Bama S Clinton-Dix Reinstated by NCAA

RunInRed

Wonder where the money came from to pay the loan back? Sell some rims?

Per diem checks? Student loan money come in? Grant money? All that is paid at the beginning of the semester, not during the summer.

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bama's rap sheet since landing themselves on probation during the Nick Saban era:

••Textbooks (some Shula, some Saban)... Proof of wrongdoing, vacations of wins, NCAA probation

••T-Town Menswear suits... Proof of wrongdoing, photos, cease letters, ect

••Fishing Trips... Proof of wrongdoing, repayments

••T-Town Menswear autographs... Proof of wrongdoing, photos, memorabilia, cease letters, ect

••Marcell Dareus (agents)... Proof of wrongdoing, suspensions, repayments

••Laptops... Proof of wrongdoing, suspensions

••Hotwheelz Mobile, AL... Proof of wrongdoing, photos

••Andre Smith (agents)... Proof of wrongdoing, suspensions

••Luther/Fluker situation... Proof of wrongdoing, in-depth paper trail, punishment pending

••Clinton-Dix situation... Proof of wrongdoing, suspensions, coach/agent runner on administrative leave, punishment pending.

And these examples are just what the media knows about... Not bad for 3 National Championships.

You actually think a coach giving a player money is no big deal? (the amount has no bearing on it)

The amount has some bearing on it, and you know it. What if he gave him 50c to buy a coke? What if he gave him 30 grand to buy a car?

I think a coach giving a player money is a problem. And I think both the player and the coach should be suspended. I'd suspend HaHa for half the season, including the LSU game. But we're talking about $250. And we're talking about a loan that was paid back.

And we're talking about something that was reported by us.

None of the other stuff that's come out recently is preventable IMO. Players get $100 handshakes everywhere, all the time, it's unavoidable. And when it comes out in relation to Auburn, I'll say the same thing.

And this says it is against NCAA rules for a coach to "loan" a player money.....

Harris made a short-term loan to Clinton-Dix in an amount less than $500 at some point in the summer, an apparently violation of NCAA Bylaw 16.11.2.2, which states that “an institutional employee or representative of the institution's athletics interests may not provide a student-athlete with extra benefits or services, including, but not limited to ... a loan of money.”

So by that bylaw, Ha Ha was ineligible for every game so far this year, since that was a loan during the summer.

Per diem checks? Student loan money come in? Grant money? All that is paid at the beginning of the semester, not during the summer.

Since we don't know I guess it also could also have been a "gift" from the suit man or an array of other boosters. We just don't know. We do know, he got money from an assistant coach that is employed by the University.

A loan? Mmmmm ok...so that is what they call giving money in W Vance. I gotta give props to the PR/compliance dept at Updyke U they got ahead of this, found a fall guy, called it a loan, claim it was paid back (would like to see proof of how) suspend him for a few worthless games, get told you are bad by NCAA, and back to business with a new bagman dishing out cash, oops I mean loans.

It will be interesting to hear the name of the agents that the S&C coach is connected with and if it's the same ones mentioned in the Robinson story.

A mod on a bammer board said he was told by a player that HaHa will be out for 2-3 games. It was on the internet so it must be true. :dunno:

Since we don't know I guess it also could also have been a "gift" from the suit man or an array of other boosters. We just don't know. We do know, he got money from an assistant coach that is employed by the University.

Well hell, why don't you just assume Nick Saban wrote him a $250,000, wait, no a million dollar check. And he paid the 250 bucks back out of that.

If you're going to project a bunch of unsubstantiated crap on top of it, then there's really no point in discussing it.

Everyone who's ever went to college knows that you're broke until the week before school starts when your student loan money comes in.

You actually think a coach giving a player money is no big deal? (the amount has no bearing on it)

The amount has some bearing on it, and you know it. What if he gave him 50c to buy a coke? What if he gave him 30 grand to buy a car?

I think a coach giving a player money is a problem. And I think both the player and the coach should be suspended. I'd suspend HaHa for half the season, including the LSU game. But we're talking about $250. And we're talking about a loan that was paid back.

And we're talking about something that was reported by us.

None of the other stuff that's come out recently is preventable IMO. Players get $100 handshakes everywhere, all the time, it's unavoidable. And when it comes out in relation to Auburn, I'll say the same thing.

I'm trying to think back to the LSU coach that got caught paying for a LSU players housing & extra's. The coach was fired, the player lost his scholarship and the NCAA penalized LSU two scholarships for one year + 1 yr probation, I think. A member of the coaching staff giving a player a loan, no matter the amount for whatever duration of time is a NO NO. I'd have to say this is out of Saban's hands and the uat compliance folks in control now.

A loan? Mmmmm ok...so that is what they call giving money in W Vance. I gotta give props to the PR/compliance dept at Updyke U they got ahead of this, found a fall guy, called it a loan, claim it was paid back (would like to see proof of how) suspend him for a few worthless games, get told you are bad by NCAA, and back to business with a new bagman dishing out cash, oops I mean loans.

Makes sense. I'm sure we're in the business of risking a multi million dollar empire over doling out $250 checks to a player...

I'm trying to think back to the LSU coach that got caught paying for a LSU players housing & extra's. The coach was fired, the player lost his scholarship and the NCAA penalized LSU two scholarships for one year + 1 yr probation, I think. A member of the coaching staff giving a player a loan, no matter the amount for whatever duration of time is a NO NO. I'd have to say this is out of Saban's hands and the uat compliance folks in control now.

