Voter ID Issue

Weegle777

You know BG, your most annoying quality isn't you utter hardheadedness-- it's that your hardheadedness stems from your inability to fathom anyone's experience that doesn't match your own.

Yours would most likely be that you're arrogant enough to think you know anything about me or where I came from. You just assume that anyone who dare believe that endless handouts don't result in societal improvement must be a rich white kid with no tough life experiences.

I will say this, I never had a minimum wage job. Not when I was 14, not when I was in college, never. And I worked my ass off. I've had a job since I was 12. I held 3 jobs at once at one point during life. And I put myself through college. Not my parents, not my government.

I wouldn't dare go into my employer's office and demand he give me more money if I hadn't first made myself more valuable to my company. And if, at 33 years old, I found myself equally as skilled as the 13 year old kid across the street, I'd find more skills, not demand more money.

I'm sure that makes me a raging a**hole. Other people think it, they're just uncomfortable saying it. But we keep saying - let's just give this last handout, then things will get better. They never get better. Because an endless stream of handouts disincentivizes production.

I'm all for improving people's lives who are mired in minimum wage skills. But giving them free money doesn't give them more skills. It just leaves them needing more money when the economy passes them by.

Weird off-topic rant. Unless you're equating poor and old people voting as giving them a handout.

Sorry, I have my threads mixed up. Thought this was the minimum wage one.

You still are projecting some absurd limitation that doesn't exist. Old people who don't have an ID, who don't get prescription medications, who can't get a ride to get a free ID, who get no government services. I said these mythical creatures are rare - and you tell me I just can't relate to other people's life experiences?

Seems weird.

Straight from the Elephant's mouth! :-\

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are just defending him because you agree with the DA arguments...

Puhleeeze... :rolleyes:

I could say the same thing about you, Homer. You are only defending icanthearyou because you agree with him . See how that works? Pretty nifty, huh?

I didn't initially call the hard-of-hearing one out. Even when he asked to whom I was referring I said, "EVERYONE." It wasn't until he got all snarky with me that I pointed out that not only can he not hear, he can't see either. BG being an Alabama fan had nothing to do with the argument he and ICHY were having. ICHY was just name calling out of frustration. I felt no need to jump in and defend anyone, just didn't want the discussion to further spiral into a name calling pissing match.

And the whole, "if it's insulting let him tell us so" is a joke and pathetic. That is in contention for the lamest thing I have heard on here. And I've been around since it was War Eagle Nation.

Have a good day, Homer.

In PA there was insufficient time for the state to even process these IDs before the next election.

I'm all for allowing appropriate lead time to get everyone ID'd up. I don't think this is a law that needs to be enacted overnight.

and the aftermath you will know it is about suppressing Democratic vote.

Are elderly republicans more likely to have ID than elderly democrats?

1. You've never worked in construction or manual labor job have you?

I had manual labor jobs before I was of voting age. And I acknowledge that there are tons of construction jobs that pay cash under the table. Not filing I-9 or W-4. That's also illegal.

I've now posted a link 3 times that showed proof of voter fraud. Dead people voting. And this was one county in one state. Took me all of 30 seconds to find. It's still not been addressed by any of the people here who keep telling us that nobody has ever voted illegally in the history of the world.

I've now posted a link 3 times that showed proof of voter fraud. Dead people voting. And this was one county in one state. Took me all of 30 seconds to find. It's still not been addressed by any of the people here who keep telling us that nobody has ever voted illegally in the history of the world.

There's a lot of that going around with them right now.

Funny, I don't remember anyone saying that. Debate's a lot easier when you do it with yourself, isn't it?

Funny, I don't remember anyone saying that. Debate's a lot easier when you do it with yourself, isn't it?

Not addressing things is the key part.

Hey, I try to have a debate. But it's hard to do when people won't answer a straight question.

I could say the same thing about you, Homer. You are only defending icanthearyou because you agree with him . See how that works? Pretty nifty, huh?

