Mike Dyer (updated -- Louisville)

Builder

A neighbor, huge Gamecock fan, read in paper that Clemson is taking a serious look at Michael Dyer. Has anyone else seen this?

I for one think it would be a good move for a school to take a chance on him.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish Michael the very best, wherever he goes. Having said that, I do not want to have to play against him here in the SEC. I also don't want Dyer at Clemson either, I don't trust that Bammer Dabo. Swinney would use Michael against Auburn if he could, all while benefiting from Mike's great talent.

I doubt Dye will be at BCS conference school this fall. Probably a Conference USA or Sun Belt school. He's a one and done then on to the NFL at this point.

I doubt Dye will be at BCS conference school this fall. Probably a Conference USA or Sun Belt school. He's a one and done then on to the NFL at this point.

I think that is exactly why big schools are looking at him. College football is a business and Dyer being one and done means that the team taking him isn't taking that big of risk. If Biliema had the chance to snag him I'm sure he would, and he'd be a fool not to. Dyer is a great running back.

I'm expecting him at Western Kentucky....Bobby Petrino could give a "second" chance to Dyer after being given another chance himself. Petrino will be looking for the next big opportunity to move up in the coaching ranks and Dyer would greatly increase his chances.

I'm expecting him at Western Kentucky....Bobby Petrino could give a "second" chance to Dyer after being given another chance himself. Petrino will be looking for the next big opportunity to move up in the coaching ranks and Dyer would greatly increase his chances.

Agreed, and Dyer will gain lots of yards at WKU against those Sun Belt school defenses for the NFL scouts to see. (WKU has one more year in the Sun Belt and then it goes to Conf USA too.) I think Petrino could keep Dyer under control too.

I think Petrino could keep Dyer under control too.

Petrino can't even control himself, much less a prima donna player like Dyer.

I think Petrino could keep Dyer under control too.

Petrino can't even control himself, much less a prima donna player like Dyer.

That leopard ain't changing his spots...

I wish Michael the very best, wherever he goes. Having said that, I do not want to have to play against him here in the SEC. I also don't want Dyer at Clemson either, I don't trust that Bammer Dabo. Swinney would use Michael against Auburn if he could, all while benefiting from Mike's great talent.

What does this mean?

What does this mean?

Try to dig up dirt on Auburn. And don't think for one second he wouldn't try to.

As for "digging up bones," I would think Dyer's credibility would fall into line with the mounting line of those who tried and failed. As far as football goes, I'm all for second chances...and third...but I'm glad it's someone else taking the chance. He had the best shot--physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually--for his first chance, as far as I'm concerned. Thanks to Michael forever for his part of the 2010 team accomplishment, and I am aware that he got a lot of intangibles in return, but it's what he does with his next chapters that have our attention now...or not. :wareagle:

• 2 weeks later...

Just read a blip on WarEagleExtra that Dyer has decided on a D I school, but won't say who it is right now. I wish him the best.

Looks like Louisville is the likely landing place as he has apparently applied for enrollment

http://www.sportingn...spended-bsc-mvp

He may cut through those defenses like a hot knife through buttah. Think what guy will do the defenses of Ohio/EKentucky/Kentucky/FlaInt/Temple/Rutgers/Memphis/UConn/Cinn,etc

@GeorgeSchroeder: Former Auburn RB Michael Dyer will enroll next week at Louisville @USATODAYsports usatoday.com/story/sports/n…

@Allie_Davison

As the Internet tells me, former Auburn RB and BCS MVP Michael Dyer will enroll next week at Louisville. I know I'm rooting for him.

@JHokanson

Mike Dyer to Louisville per @GeorgeSchroeder. Really hope he's matured and grown up, for himself and his future teammates.

Archived