2016 4* QB Jawon Pass (Louisville commit)

Austintxtiger

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we're able to sign Juwon, let him wear #2.

No

I've got to agree,

Check the roster no one is wearin 7 or 34 so no one should be wearing 2

I understand wanting to keep certain traditions, I really do. But recruiting has become so cut-throat that if it takes letting a kid wear a retired number, so be it! I think you can still honor the player with their name/number being displayed. Just don't call it retiring the number, call it "honoring" the player/number. I don't think any of the three would stand in protest. Much the opposite, especially if you let them in on it. They could share with the new guy what their responsibilities are in regards to wearing it maybe.?.? Thus keeping their influence close to the program. Something I believe is very inportant! Just a thought.

If we're able to sign Juwon, let him wear #2.

No

I've got to agree,

Check the roster no one is wearin 7 or 34 so no one should be wearing 2

I understand wanting to keep certain traditions, I really do. But recruiting has become so cut-throat that if it takes letting a kid wear a retired number, so be it! I think you can still honor the player with their name/number being displayed. Just don't call it retiring the number, call it "honoring" the player/number. I don't think any of the three would stand in protest. Much the opposite, especially if you let them in on it. They could share with the new guy what their responsibilities are in regards to wearing it maybe.?.? Thus keeping their influence close to the program. Something I believe is very inportant! Just a thought.

If he's too mentally fragile to not come to Auburn because he can't wear 2,7, or 34 then it's plausible he's too mentally fragile to handle the rigors of major college football, in my mind at least.

Im totally against giving an unproven HS kid the promise that he can wear a retired number. If he has to have those kind of assurances he needs to go where he can get them. I am unequivocally against giving them at Auburn! Doing that is a reflection of weakness and possibly gives the kid the idea he can dictate other things as well.

Anyway, we need to put the Gus Bus in this young man's front yard so it's the first and last thing he sees each day! And for the love of God, PLEASE, don't tell him he can wear #2 or #7!!!

I didn't think the # 2 was retired.

He could always go with #1 too, Cam's new number.

It's not, just don't want anyone's boxers in a wad.

If the numbers not retired then let the kid have it. Im pretty sure its in line to be retired because #7 and #34 are and about the only thing those 2 have in common is a Heisman Trophy. if I'm wrong about that and there are no plans to retire the number why is this even a topic? I thought the number was already retired and that would be the only reason I'd not be for telling an unproven HS kid he can have it.

No one is wearing Cam's #2 because it will be retired... Much like Coach Sullivan's #7 and Bo's #34. Beasley's #88 is retired also. Point is, nobody's wearing #2 at Auburn again.

No one is wearing Cam's #2 because it will be retired... Much like Coach Sullivan's #7 and Bo's #34. Beasley's #88 is retired also. Point is, nobody's wearing #2 at Auburn again.

And as it should be IYAM but I understand nobody's asking. if we give him a retired number do we also have to promise him the starting job before he even shows up on campus? Just curious

Random: If a number is retired by a guy who played one side of the ball, could a guy on opposite side not still be able to wear it?

Random: If a number is retired by a guy who played one side of the ball, could a guy on opposite side not still be able to wear it?

A retired number is just that, retired.

#2 will never be worn again, at Auburn, regarding football. If the number a kid wears is more important than the school he wears it for, well that sounds like a selfish player to me.

Did we retire Cam's #2? But if not #2, then how about #22. That was Gabe's old number.

AU has not "officially" retired #2... but it will happen.

Remember, Bo's #34 wasn't "officially" retired (ceremony and all) until like 1992. Either way, nobody wore it after he left. Much like #2...

Did we retire Cam's #2? But if not #2, then how about #22. That was Gabe's old number.

Remember, Bo's #34 wasn't "officially" retired (ceremony and all) until like 1992. Either way, nobody wore it after he left. Much like #2...

I thought Tommie Agee wore it his senior year after Bo left.

I thought Tommie Agee wore it his senior year after Bo left.

Agee wore #30.

I am SOOOO sorry for wading out into the "Retired #'s" pool... :no: .

So, just to set the record straight; It's okay to promise someone they will be the only/last player signed at their position. It is also okay to promise early PT or even that they can start. (I know we would never...) :drippingsarcasm7pa: But by God DO NOT let them wear certain #'s!! Am I missing something ? :headscratch:

So, just to set the record straight; It's okay to promise someone they will be the only/last player signed at their position. It is also okay to promise early PT or even that they can start. (I know we would never...) :drippingsarcasm7pa: But by God DO NOT let them wear certain #'s!! Am I missing something ? :headscratch:

So you honestly believe that Auburn coaches promise kids early PT? Im pretty sure they promise them the opportunity to earn PT but thats not nearly the same as promising them they're going to play. Are you advocating lying to a kid about allowing him to wear a certain number when they know its not going to happen? Dayum dude!

So you honestly believe that Auburn coaches promise kids early PT? Im pretty sure they promise them the opportunity to earn PT but thats not nearly the same as promising them they're going to play. Are you advocating lying to a kid about allowing him to wear a certain number when they know its not going to happen? Dayum dude!

No, who said lie? I was saying I don't care what number they wear! I don't want to lie to anyone. I do believe we have heard pretty convincing testimony that many things are alluded to, not actually promised these days. In years past I know certain things were done differently.

This young man will look very good in O & B. As long as he has no desire to wear certain numbers we should be in the running. I pray we are never in the situation we found ourselves in this year again! May we have a former 5* QB transfer out each year in order to get PT.

• 7 months later...

Archived