Bama S Clinton-Dix Reinstated by NCAA

RunInRed

Just shows how pathetic the NCAA really has become. They'll punish some teams for certian things but things like this and the DJ Fluker stuff will be overlooked and nothing done about it. Ohio State players sold some stuff to a tattoo parlor and they had to vacate their whole 2010 season. I can understand Jim Tressle losing his job because he didn't report it and tried to cover it up but I don't understand why Ohio State had to vacate their whole season because of a couple of players.

At the least Alabama should vacate their win over Ole Miss since Clinton-Dix played before the the Alabama compliance department did anything.

They would have to forfeit all wins this season.

from the article............

Harris made a short-term loan to Clinton-Dix in an amount less than $500 at some point in the summer, an apparently violation of NCAA Bylaw 16.11.2.2, which states that “an institutional employee or representative of the institution's athletics interests may not provide a student-athlete with extra benefits or services, including, but not limited to ... a loan of money.”

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At the least Alabama should vacate their win over Ole Miss since Clinton-Dix played before the the Alabama compliance department did anything.

Are you suggesting we sat on it? If so, based on what?

Ohio State players sold some stuff to a tattoo parlor and they had to vacate their whole 2010 season. I can understand Jim Tressle losing his job because he didn't report it and tried to cover it up but I don't understand why Ohio State had to vacate their whole season because of a couple of players.

Ohio St got hammered because they tried to hide it, multiple times.

Grad03...this is another layer in a pile of stories. Just because the local media didn't cover the yahoo story, doesn't mean the documentation isn't there. There are numerous issues going on in Tuscaloosa, this is just the latest one to leak. The more it piles up the more it points to the big story, which is LACK OF INSTITUTIONAL CONTROL. That is what you need to be worried about.

You think that a player seeking some money from a guy he used to play football with, in a situation that is entirely unpreventable by the university, is LOIC? Really?

If Sammy Coates went out right now and took a few hundred dollars from an agent, you'd think that was: a) preventable and 2) worthy of an NCAA hammer? You don't honestly think that.

D you really NOT think things through before you speak/write? EVERY STUDENT-ATHLETE knows not to deal with agents. a STUDENT-ATHLETE is part of the university, therefor their actions is a reflection of the program. IF A STUDENT ATHLETE DOES SOMETHING THAT IS A CLEAR VIOLATION, THEN YES, THE SCHOOL AND THE PLAYER DESERVE PUNISHMENT. YOU AND OTHER BAMMERS ARE IN COMPLETE DENIAL NOW BECAUSE YOU KNOW THIS IS NOT GOOD. REMEMBER, WHEN THERE IS SMOKE........

How about this jewel.

In looking into the matter, the UA compliance office also discovered that Harris had a connection to a representative of a sports agent. UA's internal investigation has found no indication that Clinton-Dix has had contact with any agent or agent representative. Efforts to reach Harris were unsuccessful.

This is one of their S&C coaches. Nice!

Is anyone SO STUPID as to not wonder why this is coming out NOW? Come on bg. The stench in west vance is piling up every single day. Don't worry. Just like the shula days, you still have women's gymnastics! :bananadance: This is SO much fun!

I mean it's so convenient to finally do something the week of the Georgia State game. You're going to honestly have me believe they didn't know before the Ole Miss game or at least been informed of possible violations.

It's nice to come clean and do something after playing a team with a pulse.

I'm not saying they knew back in August or anything like that. I just don't think it's a stretch to think they knew at least a week or so earlier before they decided to do anything.

why is this BG clown allowed on this board?....does he have pictures of a naked moderator with a couple of sheep?

It's a free country and I assume he has not violated any house rules. But I think this is one topic, he should keep quiet on. There is nothing he can say that will make Bama look "good". His comments make him seem like a homer.

why is this BG clown allowed on this board?....does he have pictures of a naked moderator with a couple of sheep?

It's a free country and I assume he has not violated any house rules. But I think this is one topic, he should keep quiet on. There is nothing he can say that will make Bama look "good". His comments make him seem like a homer.

....or and idiot.........

I think so .......... Its ridiculous!

Here's a question. Is a Asst coach considered a part of the university? Doesn't he represent the university? Can it be said that indeed THE UNIVERSITY knew about this all along?

Here's a question. Is a Asst coach considered a part of the university? Doesn't he represent the university? Can it be said that indeed THE UNIVERSITY knew about this all along?

He is in fact a part of the University. He is also a part of the football staff. He was the one providing illegal benefits, the amount is of no consequence. This is not good for them. What I wonder is....how many players has this coach "loaned" money to?

