2014 4* DE Andrew Williams commits to AU!

ellitor

I like the things AW is saying lately. Gus & Co. are shooting straight with these kids. With Garner's respect and Craig's ability to mentor/big bro it has to be attractive.

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So where do the experts (you guys running the recruiting forum, not 247, Rivals etc.) think we are on this kid at the moment?

Best guess is top 3 with Ole Miss and Clemson.

So where do the experts (you guys running the recruiting forum, not 247, Rivals etc.) think we are on this kid at the moment?

Best guess is top 3 with Ole Miss and Clemson.

Thanks, E. Appreciate how much you do on these boards.

I actually think we are in good shape right now with AW. With the PT we can promise if he is ready, like E said Clemson and Ole Miss are the comp.

• 1 month later...

5 annalists on 247 between late July and early August predicted AW to Auburn. Nothing since, until today...predicted to Clemson. Any body have anything?

5 annalists on 247 between late July and early August predicted AW to Auburn. Nothing since, until today...predicted to Clemson. Any body have anything?

It depends on who made the prediction. They have some whose Football IQ is questionable at best. Let's see what happens this weekend.

It was Todd Huber, who is 0-2 in predictions thus far, so I hear what you're saying. But typically predictions aren't made without some catalyst.

It was Todd Huber, who is 0-2 in predictions thus far, so I hear what you're saying. But typically predictions aren't made without some catalyst.

Is he related to Jim Huber, the longtime TV/Radio Sportscaster in ATL? I loved Jim Huber. I agree, but if you look there are some "odd" choices of "predictors". Maybe not in this case but sometimes if it is just one prediction without others following it is because they just "got around to it" or they just got their ability to do so. I have not heard anything on him in a minute other than a repeat of what we already knew.

Clemson was his first offer so they will likely Always be in it but to my knowledge there is no new info on AW. He still has a top 3 ofAuburn, Clemson and Ole Miss.

Clemson was his first offer so they will likely Always be in it but to my knowledge there is no new info on AW. He still has a top 3 of Auburn, Clemson and Ole Miss.

Probably just me, but seems odd he would not attend a game between 2 of his top 3 schools that is under a 2 hour drive. Could be a sign that Clemson is more in the drivers seat than we thought...

Clemson was his first offer so they will likely Always be in it but to my knowledge there is no new info on AW. He still has a top 3 of Auburn, Clemson and Ole Miss.

Probably just me, but seems odd he would not attend a game between 2 of his top 3 schools that is under a 2 hour drive. Could be a sign that Clemson is more in the drivers seat than we thought...

He had always planned to attend a later game like UGA or Bama. Whether he wasthere or not he has to be very impressed with the development of the D Line that was shown last night. As I said about Elisha Shaw I like Garner's chances with any Georgia DL he wants.

Is he related to Jim Huber, the longtime TV/Radio Sportscaster in ATL? I loved Jim Huber. I agree, but if you look there are some "odd" choices of "predictors". Maybe not in this case but sometimes if it is just one prediction without others following it is because they just "got around to it" or they just got their ability to do so. I have not heard anything on him in a minute other than a repeat of what we already knew.

One of my favorite Jim Huber memories was when he lost a bet and had to accompany Skinny Bobby Harper on a date in drag - shaved legs and all. Good times. He was on TV for a while and loved his Presbyterian Blue Hose.

One of my favorite Jim Huber memories was when he lost a bet and had to accompany Skinny Bobby Harper on a date in drag - shaved legs and all. Good times. He was on TV for a while and loved his Presbyterian Blue Hose.

Sadly the days of Jim Huber and Lewis Grizzard have passed. Even with his leghumping tendancies I always loved Lewis!! Great humorist and Football fan as well as writer.

Has there been a uncommited player ranked as AW is where there has been LESS information? I mean there hasn't been a single word on him since the season started IIRC.

I am from McDonough where Andrew is from and went to school with his brother. Heard he is looking for a good business school. Coaches can point to the huge donation the business school got on top of all the actual football benefits we offer. His brother (plays for GT) said that Andrew is going to do what is best for him and he is not going to rush into this decision. Hope we get him though.

This guy is a true talent, I am wondering if he could also move inside??

Maybe but the staff is not looking at him inside at the moment.

I think he has the frame for it possibly, he is going to be a sight to see once he gets in an SEC Type S&C program. I can't wait to see both Williams, Andrew and Tre, after some S&C + 2 a days! :o

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived