2014 4* QB Brandon Harris (LSU signee)

ellitor

Good Grief, I just feel like he has had his mind made up for a little while now. It was just a personal feeling I have had. I should have said so I guess. I clearly said I didn't blame him. If you look at his comments he said he didn't want to see the facilities and just wanted to meet Mahlzan and see some Cam Newton swag. If I were visiting a school that I was seriously interested in I would HAVE to see where I would be living and going to class. Maybe that's just me though?

He did look at all that stuff. I take it you did not read Hoke's full article. And for the first part, you did say so. lol

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am putting Brandon 85-90% to LSU. Something happened that I can't say on here because it's premium right now but if you followed his recruitment the past couple weeks you all know what that something is. If you don't know PM me.

timestamp='1373585027' post='1865156'[/color]]

Yes it does and right now I'm leaning towards LSU as his choice but we'll see soon.

;D

Can't argue with that. I just hope we manage to get a QB, a few DTs, some Safeties, a Guard, and some WRs.

timestamp='1373585027' post='1865156'[/color]]

Yes it does and right now I'm leaning towards LSU as his choice but we'll see soon.

;D

Nobody likes a show off. :tease:

Word is he is going to the LSU camp now. TYFWIW, I'm not nearly as charitable toward is recruitment as most of you are. Don't ever say or do things you can't live up to, especially over the span of a couple of days. No reason to have said he wasn't going to the camp. However, I am with all you guys. let's get White offered and committed before the ole ball coach gets involved.

@TigerBaitWill

http://TigerBait.com has confirmed that four-star QB Brandon Harris of Parkway-Bossier City is on campus at #LSU today.

Now it's public so people can stop PMing me now. lol Those of you who PMed me should have easily guessed what I hinted at.

Word is he is going to the LSU camp now. TYFWIW, I'm not nearly as charitable toward is recruitment as most of you are. Don't ever say or do things you can't live up to, especially over the span of a couple of days. No reason to have said he wasn't going to the camp. However, I am with all you guys. let's get White offered and committed before the ole ball coach gets involved.

Agreed. He pulled the wool over many people. I wish him the best and hope that is something he matures out of at LSU.

I just don't get why he would want to hide that he was going to the camp. I don't think anyone would have thought it was that big of a deal if he was upfront in the first place. Recruitment is a very odd game...I have to remind myself that we are all talking about the decisions of 17-18 year olds. Then it makes sense!

So ... He told our coaches he wasn't going to lsu then did anyways? One question to me is, did he actually lie or did he simply have a change of heart (likely urged by the lsu folks).

Regardless, on the surface either scenario paints his camp in a poor light. Hope it was a third option and he told our coaches he had not decided or that he was actually going ... I assume our coaches would have said that they would see that as an indication of his college decision.

Will be interesting if we wait till the 18th to offer sw.

Btw, isn't this a similar scenario (although not as secretive) as Watson coming to AU on the sly? It appears we lost out in both instances.

Bring on sw!

I never wrote this but I wanted the kid who was the most positively influential leader, assuming sec caliber football skills. Our QB position needs some serious field general leadership lacking since 2010.

I just don't get why he would want to hide that he was going to the camp. I don't think anyone would have thought it was that big of a deal if he was upfront in the first place. Recruitment is a very odd game...I have to remind myself that we are all talking about the decisions of 17-18 year olds. Then it makes sense!

He did more than hide it. He told LSU reporters 3 weeks ago he was going to LSU's camp and then told an Auburn reporter he had no idea where that came from when it came from his own mouth. That is just one of a few inconsistencies in his recruitment but I digress. I with him all the best.

When does the camp end? Let me guess the 18th....so probably big announcement down there on campus.....

The announcement is 2 PM CT at his school on Thursday.

Stringing what out? His commit date has been firm for months. He has publicly named top lists and publically eliminated teams either after visits or commitments from other players. He is down to three and has taken visits to each before deciding. As far as recruiting goes, his is one of the most upfront and open I have seen in years.

IMO, BH = :corndog: . I don't blame him either. His dad is important to him and I can't fault him for that. Just don't care for stringing this out the way he has. Such is the way with kids these days I suppose.

