2016 4* QB Jawon Pass (Louisville commit)

Austintxtiger

Free update per Keith Link

My bad ...

AU is NOT in the top 3.

But his is crazy. Updates on this kid every week -- and they change every time.

What you need to know is this: Auburn is a factor.

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My bad ...

AU is NOT in the top 3.

Would be good to pick up the pace here. I am seriously doubting we have much of a chance for Patterson. It would be hard to convince me otherwise.

My bad ...

AU is NOT in the top 3.

Would be good to pick up the pace here. I am seriously doubting we have much of a chance for Patterson. It would be hard to convince me otherwise.

With Patterson a lot depends on whether the No. 1 DT QB in 2016 sticks with Bengals. I don't see LSU landing two 5* QBs in one class even though they are different style signal callers. And I think they'll both be 5* when dust settles.

My bad ...

AU is NOT in the top 3.

With Patterson a lot depends on whether the No. 1 DT QB in 2016 sticks with Bengals. I don't see LSU landing two 5* QBs in one class even though they are different style signal callers. And I think they'll both be 5* when dust settles.

Excellent point. Al though it is rare UGA initially landed 2 very highly rated QBs in Murray and Metts a few years ago.

My bad ...

AU is NOT in the top 3.

Excellent point. Al though it is rare UGA initially landed 2 very highly rated QBs in Murray and Metts a few years ago.

And neither ever hoisted any hardware. :lmao:

• 2 months later...

Bump. Article on Pass on 247 saying he thinks he is a perfect fit for AU's offense.

Do we know our staffs 1, 2nd and 3rd choices for 2016 QB's. All in know is Shea Patterson and Pass and no order. 247 says Pass is a 5 star.

Bump. Article on Pass on 247 saying he thinks he is a perfect fit for AU's offense.

Do we know our staffs 1, 2nd and 3rd choices for 2016 QB's. All in know is Shea Patterson and Pass and no order. 247 says Pass is a 5 star.

No we don't know the order of the top 3. We just know if any one of the 2 you mentioned plus Brandon Mcllwain wanted to commit at last report AU would take it. And yes Pass is a 5* on the 247 only rankings but he's a 4* on the 247 composite rankings.

• 2 weeks later...

Get to watch him tonight playing Northside. Let y'all know how he does.

Thanks Clayton, anxious to hear.

He played a weak team in the region, but they stuck around for a little bit. He also wears #2 and he looked like a skinnier Cam Newton. He made a couple passes that were straight up incredible. Has a good touch on the ball. The four screens they called, he over threw three of them. His long ball is great, as is his medium, but his short pass is bad. Carver runs a pretty similar offense to Auburn so they ran a lot of read option plays. He did really well with that. Great pocket presence and only took 1 sack all game. I was impressed with his performance and I'd clearly love to have him since he's from my home town. Needless to say, he's my favorite QB in the class. I think Louisville is growing on him since his brother is going there. Auburn is the team to beat from everything I've heard though.

He played a weak team in the region, but they stuck around for a little bit. He also wears #2 and he looked like a skinnier Cam Newton. He made a couple passes that were straight up incredible. Has a good touch on the ball. The four screens they called, he over threw three of them. His long ball is great, as is his medium, but his short pass is bad. Carver runs a pretty similar offense to Auburn so they ran a lot of read option plays. He did really well with that. Great pocket presence and only took 1 sack all game. I was impressed with his performance and I'd clearly love to have him since he's from my home town. Needless to say, he's my favorite QB in the class. I think Louisville is growing on him since his brother is going there. Auburn is the team to beat from everything I've heard though.

Clayton, thanks for the post. I think lots of athletic DT QBs have a hard time throwing the short touch passes. They seem to overthrow. Right now my first choice for a 2016 QB is Patterson, he reminds me of a taller Sean White, and I like McIwain about the same as Pass. I would like AU to start getting several kids from the Columbus area again and Pass would be a good one.

