2014 4* QB Brandon Harris (LSU signee)

ellitor

Here is some food for thought and something I miised earlier but did BH let something slip in the Hoke article?

Auburn just signed Rivals100 quarterback Jeremy Johnson and JUCO standout Nick Marshall in the Class of 2013. But Harris isn't worried about competition. "I have confidence, but I'm not arrogant. I told Coach Malzahn, if I said I didn't want to come to Auburn because they have Johnson, Marshall, Kiehl Frazier, then don't recruit me because I'm your wrong guy. When I come here, I'm not coming to redshirt, I want to play right away."
Notice he did not say if like you would think he would. Things that make you go hmmm.

Yah, I noticed that too. Confidence is all well and good but I think he is having some unrealistic expectations if he thinks he is going to dance on in here and jump in front of NM or JJ. Unrealistic expectations have caused dissension on many a team. I still think for a couple reasons he picks LSU which would be ok with me, but we will see in 5 days.

The kid is just very confident. He said in other places he understands if he does not win the starting job but he will go compete for it whereever he goes. Healthy perspective IMO. Anyway I was only talking about the part I highlighted in orange in that he may have slipped his choice.

Yes, I got that part. It won't be long now.

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Little talked about tidbit on BH, he is a December grad who plans to EE.

B.Harris ‏@bharrisqb1 12h

So glad I graduate in December praise god!

How many EE spots do we have open?

There is 2 parts to that. 22 of the 24 in the 2013 class counted in the 2013 class so 3 EEs can count to the 2013 class. As for total EEs that equals the number we are below 85. Anymore than 3 EEs count to the 2014 class.

With all of the confidence on this board that we will sign BH, I wonder why all of a sudden many AU insiders r saying LSU now. IDK what to believe now. I have felt we were the team to beat for a while now. Oh well, we shall know in a few days.

With all of the confidence on this board that we will sign BH, I wonder why all of a sudden many AU insiders r saying LSU now. IDK what to believe now. I have felt we were the team to beat for a while now. Oh well, we shall know in a few days.

Insiders haven't been correct any more than non-insiders so I wouldn't worry too much about predictions one way or the other.

^Um...he's about to commit. I'd say the predictions are pretty meaningful.

What the heck is going on with our recruiting? TN, Ark, and even KY are having better recruiting classes than we are!

There has not been confidence on this board by anyone reputable. If you site my 60% that is not very confident. I am changing my pick to LSU. This from Bryan Matthews Link

Heads up, I changed my crystal ball prediction to LSU for 4-star quarterback Brandon Harris from Parkway in Bossier City, La. Don't really have any specifics to share on why other than I've talked to many sources close to his recruitment and now feel like LSU is team to beat. This is just my current prediction, which can change at anytime, and not a guarantee either way.

Bryan also just picked Sean White to Ayburn.

Brandon Harris' grandmother is supposed to let all the staffs know tomorrow what school he chose. It is very possible that happened today.

Insiders haven't been correct any more than non-insiders so I wouldn't worry too much about predictions one way or the other.

Actually predictions closer to a commit date has a higher percent chance of being correct.

What the heck is going on with our recruiting? TN, Ark, and even KY are having better recruiting classes than we are!

The only reason Tennessee and Kentucky are listed higher is because they have 18 and 19 commits respectively. Their quality per recruit is not very good. They are 7th and 9th in the SEC in terms of quality of recruits. They will not be in the top 10 not ahead of Auburn come NSD. Book it! Also, where are you getting the Arky stuff from? They are 68th in team rankings.

There has not been confidence on this board by anyone reputable. If you site my 60% that is not very confident. I am changing my pick to LSU. This from Bryan Matthews Link

Heads up, I changed my crystal ball prediction to LSU for 4-star quarterback Brandon Harris from Parkway in Bossier City, La. Don't really have any specifics to share on why other than I've talked to many sources close to his recruitment and now feel like LSU is team to beat. This is just my current prediction, which can change at anytime, and not a guarantee either way.

Brandon Harris' grandmother is supposed to let all the staffs know tomorrow what school he chose. It is very possible that happened today.

I thought an earlier post stated the BH had decided not to attend an upcoming camp at LSU, yet now he's being picked to commit to them. What happened? Did I miss something?

I thought an earlier post stated the BH had decided not to attend an upcoming camp at LSU, yet now he's being picked to commit to them. What happened? Did I miss something?

Him attending the camp was not a deal breaker one way or another.

I have a prediction: Some of our insiders who have up until time for the kid to commit said "All AU" but who have just now been silent, will likely be eating a lot of crow shortly.

Yeah he told the source in the tweet that he wasn't going to the LSU camp, but he told just about everyone in Louisiana that he was. Nuff said...

Actually predictions closer to a commit date has a higher percent chance of being correct.

Agreed! Also, predictions closer to signing date are even better. Unless, of course, those insiders are predicting schools for Yeldon, Browder, Foster, Calloway and more guys like that.

IMO, BH = :corndog: . I don't blame him either. His dad is important to him and I can't fault him for that. Just don't care for stringing this out the way he has. Such is the way with kids these days I suppose.

well gotta hate the corndogs going after every WR and the top Dual Threat QB and the top WR's hmm wonder why? maybe they know they can't get both or can you?

Stringing what out? His commit date has been firm for months. He has publicly named top lists and publically eliminated teams either after visits or commitments from other players. He is down to three and has taken visits to each before deciding. As far as recruiting goes, his is one of the most upfront and open I have seen in years.

IMO, BH = :corndog: . I don't blame him either. His dad is important to him and I can't fault him for that. Just don't care for stringing this out the way he has. Such is the way with kids these days I suppose.

Stringing this out? BH set a date for July 18, took some visits and will announce on the 18th. How in the hell is he stringing things out? He's handled his recruitment with confidence and class imo,

Good Grief, I just feel like he has had his mind made up for a little while now. It was just a personal feeling I have had. I should have said so I guess. I clearly said I didn't blame him. If you look at his comments he said he didn't want to see the facilities and just wanted to meet Mahlzan and see some Cam Newton swag. If I were visiting a school that I was seriously interested in I would HAVE to see where I would be living and going to class. Maybe that's just me though?

Archived