Oh I completely agree that it's a no no. Like I said, HaHa should have to sit for 6 games. No question. (He won't, but he should).

Well hell, why don't you just assume Nick Saban wrote him a $250,000, wait, no a million dollar check. And he paid the 250 bucks back out of that.

If you're going to project a bunch of unsubstantiated crap on top of it, then there's really no point in discussing it.

Everyone who's ever went to college knows that you're broke until the week before school starts when your student loan money comes in.

My crap is just as substantiated as the crap you listed.

Oh and then there's at least this from from someone at ESPN.....at least we know they've seen it. LOL

robert smith ‏@ESPNRobertSmith 17m

This loan to Alabama db ha-ha Clinton-Dix took place over the summer, does this mean they played ineligible player and will have wins taken?

So you guys are telling me I'm the idiot. Yet the guy with actual compliance experience agrees with me:

http://www.al.com/al...rt_says_cl.html

Must be a bammer.

And I'm still waiting for you all to tell me that you'd agree the NCAA dropping the hammer on Auburn for player for taking a couple hundred bucks under the table would be justified.

Never said that, just said you should remain quiet on the issue. Your opinion is not unbiased.

Neither is yours. I'm not saying anything hateful or inflammatory. But also, if I don't say anything, I get killed for not showing up. Lose lose for me.

You may as well waste your keystrokes on your own board. Don't act like this is a blip on the radar. Sounds like Saban had an asst strength coach in cahoots with an agent and he was funneling money to at least one active player on your roster.

Agents don't "funnel" $250 loans that are paid back in 2 weeks.

Who cares what others think, in this situation? I'm just saying to spare yourself, silence is the best option.

In your opinion how did he know to go to this coach? And do you honestly believe this coach would betray Sabans trust? Specifically when Saban himself has said "we constantly talk about the rules, abiding by them and doing the right thing all the time." We talk about it constantly and expect our players and staff to follow accordingly." A control freak like Saban has to know...

So you guys are telling me I'm the idiot. Yet the guy with actual compliance experience agrees with me:

http://www.al.com/al...rt_says_cl.html

Must be a bammer.

And I'm still waiting for you all to tell me that you'd agree the NCAA dropping the hammer on Auburn for player for taking a couple hundred bucks under the table would be justified.

I don't think Alabama should get the hammer but vacating the Ole Miss game would be justified. They didn't know 7 days ago on Wednesday before the Ole Miss game, but they got all the "facts" and decided to do something this Wednesday before the Georgia State game? The Alabama compliance department works faster than some hurry-up-no-huddle offenses.

In your opinion how did he know to go to this coach? And do you honestly believe this coach would betray Sabans trust? Specifically when Saban himself has said "we constantly talk about the rules, abiding by them and doing the right thing all the time." We talk about it constantly and expect our players and staff to follow accordingly." A control freak like Saban has to know...

You don't think a player could keep from his head coach the fact that he got a couple hundred bucks under the table? Really?

You asked how he paid it back. I told how how every single player on that team got loan and grant checks at that time. That's a fact. You're unwilling to accept any answer that doesn't include some crazy intricate crime ring of money laundering, a network of coaches, and it going all the way to the top. That's ridiculous.

Oh and then there's at least this from from someone at ESPN.....at least we know they've seen it. LOL

robert smith ‏@ESPNRobertSmith 17m

This loan to Alabama db ha-ha Clinton-Dix took place over the summer, does this mean they played ineligible player and will have wins taken?

This is interesting because UAT can't claim they didn't know, since a member of the official coaching staff was involved it. So yes, a member of the coaching staff was fully aware that an ineligible player was participating in every game they played this year. Sounds to me they are 0 and 4.

This is interesting because UAT can't claim they didn't know, since a member of the official coaching staff was involved it. So yes, a member of the coaching staff was fully aware that an ineligible player was participating in every game they played this year. Sounds to me they are 0 and 4.

Yeah, that sounds a lot easier than actually beating us on the field...

I find it amusing that anyone would try to have a normal discussion with a Bama Fan about something that concerns morals. They are just like a President we had one time " what is the definition of IT"

"This is interesting because UAT can't claim they didn't know, since a member of the official coaching staff was involved it. So yes, a member of the coaching staff was fully aware that an ineligible player was participating in every game they played this year. Sounds to me they are 0 and 4."

This is true.....

Your guys did it to yourselves, we had nothing to do with it. Fun, huh? The man played in those games, if the "loan" was in the summer, that is no one else's fault but your preferred clown college's. Enjoy it. I am.

But according to your logic as long as an amount is repaid, it is not as big an offense. But if that's the case, why not write a $250,000 check that can be repaid after you get drafted? The offense is still the same, a football coach paid money to a player. I doubt missing a few non-marquee games makes a difference now.

Ok BG, I will play this game with you. Clinton-Dix just got a loan for $250, no big deal. Here lies in the problem for you: THE ASSISTANT COACH OF YOUR TEAM PAID HIM, AND HE WAS STILL PLAYING THE PAST 4 GAMES. Explain to me how that is "nothing to see here".....

Yeah, that sounds a lot easier than actually beating us on the field...

Stupid comment BG ...regardless a coach knowingly knew the rules, violated them, and allowed the player to participate in team activities including games. Yes it's easier than beating them on the field but factual nonetheless....grow a pair and admit that statement is true and it's not as this situation is not as minor as you keep claiming it to be. they played an ineligible player, an active member of the coaching staff knew about it not some smug booster that passed out a $250 handshake...

Archived