Bama S Clinton-Dix Reinstated by NCAA

RunInRed

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anything other than turd sites?

That's usually where all the good rumors start...... :-\ 99.9% are not factual but it always adds to the comedy relief to see what their delusional fanbase are discussing.

That's usually where all the good rumors start...... :-\ 99.9% are not factual but it always adds to the comedy relief to see what their delusional fanbase are discussing.

:)

I love it, we always think they are cheating like crazy and they think somebody is out to get them, and lots of people are really out to get them. ... :big:

over/under on a half game?? :lol:

I'll take the under!

I'll take whenever the LSU game is. He'll be back then! How "shocking" he wasn't suspended before the Ole Miss game. SMH!

Bama has a history of clearing up these charges pretty fast....but this time the compliance office seems pretty quiet...and while NS does not usually talk about suspensions, his recent tendency to jump on the sport hacks for asking questions he does not like is just going to raise more questions.

Something is cooking...but JMO, the NCAA will not have much to say for a while.....too many other irons in the fire with PSU, Miami, UNC-CH, and some others.....Bama will just have to wait their turn.

Unfortunately, I think you are right. But watch for pro-active efforts from the Updykes (such as this suspension) as CYA in order to reduce penalities when they do occur.

I believe you are right. With the pending investigation, this is merely posturing from Bama's point of view. They don't play a meaningful game for a month.

I'm going to hold out hope that you guys are right. I am on the board of directors for two different institutions with three REC members. One of those members I call "Uncle" even though he is not and one of the other two is a judge. They all seem pretty smug about this and aren't showing signs of worry. I just hope the tides gf Karma is finally coming home.

Bama has a history of clearing up these charges pretty fast....but this time the compliance office seems pretty quiet...and while NS does not usually talk about suspensions, his recent tendency to jump on the sport hacks for asking questions he does not like is just going to raise more questions.

Something is cooking...but JMO, the NCAA will not have much to say for a while.....too many other irons in the fire with PSU, Miami, UNC-CH, and some others.....Bama will just have to wait their turn.

Unfortunately, I think you are right. But watch for pro-active efforts from the Updykes (such as this suspension) as CYA in order to reduce penalities when they do occur.

I believe you are right. With the pending investigation, this is merely posturing from Bama's point of view. They don't play a meaningful game for a month.

I'm going to hold out hope that you guys are right. I am on the board of directors for two different institutions with three REC members. One of those members I call "Uncle" even though he is not and one of the other two is a judge. They all seem pretty smug about this and aren't showing signs of worry. I just hope the tides gf Karma is finally coming home.

Tired of getting my hopes up. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it was something from before the season, but $aban waited until their gravy October to enforce the suspension. Still hoping for the worst though :)

It will be over before they play a team with a winning record.

UATERS CHEAT.......no news here.......

All this talk of bama at its worse and once again no sign of bg03, I wonder why?? Lmfao! And loving it!!!

That Turd Burgler never sets foot in these threads, does he?

Thus, the reason I enjoy slappin' him around..............

Heard HAHA was caught at Denny's with DJ Flukers agent, wearing one of those Ttown menswear suits, signing kick back autographs, high on S.W.A.T. unicorn spray! The only odd thing going on about the whole situation was Steve Miller Bands "Take the money and run" was playing over the restaurants PA system............... No big deal he will back before Bama plays anybody with a winning record I'm sure!

Not sure what you mean by "over"....the Bama compliance investigation perhaps but the NCAA thing will not be over anytime soon IMO.

NCAA is up to their ears with other issues including MSU and UTk just as a result of Robinson's piece. I don't see that any of these will be sorted out before the end of the season. Everyone on this board is focused on Bama....but other schools are also involved in the same or similar incidents according to Robinson at Yahoo. Now according to rumors there could be more.....so it's going to take some time. JMO, how long it takes is not important....just that the investigation will go forward...and who knows what will happen....but to give Bama a pass, the NCAA also has to give MSU and UTk a pass. I just don't see that happening.

Not sure what you mean by "over"....the Bama compliance investigation perhaps but the NCAA thing will not be over anytime soon IMO.

NCAA is up to their ears with other issues including MSU and UTk just as a result of Robinson's piece. I don't see that any of these will be sorted out before the end of the season. Everyone on this board is focused on Bama....but other schools are also involved in the same or similar incidents according to Robinson at Yahoo. Now according to rumors there could be more.....so it's going to take some time. JMO, how long it takes is not important....just that the investigation will go forward...and who knows what will happen....but to give Bama a pass, the NCAA also has to give MSU and UTk a pass. I just don't see that happening.

Bama, and the SEC, make too much money for the NCAA to take any real action. At least that has been their MO since Emmert arrived there. Emmert was the President of LSU when they hired Saban. They went thru 2-3 academoic fraud investigations together. Emmert is more interested in making money than hurting college football.

I remember Ed Stinson's name being thrown around in the Robinson article. I believe it said his name was on an itinerary for a flight and a meeting, but he didn't attend. I wonder if he had any more impermissible contact and whether it may be documented.

Bama, and the SEC, make too much money for the NCAA to take any real action. At least that has been their MO since Emmert arrived there. Emmert was the President of LSU when they hired Saban. They went thru 2-3 academoic fraud investigations together. Emmert is more interested in making money than hurting college football.

The SEC's contract is set. They make the same amount of money whether Bama's in the hunt or not, on probation or not.

Excellent post!! For those who want to see something soon, you'll just have to be patient. Nothing concrete in the way of penalties will be seen for probably a year. However, for those who predict short suspension, over in a half to the Arky game; if that is all they get, their compliance people and Saban are making a huge mistake.

The SEC's contract is set. They make the same amount of money whether Bama's in the hunt or not, on probation or not.

Correct. Also, Emmert may not be around much longer.

Excellent post!! For those who want to see something soon, you'll just have to be patient. Nothing concrete in the way of penalties will be seen for probably a year. However, for those who predict short suspension, over in a half to the Arky game; if that is all they get, their compliance people and Saban are making a huge mistake.

Are you still hearing there may be more suspensions coming?

Correct. Also, Emmert may not be around much longer.

What level of seriousness is this pops, if you can answer it? (10 being the worst)

Plus with as many SEC Teams mentioned/implicated one would feel certain (IMHO) other conference's are not likely to back away, forget, and allow very much leniency... there's just too much SEC hate out there.

Rumors all over the place right now..... some bama friends are saying that Dix failed a drug test and other are don't want to talk about it.

Will have to wait and see what happens.

Bammers I work with (obsessive fans, no real connections inside the bammer AD) are saying all the chatter on their message boards is HaHa was/is dealing with agents. They have also heard that Cooper and a few others will be caught up in all of this, too. They are very quiet today, which leads me to believe that they suspect the worst.

I'm not going to hold my breath, but I get the feeling that the hammer is dropping on bammer sometime soon. May not be for a year or so, but I think they will end giving a couple of NC's back (but still claim them, of course). Saban has been running a farm team for the NFL for several years, so it only makes sense that the NFL agents are all over these kids from day 1. Saban says "we educate our kids about agents more than any other school", and Emmert says "Thanks, Nick. Nothing to investigate here". Well, looks like there is something to investigate after all.

And since there are so many theories about Saban going to Texas, I thought I would throw another one out there. Emmert becomes UT's AD, and hires Saban as HC????

Archived