2016 4* QB Jawon Pass (Louisville commit)

Austintxtiger

Jawon has joint leaders of UNC and UAT. UL has brought the heat down a good bit. This visit tomorrow is a big deal. Thats what I know.

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UNC? Really? C'mon.

He's being sold that he's a program changing recruit. He thinks he could change UNC's football program into a powerhouse. Good sales pitch considering he can come in and make an immediate impact.

His brother is at Louisville, and Petrino will leverage that to the hilt. I don't see him there though. UNC, not so much either.

I would doubt that he is #1 right now for us. It just doesn't seem like it anyway.

His brother is at Louisville, and Petrino will leverage that to the hilt. I don't see him there though. UNC, not so much either.

I would doubt that he is #1 right now for us. It just doesn't seem like it anyway.

If Pass is not No. 1 who do you think it is. It's pretty obvious JP wants more love. He's been tossing out UL. UNC, UAT and others as at top of his list, to get our attention most likely. Kids don't want to be taken for granted.

Bama is starting to stack up at QB with (3) 4 stars on roster. If JJ does what what we expect him to do this year, Pass should be intrigued, considering their physical similarities. Plus a QB named Pass, come on man.

If Pass is not No. 1 who do you think it is. It's pretty obvious JP wants more love. He's been tossing out UL. UNC, UAT and others as at top of his list, to get our attention most likely. Kids don't want to be taken for granted.

#1 on our board right now is probably tied with Barrett and Jawon. AU is a big factor with Jawon fwiw.

Bama is starting to stack up at QB with (3) 4 stars on roster. If JJ does what what we expect him to do this year, Pass should be intrigued, considering their physical similarities. Plus a QB named Pass, come on man.

Bamas last QB was a 5 star. They are in very good shape at QB long term.

Bamas last QB was a 5 star. They are in very good shape at QB long term.

Really, your agreeing with me but correcting me in the same sentence. Im joking, but your somewhat right. Whats his name from this year is probably a consensus 5 star, I was just using rivals as a source. All 4 stars.

#1 on our board right now is probably tied with Barrett and Jawon. AU is a big factor with Jawon fwiw.

No QB on our 2016 board looks better than Pass at this point. Typically the pro style HS QBs look better esp. throwing the ball at this point in their growth. The others on our board need a ton of coaching before before I think they can play. JMO but we are not competitive for the top guys right now. Both UGA and Ole Miss kicked our butts this year on QB recruiting. I'm still very disappointed in Ole Miss picking up a future star QB. I personally think we are not going to get anyone better than Pass......if we can get him. That said, I think Pass has the potential to be really good.

No QB on our 2016 board looks better than Pass at this point.

He's the best prospect from the kids we have an actual shot at, but to be honest I get an uneasy feeling about anyone coming out of that school (Carver Columbus). The attrition rate of top prospects from that school is atrocious, with most of them being kicked off the team, and they produce a lot of talent so its not like the sample size is small. Georgia barely recruits that school for a reason.

Yes. The list of flame-outs from that school is long. Isaiah Crowell being probably the biggest name. We're one for two with Gabe Wright 'succeeding' and DeRon Furr lasting only a few practices. Furr's teammate from the same class (Jarmon Forston) was committed to us for a long time as well but ended up signing with FSU; he was booted after multiple failed drug tests. Deion Bonner was kicked from Tennessee for stealing (he was also caught stealing on a recruiting trip to Georgia). Jasper Sanks from a while back was kicked from Georgia. Corey Crawford worked out for Clemson but did face suspension his Senior season. Jarvis Jones is the best case of a kid actually working out from that school; he was of course a star player for Georgia.

Had a friend that saw both Pass and Rhett Lashlee in the on-campus Chick-Fil-A yesterday and talked to both. She said that Pass was very well spoken and very very nice. But that is confirmation that he arrived for his visit and seemed to have a good time.

Yes. The list of flame-outs from that school is long. Isaiah Crowell being probably the biggest name. We're one for two with Gabe Wright 'succeeding' and DeRon Furr lasting only a few practices. Furr's teammate from the same class (Jarmon Forston) was committed to us for a long time as well but ended up signing with FSU; he was booted after multiple failed drug tests. Deion Bonner was kicked from Tennessee for stealing (he was also caught stealing on a recruiting trip to Georgia). Jasper Sanks from a while back was kicked from Georgia. Corey Crawford worked out for Clemson but did face suspension his Senior season. Jarvis Jones is the best case of a kid actually working out from that school; he was of course a star player for Georgia.

Nice post...lots of football history at this place, mostly not that good. Jarvis Jones was really good though.

Anybody have insight on why our QB recruiting was relatively poor this season? The depth chart? I dont think Queen really would scare off any of the top guys. It seems like HS dual threat QBs would be knocking down Gus' door trying to be his QB. Was the way Gus had to call the offense with NM as QB was off putting to some guys? I have no idea just speculating so anybody with some insight would be appreciated.

meta has hit on why I doubted Pass was our absolute #1 guy. Mekkhi Brown is another kid at Bama now, and as a 5* the jury is still out on him succeeding...

Jarvis Jones left SoCal for injury reasons IIRC. They weren't going to let him play. UGA did. Feel free to correct me if im wrong.

Archived