2013 Fall Camp - Practice 6 - Scrimmage (Wed Aug 7)

RunInRed

Here's the (media) schedule for today:

• 2:30-2:50PM - Practice at stadium; pre-practice & stretch open to media (2:30-2:50 p.m.)
  • 5:45PM - Coach Malzahn, selected players post-practice interviews at stadium

Today is next big step for 2013 Tigers our 1st Scrimmage! We need guys 2 step 4wd. #Together #itsanewday

@coachg76 (Rodney Garner)

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will they still scrimmage if its raining? I dont know what the weather is like in Auburn at the moment but it's really coming down here in Opelika.

Will they still scrimmage if its raining? I dont know what the weather is like in Auburn at the moment but it's really coming down here in Opelika.

We have a state of the art indoor practice facility for a reason.

If a real game is happening we would go ahead and play in the rain so.....?

This was kind of what I thought we would say. Isn't a scrimmage supposed to mimic game situations?

This was kind of what I thought we would say. Isn't a scrimmage supposed to mimic game situations?

I had asked the same question and i would normally agree that it would need to mimic game situations but who knows since it is the first scrimmage and coaches want to begin the process of who will start and what the different rotations will be and may not want to risk injuries in the first scrimmage. Hoping the field is not too wet and it's not raining to where it could be a factor. Thankfully we have an indoor facility if they choose to go inside today.

Well since this is still a huge evaluation period for so many key positions, id image the coaches might want to reduce as many variable (rain, indoor facility) as possible. I doubt it'd be a big deal if it were just a regular scrimmage/practice. Just trying to pass the time until we get some info from today's activities.

I had asked the same question and i would normally agree that it would need to mimic game situations but who knows since it is the first scrimmage and coaches want to begin the process of who will start and what the different rotations will be and may not want to risk injuries in the first scrimmage. Hoping the field is not too wet and it's not raining to where it could be a factor. Thankfully we have an indoor facility if they choose to go inside today.

Did not think about the fact that they are using this more for evaluating the talent for position battles than they are evaluating game movements. Valid point, good sir. Valid point. :bow:

Well since this is still a huge evaluation period for so many key positions, id image the coaches might want to reduce as many variable (rain, indoor facility) as possible. I doubt it'd be a big deal if it were just a regular scrimmage/practice. Just trying to pass the time until we get some info from today's activities.

That was along the lines of what i was thinking. If it was the 3rd or 4th scrimmage then i don't think the rain and conditions would be an issue at all as the staff most likely would've answered many questions and several positions. We shall see though. I hope they can get on the field today. Anybody in Auburn aware of the weather conditions right now and for the next 3 or 4 hours?

Anybody in Auburn aware of the weather conditions right now and for the next 3 or 4 hours?

Raining in Auburn via the Toomer's Cam.

A delay of 30 minutes would clear the field pretty much, and make the reps more even.

It is pouring here right now. But after looking at the radar we should be able to go after about 20-30 more minutes.

Anybody in Auburn aware of the weather conditions right now and for the next 3 or 4 hours?

Raining in Auburn via the Toomer's Cam.

Thanks for info.

Archived