2016 4* QB Jawon Pass (Louisville commit)

Austintxtiger

I'm optimistic about White as well but I have to see him against college guys. Every D1 qb looks great in their high school film. Johnson did too except I seen Johnson look awesome in college and give Marshall a run for his money so IMO I can't put him in front of Johnson

Most players don't look so good in all-star games when they are working with new receivers and much better defenders. I think SW is the most college ready QB of the 2014 class

Frazier looked pretty good in his all star game. From what I saw from Johnson playing in the highest class of Alabama football and dismantling some teams as well many forget he won 7 vs 7 like two or three years in a row he looked just as impressive. I see what you're saying but I'm saying I have to see it on the field first. Gus said Johnson could be starting for a lot of teams and against college football players he set himself apart. White would have to do similar for me to up and say he's a better qb than Johnson from high school clips. Of course they are all on our team so I wish the best for them all

Hard work also will play a lot into how good our players will be. JJ is going to be very good. JJ worked very hard last year. Based on what I have already heard about the work ethic of SW, I think he will be pushing hard to play. We are in such a great situation, and I think we are going to have way better than average QB's playing for us for quite a while.

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would the coaches be ok with not getting a second QB this year if we can get Pass for next?

Would the coaches be ok with not getting a second QB this year if we can get Pass for next?

What happens next year will not affect what the staff takes this year at QB. If they miss on their top 2 or 3 uncommitted guys in this class then they will likely not take a 2nd QB more because of how great they feel about Queen. As for Pass, he mat not be the clear cut #1 target on the board for next year. It looks like there are 3 or 4 guys up there right now.

What happens next year will not affect what the staff takes this year at QB. If they miss on their top 2 or 3 uncommitted guys in this class then they will likely not take a 2nd QB more because of how great they feel about Queen. As for Pass, he mat not be the clear cut #1 target on the board for next year. It looks like there are 3 or 4 guys up there right now.

That answer works for me... appreciate it good sir.

• 1 month later...

Just watched Juwan's HUDL film again. First of all, as a HS sophomore, he is 6'5" and 210 pds. I thought I was going to see someone that remided me of Cam. After watching a few minutes I decided he does not look like Cam on the field. He actually reminds me of FSU's Winston. He is a big dude already. He sees way over the offensive line and throws with a nice touch. He will be very highly recuited. I hope we can snag him.

Just watched Juwan's HUDL film again. First of all, as a HS sophomore, he is 6'5" and 210 pds. I thought I was going to see someone that remided me of Cam. After watching a few minutes I decided he does not look like Cam on the field. He actually reminds me of FSU's Winston. He is a big dude already. He sees way over the offensive line and throws with a nice touch. He will be very highly recuited. I hope we can snag him.

Cam was very big for a HS QB 6'5 230 lbs as a senior

E, i know he has similar size to CAM, but when watching the film, I think he moves more like Winston. He does not quite have the moves running the ball and is probably not as fast as Cam. He seems to see the field like Winston, throws like Winston and runs more like Winston. That is not a bad thing.

E, i know he has similar size to CAM, but when watching the film, I think he moves more like Winston. He does not quite have the moves running the ball and is probably not as fast as Cam. He seems to see the field like Winston, throws like Winston and runs more like Winston. That is not a bad thing.

Ahh! Gotcha!

While I generally appreciate your input Auburn4ever, you have said the exact same thing in like 5 threads. We get it. You want more QBs signed and you would love to get a 5*. PLEASE move on. I jump from thread to thread looking for real input not the same statement over and over. Thanks and War Eagle.

We can't wait until 2016 to sign QB's.

I trust that Gus is in control and KNOWS what he is doing and i'm not going to worry about something i have no control over. If GUS wants another quarterback he will go get another quarterback. Stop worrying over something you have no control over, and it does seem like you are worrying. WDE :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Jawon's brother, Khane just committed to Louisville.

@VilleRecruiting: New louisville football Safety commit Khane Pass had offers from Texas A&M and Clemson and other big time schools. He is a huge pick up!

Moments later, Jawon posted this...

@Puma_Blessed2: Just got offered by Louisville !

Jawon's brother, Khane just committed to Louisville.

@VilleRecruiting: New louisville football Safety commit Khane Pass had offers from Texas A&M and Clemson and other big time schools. He is a huge pick up!

Moments later, Jawon posted this...

@Puma_Blessed2: Just got offered by Louisville !

Interesting, I am certain Louisville will be a major competitor to getting Pass signed. Since Louisville is joining the ACC and have had their recent success as well as QB success they will be tough to beat. They are widely considered a team on the rise, and they have our favorite guy now as their Head Coach, Petrino who is known for his QB development.

Auburn has the chance to show Juwon where Louisville resides on the food chain. I will also take Gus and his QB development abilities over Petrino on any given Saturday. I am sure they will be in the hunt, but they will have a fight on their hands just to get a hat on the table.

Petrino always does well in the QB dept. He'll get his share of the big time prospects talent pool. Hopefully not this one though.

Interesting, I am certain Louisville will be a major competitor to getting Pass signed. Since Louisville is joining the ACC and have had their recent success as well as QB success they will be tough to beat. They are widely considered a team on the rise, and they have our favorite guy now as their Head Coach, Petrino who is known for his QB development.

Doubt it. 1. When has Petrino's pro style O ever used a Dual QB? and 2. Keith Niebuhr posted today Louisville won't be much of a factor for JP.

Auburn has the chance to show Juwon where Louisville resides on the food chain. I will also take Gus and his QB development abilities over Petrino on any given Saturday. I am sure they will be in the hunt, but they will have a fight on their hands just to get a hat on the table.

I love Gus and his QB development but let's be real. Petrino's college QB development takes a back seat to nobody. They are 2 of the top 5 in the nation in that department.

Doubt it. 1. When has Petrino's pro style O ever used a Dual QB? and 2. Keith Niebuhr posted today Louisville won't be much of a factor for JP.

That is good to hear E. Thanks

I love Gus and his QB development but let's be real. Petrino's college QB development takes a back seat to nobody. They are 2 of the top 5 in the nation in that department.

I suppose Ill give you this one. He did have Arkansas in contention in large part due to his QB.

Edit: I am sure there is a "back seat" joke here somewhere, but it is Friday and I am heading home! Maybe something with Intern Development.

Archived