Clayton, thanks for the post. I think lots of athletic DT QBs have a hard time throwing the short touch passes. They seem to overthrow. Right now my first choice for a 2016 QB is Patterson, he reminds me of a taller Sean White, and I like McIwain about the same as Pass. I would like AU to start getting several kids from the Columbus area again and Pass would be a good one.

Patterson and White are not that similar. While both are accurate Shea has a stronger arm. Also while Sean has great pocket presence he is not the runner Shea is. Shea runs a 4.5/40.

Patterson and White are not that similar. While both are accurate Shea has a stronger arm. Also while Sean has great pocket presence he is not the runner Shea is. Shea runs a 4.5/40.

Not trying to make a scene, but E can't you just let JFD say something without you having to correct him or degrade what he said?

No worries. I actually thought Sean White had a strong arm. He threw longer than anyone at the Elite 11 comp I thought. No way Sean runs a 4.5 40 though.

Not trying to make a scene, but E can't you just let JFD say something without you having to correct him or degrade what he said?

No worries. I actually thought Sean White had a strong arm. He threw longer than anyone at the Elite 11 comp I thought. No way Sean runs a 4.5 40 though.

Yes. Sean White won longest throw and the accuracy portion as well.

Not taking sides but strongest arm is not always about longest throw. Longest throw has to have a strong arm but it is also about the right angle to get the maximum distance. Strongest arm would really be by measuring the velocity of the pass.

Not taking sides but strongest arm is not always about longest throw. Longest throw has to have a strong arm but it is also about the right angle to get the maximum distance. Strongest arm would really be by measuring the velocity of the pass.

Sure, this makes sense. Thanks

Yes. Sean White won longest throw and the accuracy portion as well.

And FTR I never said nor implied Sean did not have a strong arm. That is a part of Sean that is underrated. I just said Shea's is stronger. On the elite 11 long pass competition Sean finished tied for 1st with Brandon Harris. If Brandon had a relaxed throw like Sean did instead of trying too hard BH would have won the long pass part. Sean won the entire QB competition because he killed everybody in the accuracy part.

spot on ANT!

Sean won the distance and accuracy contest at the Under Armour skills challenge over Brandon Harris, Kyle Allen and others. No tie with Harris in that particular competiton. FWIW

As i said before Sean and Brandon had the same distance on the long throw tied for 1st with 66 yard passes. Sean won the entire competition by killing everybody in the accuracy portion. I watched the entire thing and remember it very well. It's pointless to keep arguing about it.

Is the elite 11 qb competiton and under armour skills challenge two different events? are we talking about two different things? I remember Sean White winning both, accuracy and long throw at the Under Armour skills competition. I will be shocked if Sean did not win longest pass by himself, because I watched the whole thing.

Sean won the distance and accuracy contest at the Under Armour skills challenge over Brandon Harris, Kyle Allen and others. No tie with Harris in that particular competiton. FWIW

As i said before Sean and Brandon had the same distance on the long throw tied for 1st with 66 yard passes. Sean won the entire competition by killing everybody in the accuracy portion. I watched the entire thing and remember it very well. It's pointless to keep arguing about it.

Is the elite 11 qb competiton and under armour skills challenge two different events? are we talking about two different things? I remember Sean White winning both, accuracy and long throw at the Under Armour skills competition. I will be shocked if Sean did not win longest pass by himself, because I watched the whole thing.

Yes they are different but we are talking about the same thing, the distance throw in the UA skills competition. I think I am wrong. Sean threw it 66 yards for the win. I think Brandon threw it 64 yards but BH would have won if he was relaxed like SW instead of trying to throw it too hard and not getting his max distance

Yes they are different but we are talking about the same thing, the distance throw in the UA skills competition. I think I am wrong. Sean threw it 66 yards for the win. I think Brandon threw it 64 yards but BH would have won if he was relaxed like SW instead of trying to throw it too hard and not getting his max distance

ahh gotcha. Yeah by me searching for in depth information of the skills competition, which I couldn't find, I saw that Harris threw it 69 yards in a practice. He has an arm for sure.

Archived