Ole Miss vs. Auburn

TigerWar

The only thing I will add to this conversation is to mention how difficult the Ole Miss schedule is this year. While I do expect to see improvement as a team, I am not sure that they will finish the season with a much better record than last year. I'll say one more win.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I think Ole Miss will be much improved and I think Freeze is a hell of a coach, their schedule cannot be ignored - this has to be the toughest five game stretch in the country -

Sep 14 @Texas

Sep 28 @Alabama

Oct 5 @Auburn

Oct 12 vs. Texas A&M

Oct 19 vs. LSU

OUCH!!!!!

While I think Ole Miss will be much improved and I think Freeze is a hell of a coach, their schedule cannot be ignored - this has to be the toughest five game stretch in the country -

Sep 14 @Texas

Sep 28 @Alabama

Oct 5 @Auburn

Oct 12 vs. Texas A&M

Oct 19 vs. LSU

OUCH!!!!!

They could easily have 5 L's after this stretch. Good thing for us is that uat beats them up the week before they come to our house.

Sep 14 @Texas

Sep 28 @Alabama

Oct 5 @Auburn

Oct 12 vs. Texas A&M

Oct 19 vs. LSU

OUCH!!!!!

I see 3 possible wins. Us, Texas and LSU.

Sep 14 @Texas

Sep 28 @Alabama

Oct 5 @Auburn

Oct 12 vs. Texas A&M

Oct 19 vs. LSU

OUCH!!!!!

It may be wishful hoping, but I think A&M will take a huge tumble this season. They lost a lot of big time contributors.

Sep 14 @Texas

Sep 28 @Alabama

Oct 5 @Auburn

Oct 12 vs. Texas A&M

Oct 19 vs. LSU

OUCH!!!!!

It may be wishful hoping, but I think A&M will take a huge tumble this season. They lost a lot of big time contributors.

So did bama

Sep 14 @Texas

Sep 28 @Alabama

Oct 5 @Auburn

Oct 12 vs. Texas A&M

Oct 19 vs. LSU

OUCH!!!!!

I'm thinking the same thing. With their OC gone and Manziels head not secured to his shoulders, a&m is in for a dose of reality IMO. I also can't see Ole Miss winning more than 6 games. 1-4 in that tough stretch of games, with the win being a&m.

Sep 14 @Texas

Sep 28 @Alabama

Oct 5 @Auburn

Oct 12 vs. Texas A&M

Oct 19 vs. LSU

OUCH!!!!!

I'm thinking the same thing. With their OC gone and Manziels head not secured to his shoulders, a&m is in for a dose of reality IMO. I also can't see Ole Miss winning more than 6 games. 1-4 in that tough stretch of games, with the win being a&m.

I forgot they lost their OC. That could be the biggest loss they had. I agree about Football. I just don't see how they will find a helmet big enough for him this year.

Sumlin had great offensive success prior to Kingsbury being his OC, don't expect a drop off there....Texas drug Ole Miss on the road by over 30. Don't think the Rebs will win in Austin....of course I think AU beats them (homerism) lol

Sep 14 @Texas

Sep 28 @Alabama

Oct 5 @Auburn

Oct 12 vs. Texas A&M

Oct 19 vs. LSU

OUCH!!!!!

I forgot they lost their OC. That could be the biggest loss they had. I agree about Football. I just don't see how they will find a helmet big enough for him this year.

I think Manziel may be noncerebral enough that he can step onto the field and forget/not care that he is a celebrity.

Time will tell.

Sep 14 @Texas

Sep 28 @Alabama

Oct 5 @Auburn

Oct 12 vs. Texas A&M

Oct 19 vs. LSU

OUCH!!!!!

That's sumlin's offense not the oc's. Sumlin makes his oc's head coaches. He's every bit the offensive genius as anybody in the country. I think losing some of those o line players and a couple of those wr's will hurt. Oc? No

Sep 14 @Texas

Sep 28 @Alabama

Oct 5 @Auburn

Oct 12 vs. Texas A&M

Oct 19 vs. LSU

OUCH!!!!!

