Voter ID Issue

Weegle777

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you sure? It's got to be some sort of spoof, some sort of parody. I still say, he is just goofing on people who cannot see reality through the rhetoric. At first, I thought he was serious also. Then it hit me, the irrational outrage, the name calling, the meaningless posts that reflect the absurdity of blind partisanship, it's got to be a gag. The only thing that makes me doubt my theory is that I believed he was only doing it in response to, what was the guys name, Ravaho, Ravaha. I thought Raptor was going to the opposite extreme in order to make fun of him. I don't know. How do you explain Raptor's occasional posts that are rational and lucid or his humorous posts? I think you guys have fallen for a brilliant ruse.

Are you sure? It's got to be some sort of spoof, some sort of parody. I still say, he is just goofing on people who cannot see reality through the rhetoric. At first, I thought he was serious also. Then it hit me, the irrational outrage, the name calling, the meaningless posts that reflect the absurdity of blind partisanship, it's got to be a gag. The only thing that makes me doubt my theory is that I believed he was only doing it in response to, what was the guys name, Ravaho, Ravaha. I thought Raptor was going to the opposite extreme in order to make fun of him. I don't know. How do you Raptor's occasional posts that are rational and lucid or his humorous posts? I think you guys have fallen for a brilliant ruse.

If it's a ruse, there is no doubt it's brilliant.

Temerity has never been, is not now or will ever be a political asset. It is only and will always be a political liability.

Where do you get the temerity to post such utter nonsense? Without temerity, there is no political power. There is no imposing your political will on others. Without temerity, politics becomes secondary to effective governing. That's crazy talk.

I find it interesting that 71% of Latinos support voter ID when there are statistically more Latinos living in poverty than any other group...

I find it interesting that 30% of Louisiana Republicans think Obama was responsible for the Katrina response so what's your point? :dunno:;D

My point is relevant to this discussion, for starters... :jossun:

Temerity has never been, is not now or will ever be a political asset. It is only and will always be a political liability.

Where do you get the temerity to post such utter nonsense? Without temerity, there is no political power. There is no imposing your political will on others. Without temerity, politics becomes secondary to effective governing. That's crazy talk.

Without temerity, there would be about 3 posts in this forum on a basis measured in centuries. Without crazy talk, even less.

Without temerity, there would be about 3 posts in this forum on a basis measured in centuries. Without crazy talk, even less.

I always appreciate the fact that you are one of the few people who will admit that I am right and you are wrong.

I always appreciate the fact that you are one of the few people who will admit that I am right and you are wrong.

Your inerrancy is difficult to disavow.

I agree, I avow his errancy

I for one, don't have any problem avowing it.

Always contrary, lol.

I bet if Obama came out tomorrow supporting voter ID just about every poster here would reverse their position and try to rationalize it.

You betcha, whatever the "dear leader" says :-\/>

What a DA post. I feel dumber for reading it.

I don't think it was serious. Was it? I thought it was humorous. I understood it as both sides would instantly flip positions.

You are right of course. Homer just got dumber, if that's possible :dunno:

Always contrary, lol.

Ha, I already deleted that one. (It took me a few minutes to realize what I was saying) :big:

I bet if Obama came out tomorrow supporting voter ID just about every poster here would reverse their position and try to rationalize it.

I don't think it was serious. Was it? I thought it was humorous. I understood it as both sides would instantly flip positions.

Touche' :clap::bow:

You guys are very sharp this morning! Must have gotten laid last night. :laugh:

Always contrary, lol.

At least he has some temerity, even if it is the wrong kind.

I am 100% for a required voter id.

There a few reasons for the push back against it. Some are legitimate and some are political. A disproportionate number of the people who are poor don't have a Photo ID. A high percentage of this group would probably vote Democratic and also would have a higher rate of voting Democratic. That is why so many Democrats are against it because they think some people who currently honestly vote for then won't make the effort to get a photo ID and as such it will hurt them. Secondly many older Blacks remember the Poll taxes and other methods that were used in the past to dis-enfranchise them so it is easy to make them beleive this is a political ploy as opposed to way to guarantee an honest election.

You also have the groups that try to make it look like it is racial, and are trying to polarize our country even more than it is. The Al Sharpton types.

There is nothing you can do to convince the Al Sharpton types so no need to try. The other peoples issues need to be addressed and can be with intelligent well thought out laws. As an example at every polling place setup one place for people who don't have photo ID's allow them to vote but supply something to prove who they are at that time. Allow to have a Photo ID to be created at that time. Their vote will be counted in a different group and then applied once their verification is confirmed. At that time the VoterID will be mailed to them for all future elections. With todays digital cameras, the internet and cheap computers this would be viable.

Is it my fault, you refuse to accept my strength of belief as reality in your world? Nope.

Without temerity, I cannot judge the strength of your beliefs. Therefore, how do I know if I should allow you to think for me?

You are right of course. Homer just got dumber, if that's possible :dunno:/>

Touche' :clap:/> :bow:/>

You guys are very sharp this morning! Must have gotten laid last night. :laugh:/>

Well, sort of, not really, I did stay up late and watch football.

Is it my fault, you refuse to accept my strength of belief as reality in your world? Nope.

Without temerity, I cannot judge the strength of your beliefs. Therefore, how do I know if I should allow you to think for me?

You are right of course. Homer just got dumber, if that's possible :dunno:/>

Touche' :clap:/> :bow:/>

You guys are very sharp this morning! Must have gotten laid last night. :laugh:/>

Well, sort of, not really, I did stay up late and watch football.

You just stole my excuse!

Touche' :clap::bow:

You guys are very sharp this morning! Must have gotten laid last night. :laugh:

Lunch break for me! :hellyeah:

Thanks for teaching me a new word.

The next time I am stopped for speeding I'll just show the officer my power bill when he asks for i.d.

I can't wait for the micro ID chips to be implanted in all of us so that this will never, ever be an issue again.

The next time I am stopped for speeding I'll just show the officer my power bill when he asks for i.d.

I can't wait for the micro ID chips to be implanted in all of us so that this will never, ever be an issue again.

Well, that would certainly close the "open risk vector", wouldn't it? ;)

Archived