The 1913 Auburn Tigers

AU Ivory_dealer

http://www.charlessollarsconcepts.com/auburn-tigers-throwback-1913-uniform/

I've heard Blogle mention that a uniform would be a great way to commemorate a great Auburn team. Many teams are to be recognized this year for their great achievements and since there isn't any plaque you can give these gone but not forgotten members of our history. This would be an amazing way to represent them for an SEC home game this year.

A lot of teams in college football and mostly in the NFL have done a throwback uniform or two to bring back something from their past that gives the new age a look into the history of their team. To say no just no means you don't want to be a part of a new tradition which is dont forget about the ones before us. It's 2013 and for a team that doesn't tread too far from their roots, this would be a very respectful and none flashy way to do this.

WarEagle and have an open mind please. If not, just simply post and back out of the thread. No bashing needed.

I hope it can happen one game this season. I liked blogle's idea to wear the uniforms against one of the teams we played during the 1913 season which would be Miss. St or Georgia...It would bring more excitement to the game and our players would be amped to wear these...I prefer the jersey with the white or brown pants myself. Here's a link for everyone to check out blogle's options:

http://www.warblogle.com/2013/08/14/football/100-years-later-auburn-should-honor-the-1913-team/#more-41681

I think this would be great but I'd be surprised if we would actually do it. It's like pulling teeth to even get a slight change on things it seems. Who knows though, it's supposed to be a new day and all.

We have the best uniforms in college football. Don't mess with the best!

Agreed.

If we were to do something, ONCE, I'm fine with the jersey/pants combo. But the helmet -- yikes.

Out of all the options that are on there this is my favorite one.

auburn-throwback-8.jpg

Not a fan of that A with the white outline, at all.

I agree that the 1913 team should be honored in some way... I think that the '13 throw-back uniform would be a great way to do so...

BUT... This has to be done during a game we KNOW we're going to win. So, my suggestion is the homecoming game or any of the later out of conference games...

The 1913 National Champion Auburn Tigers. Get a uniform as close to the original as possible and also, after 100 years, finally claim the championship.

I agree that the 1913 team should be honored in some way... I think that the '13 throw-back uniform would be a great way to do so...

BUT... This has to be done during a game we KNOW we're going to win. So, my suggestion is the homecoming game or any of the later out of conference games...

I don't understand this at all. IF AU does this, then it has to be for a bigger game. Kids get excited over stupid stuff like this. Would rather them get amped for UGA than Western Carolina.

Just put a "1913" sticker on our helmets this year to honor that team. Please leave our uniforms alone.

But we would still be wearing "our" uniforms. It's not like we are honoring another school. It's still AU, just a different version.

I don't understand this at all. IF AU does this, then it has to be for a bigger game. Kids get excited over stupid stuff like this. Would rather them get amped for UGA than Western Carolina.

Trust me... There will be some stupid AU fans out there that would blame a loss on a stupid uniform.

It's not gonna happen anyways, so this is kind of a dream thread...

I like the big "A" with the small 2. I also like the stripes on the arms. I'ld go with the orange pants . . . makes it more throw back. Just one game would be great! I'ld even throw some of the names of the 1913 players on the back for maximum commemoration.

The first one, with the small number on the left shoulder (an idea based on a Michigan pre-numbers throwback jersey), with the brown pants, black socks and shoes, and faux leather helmet, is the closest thing to the actual 1913 uniform.

We have done throwbacks before, but this one would really stand out. I say we do it for either the Mississippi State game or for homecoming.

I am a big defender of the traditional uniform, but I think we should break out a special throwback version for Auburn teams of the past.

I am a big defender of the traditional uniform, but I think we should break out a special throwback version for Auburn teams of the past.

Yes, I agree. The Auburn uniform most of us think of as traditional is the uniform that began in the late 50s. It is the uniform most of us like and the one that has remained relatively unchanged, except for a tweak here or there, for over 50 years. But, all the uniforms seen below are Auburn uniforms and part of Auburn history and tradition. To copy one of these Auburn throwback uniforms for a game would be part of our history.

Auburn.jpg

1913 National Champion & 1913 Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Association Champions

*********************************** THE 1913 AUBURN TIGERS *****************************************

Season record: 8-0-0 ...................... Points scored: 224 .................................... Points allowed: 13

1913-1.png

I just don't understand someone saying don't mess with our beloved uniforms. This is an Auburn uniform. As 70 stated above. I don't believe it will happen but this would be the coolest respectful and meaningful special uniform AU could ever do. Any other is just a minor uni change because we have our uniforms and they will always be to the 97% of what hey have been for over 50 years now. I'm proud of that but I love history and any way you can respect, do it for the people and the team. Only chance to do it and it mean something (100 year anniversary) (undefeated team)

Helmet sticker....... That's what you also do for a fallen player..... One game and yes have helmet sticker to appease the sticks in mud. Also it needs to be UGA or MISS ST like one stated earlier.

Awesome classic pic of team. The first ever AU team pic also has a black guy in it. Crazy how things used to be but they look like they are proud to be a part of the team as they were not allowed to think about playing. Glad we evolved on racial issues. Off topic but crazy to see old pictures of our great university and those who put the work in before us all.

The 1913 National Champion Auburn Tigers. Get a uniform as close to the original as possible and also, after 100 years, finally claim the championship.

Why don't we claim a more open NC that was here when we were all alive

Archived