Not sure, but I think "YES" is the answer to all your questions. But I have no inside information.

Grad03...this is another layer in a pile of stories. Just because the local media didn't cover the yahoo story, doesn't mean the documentation isn't there. There are numerous issues going on in Tuscaloosa, this is just the latest one to leak. The more it piles up the more it points to the big story, which is LACK OF INSTITUTIONAL CONTROL. That is what you need to be worried about.

You think that a player seeking some money from a guy he used to play football with, in a situation that is entirely unpreventable by the university, is LOIC? Really?

If Sammy Coates went out right now and took a few hundred dollars from an agent, you'd think that was: a) preventable and 2) worthy of an NCAA hammer? You don't honestly think that.

If there is documented evidence of previous players receiving benefits (paying back does not mean you did not receive it in the first place) from several instances covering multiple years...then yes LOIC.

I'm betting it is not the only player nor the first time. I mean how did HA HA know to go to this guy when he needed cash? Did he just wake up and think he would go see the asst strength coach? There is no gray area here. The strength coach knows this is a violation and against the rules and in normal situations would cost him his job. So the real question here, is why would this coach do something that would probably cost him his job?

Same reason players do crap that could cost them their scholarship and potential NFL future..... People are stupid, people want to take short-cuts, agents are like pirana in blood infested waters. Kids do stupid things, adults do stupid things.

I know this asst strength coach, he's from Montgomery and always appeared to be a good guy that was ambitious and seemed to have a level head on his shoulders, a fine black man that wanted to make something of himself. But, he obviously allowed the rouge agents to get to him and he has probably screwed up his entire career in the coaching profession. No program will touch with a ten foot pole now. And, that's the real shame here, the agent will continue preying on athletes while the athlete and the asst coach jeopardized their careers and may lose them altogether.

So you guys are telling me I'm the idiot. Yet the guy with actual compliance experience agrees with me:

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2013/10/ncaa_compliance_expert_says_cl.html

Must be a bammer.

And I'm still waiting for you all to tell me that you'd agree the NCAA dropping the hammer on Auburn for player for taking a couple hundred bucks under the table would be justified.

So you guys are telling me I'm the idiot. Yet the guy with actual compliance experience agrees with me:

http://www.al.com/al...rt_says_cl.html

Must be a bammer.

And I'm still waiting for you all to tell me that you'd agree the NCAA dropping the hammer on Auburn for player for taking a couple hundred bucks under the table would be justified.

If that was the only thing, it may not be a big deal. If you pile it on to all of the other stuff that has come out in the last month or so...........it all adds up.

You actually think a coach giving a player money is no big deal? (the amount has no bearing on it)

Must be a bammer.

We don't have to say that it's already happened to Auburn.

rammer jammer go back on probation alabammer!

Must be a bammer.

Yes. You are PROVING yourself to be an IDIOT. (And I must admit it makes me laugh out loud to see you do the little munchkin shuffle!) It was not an ice cube that sank the Titanic. The hits just keep on coming about uat cheatin' every day. Wake up or shut up. :nopityA:

Must be a bammer.

You may as well waste your keystrokes on your own board. Don't act like this is a blip on the radar. Sounds like Saban had an asst strength coach in cahoots with an agent and he was funneling money to at least one active player on your roster.

Must be a bammer.

Never said that, just said you should remain quiet on the issue. Your opinion is not unbiased.

You actually think a coach giving a player money is no big deal? (the amount has no bearing on it)

The amount has some bearing on it, and you know it. What if he gave him 50c to buy a coke? What if he gave him 30 grand to buy a car?

I think a coach giving a player money is a problem. And I think both the player and the coach should be suspended. I'd suspend HaHa for half the season, including the LSU game. But we're talking about $250. And we're talking about a loan that was paid back.

And we're talking about something that was reported by us.

None of the other stuff that's come out recently is preventable IMO. Players get $100 handshakes everywhere, all the time, it's unavoidable. And when it comes out in relation to Auburn, I'll say the same thing.

Must be a bammer.

Again.bgidiot......What part of SHALL NOT is not clear? uaters-priceless!

Must be a bammer.

Never said that, just said you should remain quiet on the issue. Your opinion is not unbiased.

Neither is yours. I'm not saying anything hateful or inflammatory. But also, if I don't say anything, I get killed for not showing up. Lose lose for me.

You may as well waste your keystrokes on your own board. Don't act like this is a blip on the radar. Sounds like Saban had an asst strength coach in cahoots with an agent and he was funneling money to at least one active player on your roster.

Agents don't "funnel" $250 loans that are paid back in 2 weeks.

Archived