2016 4* QB Jawon Pass (Louisville commit)

Austintxtiger

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why'd it take so long...

Lashlee liked guys such as Shea Patterson and Xavier Gaines better. Not sure if that's still the case.

Why'd it take so long...

Lashlee liked guys such as Shea Patterson and Xavier Gaines better. Not sure if that's still the case.

That's valid. Pass is coming into his own, but maybe slower than the others mentioned. His tangibles are unmatched, IMO.

So we are looking very good at QB with Pass being a high possibility for 2016 and we have already offered someone for 2017 that for all intents should pick us as long as he continues to progress and stays healthy.

im perfectly fine with not getting gibson and getting pass! I like pass better anyway

2 different recruiting classes. Would be nice to go ahead and get our 16' QB on board, but as highly recruited as Pass is, I'm sure this will be a next spring/summer decision.

I know pass is in a different recruiting class, im just saying pass is wild card like gibson and i prefer pass

10-4, I'd be ok with that too.

I know pass is in a different recruiting class, im just saying pass is wild card like gibson and i prefer pass

Pass does not have nearly the running talent of Gibson, not the moves, not the wicked speed of Marshall or Gibson. Based solely on the film I have seen of Pass, he is a great thrower, and throws great on the run. He is going to be a big kid. Reminds me a little of JJ. I think Pass throws as good as JJ now, IMO, but JJ may be a better runner.

JJ throws the best deep ball I've ever seen and I think I'm is the best passer on the team now so if pass throws that well then we need him on the team immediately. But like I said our track record with Columbus since the Furr incident I'm not going to hold my breath

JJ throws the best deep ball I've ever seen and I think I'm is the best passer on the team now so if pass throws that well then we need him on the team immediately. But like I said our track record with Columbus since the Furr incident I'm not going to hold my breath

JJ does throw a great deep ball and I think he will be a starter at AU. That being said, Sean White is now on campus and he makes all the throws, both short and long, as well as to the sidelines. He may pass the ball as well as JJ.

JJ does throw a great deep ball and I think he will be a starter at AU. That being said, Sean White is now on campus and he makes all the throws, both short and long, as well as to the sidelines. He may pass the ball as well as JJ.

I'm massively optimistic about White. Not sure if you were suggesting that we might have a legit QB battle in 2015, but I would agree with you if you were.

Pass does not have nearly the running talent of Gibson, not the moves, not the wicked speed of Marshall or Gibson. Based solely on the film I have seen of Pass, he is a great thrower, and throws great on the run. He is going to be a big kid. Reminds me a little of JJ. I think Pass throws as good as JJ now, IMO, but JJ may be a better runner.

Pass film reminds me so much of newton. he plays similar to newton and has about the same size as newton in high school and if i have understood right his idol is cam.

Pass film reminds me so much of newton. he plays similar to newton and has about the same size as newton in high school and if i have understood right his idol is cam.

I live in Columbus (where Juwon is from), you are exactly right, Cam is very close to his idol. I've heard that when Cam called him in recent months it did wonders for us.

I'm optimistic about White as well but I have to see him against college guys. Every D1 qb looks great in their high school film. Johnson did too except I seen Johnson look awesome in college and give Marshall a run for his money so IMO I can't put him in front of Johnson

I'm optimistic about White as well but I have to see him against college guys. Every D1 qb looks great in their high school film. Johnson did too except I seen Johnson look awesome in college and give Marshall a run for his money so IMO I can't put him in front of Johnson

Oh, absolutely not. I just suspect White has a chance to make Gus have to think about it.

Hopefully we'll get to have the same conversation about Tyler Queen and Juwon Pass in a couple years!

Most players don't look so good in all-star games when they are working with new receivers and much better defenders. I think SW is the most college ready QB of the 2014 class

Most players don't look so good in all-star games when they are working with new receivers and much better defenders. I think SW is the most college ready QB of the 2014 class

Frazier looked pretty good in his all star game. From what I saw from Johnson playing in the highest class of Alabama football and dismantling some teams as well many forget he won 7 vs 7 like two or three years in a row he looked just as impressive. I see what you're saying but I'm saying I have to see it on the field first. Gus said Johnson could be starting for a lot of teams and against college football players he set himself apart. White would have to do similar for me to up and say he's a better qb than Johnson from high school clips. Of course they are all on our team so I wish the best for them all

Archived