That's sumlin's offense not the oc's. Sumlin makes his oc's head coaches. He's every bit the offensive genius as anybody in the country. I think losing some of those o line players and a couple of those wr's will hurt. Oc? No

Not exactly. This is Dana Holgerson's offense, which I guess would make it Mike Leach's offense. Sumlin had Holgreson calling his plays while he was at Houston before Kingsbury took over. He may indeed be a genius, but he's also had the benifit of some great OC's too.

This is sumlin's offense.He learned just as much from leach as holgerson. Sumlin was oc at Oklahoma when they averaged like 40 points a game. But yes holgerson was his first oc. But just like whoever Gus's oc was the first time he was an hc doesn't mean it's not his offense the same can be said for sumlin. Yeah he's had great oc's but usually they say the hc has something to do with influencing those guys. He's had 3oc's become head coaches. I don't think that's luck

This is sumlin's offense.He learned just as much from leach as holgerson. Sumlin was oc at Oklahoma when they averaged like 40 points a game. But yes holgerson was his first oc. But just like whoever Gus's oc was the first time he was an hc doesn't mean it's not his offense the same can be said for sumlin. Yeah he's had great oc's but usually they say the hc has something to do with influencing those guys. He's had 3oc's become head coaches. I don't think that's luck

I agree

You know a coach is doing a stellar job when he is routinely accused of cheating the way Hugh Freeze was when he started to sign some big time talent. He's doing a great job there and will likely have hit and miss success until he has a few more of those kind of signing classes in the fold. Obviously, he's a pretty dang good salesman to have signed that class last year and I think it would be a mistake to under-estimate him going forward. I definitely do not see the Ole Miss game as one that can be cavalierly chalked up as a win for Auburn but the game is at home and Auburn should have a slight edge in what could indeed turn out to be a made for TV match up. Auburn should beat them but they should've beaten them last year too.

I love the assumption Ole Miss is cheating. Did we not learn somethimg from the Cam investigation-not to level allegations where evidence is absence?

I think this may turn out to be one of the most exciting games of the year in the SEC - Gus and Freeze going at it in a high octane HUNH offensive shootout is a game made for tv.

And might I add, I really like Freeze. I think Ole Miss finally got a good coach when they picked him up and I believe that he'll actually stick around there for a while.

What's your take on this game and Freeze for that matter?

I think Ole Miss and Auburn will most likely have very similar years this season and we'll battle it out for who is the best in the west not named Alabama, LSU, or A&M.

In just my own insignificant opinion ..................... I really don't have a clue what this year is going to be like .

My Auburn mind think's we could surprise everybody and win every damn game we play .

But I worry about stuff too . I just hope for the best .

You know a coach is doing a stellar job when he is routinely accused of cheating the way Hugh Freeze was when he started to sign some big time talent. He's doing a great job there and will likely have hit and miss success until he has a few more of those kind of signing classes in the fold. Obviously, he's a pretty dang good salesman to have signed that class last year and I think it would be a mistake to under-estimate him going forward. I definitely do not see the Ole Miss game as one that can be cavalierly chalked up as a win for Auburn but the game is at home and Auburn should have a slight edge in what could indeed turn out to be a made for TV match up. Auburn should beat them but they should've beaten them last year too.

I love the assumption Ole Miss is cheating. Did we not learn somethimg from the Cam investigation-not to level allegations where evidence is absence?

IAWTP.

We will win one we are not supposed to and possibly lose one we should not....

Pat Dye always said that was what separated a good from a great season-- winning one more than you are not suppose to and not losing any you were not suppose to lose. At least in the Vegas lines makers' eyes, just about every game AU wins will be one we were not suppose to. But I think those perceptions will quickly change as the season progresses.

Archived