning percentage and we'll finish 31-24. That record does not include a single win over a strong non-conference opponent. That's because we didn't schedule any strong non-conference opponent. Not one.

I don't think the selection committee will have much trouble leaving us out. No trouble at all.

I'm just wondering what it WOULD take. I guess my question is what could we do in these last 12 games to get in? I hate to use the phrase bare minimum because Auburn should never just try to do the bare minimum they can to achieve something

I'm just wondering what it WOULD take. I guess my question is what could we do in these last 12 games to get in? I hate to use the phrase bare minimum because Auburn should never just try to do the bare minimum they can to achieve something

I think I read where PM said today that AU needs to go 6-3 in the last 3 series against Arkansas, Ole Miss, and Florida. Mathematically we can but no way in heck it happens unless we trot out a completely different team the last 3 weekends

Didn't read the PM article but I would think 6-3 (obv 3-0 ooc) gets us on the bubble for a regional invite. Also probably need to do some work in the tournament.

Comes down to wins now. Think any win we can get now is a good win. Conference wins are needed, of course. Anything can happen at home, so ill always give the benefit of the doubt to us that we could play inspired baseball at home and win those two series. Only one left is Florida. Probably need a series win. We get swept in any of these and I believe it's time to put all the chips into winning the sec tournament. I know I sound very, and possibly even overly optimistic, but I can see us playing inspired ball down the stretch and getting back into consideration. Going to take probably about 9-3 with at least 6 conference wins from here on out. Rpi went down this wknd but could be spurred back up with series wins over ole miss, gators, and arky

tigerbrotha12, I admire and respect your optimism. As much as I hope you are correct, I simply don't see this Auburn team winning 6 of these last 9 games against that competition. We went 3-3 against the league's worst two teams, UGA and Mizzou. I don't think the team, and that includes everybody from the head coach down to the ball girls, is capable of winning 6 games against Ole Miss, the Gators and Arky.

I just try not to come rely give up on any of my teams until the fat lady sings. Ill admit she's warming up her voice right now on AU baseball, but you never know when a spurt of inspiration can come. We'd have to field a different team than we've seen though

Archived