Bama S Clinton-Dix Reinstated by NCAA

RunInRed

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More to come. At least two other starters may be next, with as many as 10 involved. Sorry, I am not at liberty to give names. Agent violation related.

So, is it a major major deal, or a major deal or a minor deal?

More to come. At least two other starters may be next, with as many as 10 involved. Sorry, I am not at liberty to give names. Agent violation related.

So, is it a major major deal, or a major deal or a minor deal?

or majorly minor?

TOS is going ballistic, according to my husband. I prefer not to get all hyped up over this kind of stuff until it is something official. This site is much more cautious, I would say. We can only hope it is true!

Anybody else hearing anything about Amari Cooper as well?

Only thing I heard was on the bammer boards, so no idea, sorry.

TOS is going ballistic, according to my husband. I prefer not to get all hyped up over this kind of stuff until it is something official. This site is much more cautious, I would say. We can only hope it is true!

Sorry for my ignorance, but TOS is what?

Saw on Twitter that 3 have been suspended: Cooper, Clinton-Dix, and someone else that I can't remember (maybe Luther?).

Saw on Twitter that 3 have been suspended: Cooper, Clinton-Dix, and someone else that I can't remember (maybe Luther?).

Twitter from whom? Link?

Bama has a history of clearing up these charges pretty fast....but this time the compliance office seems pretty quiet...and while NS does not usually talk about suspensions, his recent tendency to jump on the sport hacks for asking questions he does not like is just going to raise more questions.

Something is cooking...but JMO, the NCAA will not have much to say for a while.....too many other irons in the fire with PSU, Miami, UNC-CH, and some others.....Bama will just have to wait their turn.

Unfortunately, I think you are right. But watch for pro-active efforts from the Updykes (such as this suspension) as CYA in order to reduce penalities when they do occur.

Just posting what I see:

Ha’Sean ‘Ha Ha’ Clinton-Dix was suspended indefinitely by Alabama head coach Nick Saban earlier today for an unspecified violation of team rules. Rumors quickly began to swirl regarding what led to the Junior safety’s suspension, with the early reports hinting that Clinton-Dix was suspended for contact with a professional agent.

Depending on the seriousness of the contact Clinton-Dix supposedly had with the agent, he would either be suspended for five games or lose the remainder of his eligibility. However, everything we’ve heard from sources in and close to the Alabama football program has indicated that the suspension is NOT agent-related or drug-related.

At this point, we’d expect the player to miss at least three games, but since sources have declined to divulge exactly what led to the suspension (we’ve only been told what didn’t), we can’t provide a more exact estimate. Stay tuned – we’ll provide updates when available.

Just putting the news with what Pops alluded to....I think a big ole' cheatin' scandal will hit the press in a couple of days..who knows mabey a Robinson follow up,Bammer got wind of the story,and wanted to "appear" proactive..

Is this just a SWAG on your part?

If "SWAG" means an educated guess,then yes :laugh:

Sophicated Wild As# Guess

All this talk of bama at its worse and once again no sign of bg03, I wonder why?? Lmfao! And loving it!!!

That Turd Burgler never sets foot in these threads, does he?

Bama has a history of clearing up these charges pretty fast....but this time the compliance office seems pretty quiet...and while NS does not usually talk about suspensions, his recent tendency to jump on the sport hacks for asking questions he does not like is just going to raise more questions.

Something is cooking...but JMO, the NCAA will not have much to say for a while.....too many other irons in the fire with PSU, Miami, UNC-CH, and some others.....Bama will just have to wait their turn.

Unfortunately, I think you are right. But watch for pro-active efforts from the Updykes (such as this suspension) as CYA in order to reduce penalities when they do occur.

I believe you are right. With the pending investigation, this is merely posturing from Bama's point of view. They don't play a meaningful game for a month.

I would bet that he will be reinstated before the Arkansas game

I agree. Saban wants people to think he's taking a hard stance on rules violations but he'll suspend him for only KY and GA state.

Anybody else hearing anything about Amari Cooper as well?

On one of the turd websites, they're saying Hubbard and Amari may be involved also with a suspension forthcoming.

Archived