Rank top ten players at the beginning and end of season

AUTigers910

Rank Auburn's top ten players going into the game against Washington State and our top ten players by bowl season. Rivals just finished their top 40. I'm interested to see who y'all think is our top ten players going into the season and who will be after the Alabama game.

Beginning:

1. Tre Mason

2. Dee Ford

3. Reese Dismukes

4. Justin Garrett

5. Chris Davis

6. Cameron Artis-Payne

7. Greg Robinson

8. Cody Parkey

9. Jay Prosch

10. Angelo Blackson

End:

1. Tre Mason

2. Cameron-Artis Payne

3. Justin Garrett

4. Reese Dismukes

5. Greg Robinson

6. Nick Marshall

7. Dee Ford

8. Chris Davis

9. Jaylon Denson

10. Carl Lawson

Interesting to see who will step up this year. I'm hoping a QB will be worthy of a top ten spot by season's end. That may be the difference of going bowling or not.

My List

1. Nick Marshall

2. Tre Mason

3. Cameron Artis Payne

4. Sammie Coates

5. Dee Ford

6. Justin Garret

7. Chris Davis

8. Reese Dismukes

9. Jay Prosch

10. Carl Lawson

GTA,

The fact that you have Mason as no. 1 on both list, and have Artis-Payne moving up from no. 6 to no. 2, kinda makes me think you are saying we will be a run-first, run-second, run-third team? Am I interpreting correctly?

Beginning:

1. Tre Mason

2. Dee Ford

3. Reese Dismukes

4. Justin Garrett

5. Jay Prosch

6. Chris Davis

7. Greg Robinson

8. Cameron Artis-Payne

9. Cody Parkey

10. Steven Clark

End:

1. Tre Mason

2. Greg Robinson

3. Dee Ford

4. Reese Dismukes

5. Jay Prosch

6. Justin Garrett

7. Chris Davis

8. Nick Marshall

9. Cameron-Artis Payne

T-10. Cody Parkey/Steven Clark

I'll say this much:

Beginning:

1. Nick Marshall

End:

1. Nick Marhsall

If it was gonna be anything different, we would have won more games last year.

GTA,

The fact that you have Mason as no. 1 on both list, and have Artis-Payne moving up from no. 6 to no. 2, kinda makes me think you are saying we will be a run-first, run-second, run-third team? Am I interpreting correctly?

What I am saying is I believe with the given amount of opportunities each player has, I see those two making the most of them. I think they compliment each other well. Having Nick Marshall as a running threat of the read option will open some holes for them as well.

GTA,

With the obvious inconsistencies with the returning QBs and uncertainties surrounding NM, I'm sure GM will have an even larger portion of the plays devoted to running the ball to hopefully give the QBs larger windows to throw into when pass plays are called. If NM steps up and becomes the clear starter and proves to atleast play intelligent football (doesn't have to be great, just safe) I could see the season progressing much like it did in 2010 as far as working in more and more pass plays once NM gains the trust and experience.

If I'm ranking, I for sure have Jay Prosch in my top 3. Our two top rushers didn't average 6.0, yes SIX yards a carry just because of that baby o-line. He was excellent in pass blocking situations, too. In my opinion his lack of playing time was one of the biggest disappointments of Gene Chizik's head coaching stint at Auburn. I know he's a fullback, but I have a feeling Gus might try to turn Prosch into the next Peyton Hillis. They sure do have similar builds.

1. Greg Robinson

2. Justin Garrett

3. Jay Prosch

4. Cameron Artis-Payne

5. Reese Dismukes

6. Nick Marshall

7. Chris Davis

8. Sammie Coates

9. Josh Holsey

10. Kris Frost

I really wanted to put another WR on this list, because I think we'll see a resurgance at that position similar to what we saw in 2009 with Adams/Zachery.

I think the D-line will get enough pressure to make our secondary look much improved, but nobody is standing out to me as a game changer. If someone besides Ford doesn't step up he'll be garnering the double-team (come on Lawson!).

Rank Auburn's top ten players going into the game against Washington State and our top ten players by bowl season. Rivals just finished their top 40. I'm interested to see who y'all think is our top ten players going into the season and who will be after the Alabama game.

Beginning:

1. Tre Mason

2. Dee Ford

3. Reese Dismukes

4. Justin Garrett

5. Chris Davis

6. Cameron Artis-Payne

7. Greg Robinson

8. Cody Parkey

9. Jay Prosch

10. Angelo Blackson

End:

1. Tre Mason

2. Cameron-Artis Payne

3. Justin Garrett

4. Reese Dismukes

5. Greg Robinson

6. Nick Marshall

7. Dee Ford

8. Chris Davis

9. Jaylon Denson

10. Carl Lawson

Interesting to see who will step up this year. I'm hoping a QB will be worthy of a top ten spot by season's end. That may be the difference of going bowling or not.

As reasonable a list as I could compose. I don't really see Jay Prosch dropping in his production from beginning to end of the season (barring injury). I expect him to be consistent and a force all year. But I can also see Nick Marshall and Carl Lawson coming on by the latter part of the season. We're limiting to a list of ten, so I while don't expect Prosch to fall any in his performance, I can visualize the others climbing a lot as the season progresses.

Beginning:

1. Tre Mason

2. Dee Ford

3. Reese Dismukes

4. Justin Garrett

5. Chris Davis

6. Cameron Artis-Payne

7. Greg Robinson

8. Cody Parkey

9. Jay Prosch

10. Angelo Blackson

End:

1. Tre Mason

2. Cameron-Artis Payne

3. Justin Garrett

4. Reese Dismukes

5. Greg Robinson

6. Nick Marshall

7. Dee Ford

8. Chris Davis

9. Jaylon Denson

10. Carl Lawson

As reasonable a list as I could compose. I don't really see Jay Prosch dropping in his production from beginning to end of the season (barring injury). I expect him to be consistent and a force all year. But I can also see Nick Marshall and Carl Lawson coming on by the latter part of the season. We're limiting to a list of ten, so I while don't expect Prosch to fall any in his performance, I can visualize the others climbing a lot as the season progresses.

That's exactly what I was going for regarding Prosch. I believe he will be consistently great, but we will need others to take the spotlight so to speak if we want to be successful in my opinion. All in all, his position is one where he will do the dirty work that will help our team out tremendously, but his season won't be a season full of highlight reel type plays.

Archived