I didn't initially call the hard-of-hearing one out. Even when he asked to whom I was referring I said, "EVERYONE." It wasn't until he got all snarky with me that I pointed out that not only can he not hear, he can't see either. BG being an Alabama fan had nothing to do with the argument he and ICHY were having. ICHY was just name calling out of frustration. I felt no need to jump in and defend anyone, just didn't want the discussion to further spiral into a name calling pissing match.

And the whole, "if it's insulting let him tell us so" is a joke and pathetic. That is in contention for the lamest thing I have heard on here. And I've been around since it was War Eagle Nation.

Have a good day, Homer.

I sorry. I could have sworn you were making an issue of BamaGrad being a bammer. After all, your post said:

I forgot defending a rival fan would raise the ire of you two AE guys. Both of you are such an asset to this board. I really mean that. Seriously.

Hey, I try to have a debate. But it's hard to do when people won't answer a straight question.

How many times do I have to respond to a post in order to "address" it?

Yeah, at a certain point extreme hyperbole looks a lot like lying.

Have a good day, Homer.

I sorry. I could have sworn you were making an issue of BamaGrad being a bammer. After all, your post said:

I forgot defending a rival fan would raise the ire of you two AE guys. Both of you are such an asset to this board. I really mean that. Seriously.

Go back and read everything from the beginning. I have no time to teach you reading comprehension. You're a grown up...should know it by now.

You've yet to answer my question. That's not lying.

I agree. It's also hard when people change your posts to suit there needs or make up stuff you didn't say.

Have a good day, Homer.

Go back and read everything from the beginning. I have no time to teach you reading comprehension. You're a grown up...should know it by now.

Well my response was specific to that post. Sorry if you misinterpreted it.

You've yet to answer my question. That's not lying.

Fabricating your opponent's position is. That's BG's standard MO. And you've signed on.

Fabricating your opponent's position is. That's BG's standard MO. And you've signed on.

You like to point out the slight exaggeration to absolve you from having to answer the tough question.

So I'll rephrase. The common thread amongst anti voter ID law people is that there's no voter fraud. Or that it's so miniscule that it doesn't impact elections.

I was challenged to find a case of voter fraud by homer, I presented one after very very little time spent researching. The presentation of said evidence was disregarded multiple times. Would anyone care to address it?

I've fabricated nothing. I've asked you a question. You've refused to answer it because you don't like it, then get your nose out of joint because I won't let that pass and answer your inquiries.

I've fabricated nothing. I've asked you a question. You've refused to answer it because you don't like it, then get your nose out of joint because I won't let that pass and answer your inquiries.

That's a great example of a nonresponsive reply because your obsessed with a prior point.

That's a great example of a nonresponsive reply because your obsessed with a prior point.

I've already told you I will address your question when you address my prior one. When you can quit being silly and simply answer, I will be more than happy to address your points. It seems to me that you are obsessed with not answering for reasons only God knows why.

I've already told you I will address your question when you address my prior one. When you can quit being silly and simply answer, I will be more than happy to address your points. It seems to me that you are obsessed with not answering for reasons only God knows why.

The argument has moved on, Titan. You're still obsessed with controlling the conversation. I no longer care about your response.

You like to point out the slight exaggeration to absolve you from having to answer the tough question.

So I'll rephrase. The common thread amongst anti voter ID law people is that there's no voter fraud. Or that it's so miniscule that it doesn't impact elections.

I was challenged to find a case of voter fraud by homer, I presented one after very very little time spent researching. The presentation of said evidence was disregarded multiple times. Would anyone care to address it?

To call this:

"the people here who keep telling us that nobody has ever voted illegally in the history of the world."

a slight exaggeration one has to be dishonest, delusional or loose with facts and has difficulty admitting a mistake. I think it's the latter, btw.

I would never say it doesn't exist. I believe Homer has said the cure is worse than the illness, which is about like saying it happens in numbers too small to likely impact an election.

The type of coordination required to pull off massive in person voter fraud is very unlikely to ever happen undetected.

The argument has moved on, Titan. You're still obsessed with controlling the conversation. I no longer care about your response.

My question is completely part of the conversation and I'm not trying to control anything. If I wanted to control it, I'd demand you answer my question and have zero intention of answering yours. And if it's moved on at all, it's only because at the time when you asked your oh-so-important question that should take precedence over all, you did so without having the common courtesy of addressing mine...even though you were responding to me.