Stringing this out? BH set a date for July 18, took some visits and will announce on the 18th. How in the hell is he stringing things out? He's handled his recruitment with confidence and class imo,

Thank you Pops and I agree completely. This is exactly what I was referring to plus something a little birdie told me this weekend that I can't mention but will come out soon enough. Again, au_bsci_04 and TigerWar I should have worded that post better but I have suspected that he was playing games for a while. Hey, he could turn around and commit to us. If he did though I would be very reluctant to celebrate.

Now we have to all start talking about how we never wanted him and that he will be a bust...he was 5th on our QB list, he never had a commitable offer, would have gray-shirted, etc. GO!! :thumbsup:

I'll start...

I just get the feeling this kid would have been a 3-star by seasons end. Frankly, I'm glad we decided to pass on him and secretly told him he did not have a commitable offer when he came to visit. Heck, the coaches declined to even show him the athletic facilities and gave him a dorm tour instead. He'd probably be a better WR at the college level anyways. Dodged a bullet on that one!

Now we have to all start talking about how we never wanted him and that he will be a bust...he was 5th on our QB list, he never had a commitable offer, would have gray-shirted, etc. GO!! :thumbsup:

I'll start...

I just get the feeling this kid would have been a 3-star by seasons end. Frankly, I'm glad we decided to pass on him and secretly told him he did not have a commitable offer when he came to visit. Heck, the coaches declined to even show him the athletic facilities and gave him a dorm tour instead. He'd probably be a better WR at the college level anyways. Dodged a bullet on that one!

Not saying that I never wanted him but me and over half the AU fans on this board picked SW over BH in the poll question.

Just caught up on the last few pages of posts. Are we going to offer Sean White or are we still holding out for Harris?

I would guess that we are in the process of making SW our #1 QB target, moving away from BH. I am sure the coaches are working this as we type.

I would also guess that SW gets an AU offer soon. Now the next question would be when does SW commit to a school, no idea.

I'll start...

Not saying that I never wanted him but me and over half the AU fans on this board picked SW over BH in the poll question.

Same here TW! Harris may develop into a great passer but IMO White is already a great passer and more than likely could show up only needing to master the playbook. With him having a 4.3 GPA I would imagine he could make short work of that.

Just caught up on the last few pages of posts. Are we going to offer Sean White or are we still holding out for Harris?

I would guess that we are in the process of making SW our #1 QB target, moving away from BH. I am sure the coaches are working this as we type.

I would also guess that SW gets an AU offer soon. Now the next question would be when does SW commit to a school, no idea.

He has said that if we offered he would take a week to talk it over with his parents and make a decision. Now that may have changed but if so I haven't seen it.

If BH told our coaches he was not going to camp at LSU before the scheduled committment date and then changed his mind, does that mean our committment to him about not offering another QB before that date is null and void??

If BH told our coaches he was not going to camp at LSU before the scheduled committment date and then changed his mind, does that mean our committment to him about not offering another QB before that date is null and void??

No. There are not written agreements on these things. The staff can still choose to offer and accept his commitment if they wanted and provided he commits to Auburn

Dixie, sorry for the harsh post. New info brought to light (which you may gave already known about) obviously has me eating a little crow. Up until now, I've thought well of him during this process. My apologies.

I'm still not too caught up in all this. We have two great, unproven prospects in front of him (not counting Jason Smith - interested to see what position he plays at Fork Union), and one already committed behind him. He's an outstanding, unproven prospect, but after watching SW at the Elite 11 I think he is as well. In fact, SW showed passing accuracy like we haven't seen on the Plains in a while. But all that may be for naught because of the stiffness of the competition.

In Chapter 2 of his book Gus points out the six things required for success in the HUNH, and a dual threat QB isn't one of them. BTW I really enjoyed the book and my understanding of what the HUNH is about and how it works have gone up immensely - including understanding the numbers board. I do worry about Gen. George Patton's response when asked how he beat the brilliant German general Rommel. He said, "I read his book". Rommel had published a book about military strategy that helped Patton figure out what he was doing.

Archived