We are approaching this from different angles that I believe will eventually meet if you were halfway willing to actually engage it rather than redirect it toward something more to your own liking. I'm not sure what flew up your butt that you feel it's reasonable to behave like you are but I wish you'd see a doctor about it.

My question is completely part of the conversation and I'm not trying to control anything. If I wanted to control it, I'd demand you answer my question and have zero intention of answering yours. And if it's moved on at all, it's only because at the time when you asked your oh-so-important question that should take precedence over all, you did so without having the common courtesy of addressing mine...even though you were responding to me.

We are approaching this from different angles that I believe will eventually meet if you were halfway willing to actually engage it rather than redirect it toward something more to your own liking. I'm not sure what flew up your butt that you feel it's reasonable to behave like you are but I wish you'd see a doctor about it.

Well, I think it's pretty apparent which one of us believes his question is oh so important since I could not care less if you answer mine and you keep badgering me to answer yours. I realize you are having trouble understanding this but you quickly exhausted my interest in your answer. I really don't care. And I think your question is of limited relevance and, frankly, a distraction to the more current, important issue. You disagree and I'm perfectly fine with that. So you can continue to ramp up your personal insults toward me, but that's not going to make either your question or possible answer to mine any more enticing.

Well, I think it's pretty apparent which one of believes his question is oh so important since I could not care less if you answer mine and you keep badgering me to answer yours. I realize you are having trouble understanding this but you quickly exhausted my interest in your answer. I really don't care. And I think your question is of limited relevance and, frankly, a distraction to the more current, important issue. You disagree and I'm perfectly fine with that. So you can continue to ramp up your personal insults toward me, but that's not going to make either your question or possible answer to mine any more enticing.

It was the principle of the matter that was important to me. You chose to respond to me and without actually addressing what I said. Then you claimed of all things it was me refusing to answer questions.

How do you get your pants on each day with balls that big?

In the end, they may stop 1 fraudulent vote but at the cost of eliminating hundreds of legitimate votes

How? What reasonable purpose would you have for refusing to show your ID at a polling station?

I have never owned or driven a car and therefore I do not have a license. Will you please accept my social security card as ID? How about my AARP card? Now bammer, answer my question please. Do you have any evidence to support a case that voter fraud is or has been a problem. And, don't give me that bull that it doesn't matter, if there is any fraud it is too much. You can never totally prevent people from doing what you don't want them to do. Never in the course of human history has that been achieved on the kind of scale you are talking about. Okay, now that you cannot. Big thanks to you and Weegs for the giant waste of time. The country must be doing really well since you have time to solve problems that don't even exist. Or, maybe you guys are just ahead of the curve and can see into the future as a massive wave of voter fraud sweeps across the country. Maybe you would rest easier if we chip everyone. Hey, I've got a great idea. Why don't we talk about some real problems. Maybe we could get some interesting ideas on how to grow the economy. How about opinions on regulating the financial markets. No, that's all meaningless. Voter ID is much more important. Why don't we talk about two forms of ID. I used to go to a pool hall and you had to have two forms of ID to get a table. Of course that was only if Lou didn't know you. Maybe we could send everyone to the neighborhood pool hall to vote with two forms of ID. Would this help you. What will it take. Sorry for asking but I don't have that much experience trying to fix things that aren't broken. Please tell me if you hear any ideas that you like. I just don't know how to measure success in this sort of endeavor. How about picture IDs with 3D holographs that project the person in full scale. That way, people who just look like you wouldn't be able to take you ID and vote in your place. No wait, I've got it. This is brilliant, the perfect compromise. If you don't have a picture ID, your vote only counts as two-thirds of a vote. How about that? There, your monumental problem is taken care of. Seriously though, are you on dope? There is a fire in the kitchen and you want to put another deadbolt on the front door? Do you really believe this belongs anywhere on the list of priorities for this country, it's citizens, or it's government?

OK, I went back and read it even without the paragraph breaks (you didn't bother to add <_< ).

I agree! :hellyeah:

Well stated, even if poorly written. ;)

Archived