BSPN Gameday Preview(Rece Davis & Mark Schlabach)

tigerwings

A quantum leap from 2012? More like a dimensional hyperjump

Well since dimensional hyperjumping can only happen at the quantum level isn't that a quantum leap or am I splitting hairs :bananadance:

Well since dimensional hyperjumping can only happen at the quantum level isn't that a quantum leap or am I splitting hairs :bananadance:

Hey! Take that kind of talk to the rocket science forum. There's no room for that kind of discussion on the football board.

Hey! Take that kind of talk to the rocket science forum. There's no room for that kind of discussion on the football board.

I didn't start the fire :wedance:

Well since dimensional hyperjumping can only happen at the quantum level isn't that a quantum leap or am I splitting hairs :bananadance:/>

I didn't start the fire :wedance:/>

sorry WE!!!!!!!!!!! you will notice he says Alabama

I agree its a relatively fair assessment but, personally, I doubt their assessment would be any different if Auburn's 2010 team was playing the game. Those 2 guys have struggled over the years giving Auburn any respect even when they deserve it.

I agree its a relatively fair assessment but, personally, I doubt their assessment would be any different if Auburn's 2010 team was playing the game. Those 2 guys have struggled over the years giving Auburn any respect even when they deserve it.

Rece Davis is a bammer

Schlabach is a leghumper

It's a rare day when either of them would willingly say something remotely graceful towards Auburn

Completely agree. This season is just like 2009, we are beating the Mississippi schools and lose the games against teams that are still better. I'm not taking anything away from what Gus has done thus far, but is beating the Mississippi schools what it takes to be considered a top team these days? What happened to judging Auburn by beating Top 10-15 teams? Until we beat an LSU/Bama/UGA or perhaps a Texas A&M, this program is no different than it was in 2007/2009/2011... see a trend? 2013 will be just like those seasons relative to the talent we beat. Not complaining, just the facts.

Completely agree. This season is just like 2009, we are beating the Mississippi schools and lose the games against teams that are still better. I'm not taking anything away from what Gus has done thus far, but is beating the Mississippi schools what it takes to be considered a top team these days? What happened to judging Auburn by beating Top 10-15 teams? Until we beat an LSU/Bama/UGA or perhaps a Texas A&M, this program is no different than it was in 2007/2009/2011... see a trend? 2013 will be just like those seasons relative to the talent we beat. Not complaining, just the facts.

You're a real Mr. Sunshine aren't you? You have no way to know if we'll beat the highly ranked teams that remain on our schedule or not. I'm not conceding them, mainly because this Auburn team shows a lot more fight than some from previous years.

A trend. Thats funny! Lets look at some year you left off 2008/2010/2012. What trend would those be considered?

5th in the nation for yards per rush (which I am pleasantly surprised to see) against a dismal rush defense for A&M? I'm starting to like our odds...

5th in the nation for yards per rush (which I am pleasantly surprised to see) against a dismal rush defense for A&M? I'm starting to like our odds...

I will take the irresistible force against a moveable object every day of the week... I like our chances a lot...

Was it the 3-9 record last year that led you to believe we were in a position to beat LSU, Tx A&M, GA and Bama? We're 5-1 and most reasonable AU fans I know are thrilled with that. We basically spotted LSU 21 but the team NEVER QUIT and kept grinding. Last years team would have lost that game 60-7. Obviously, all AU fans want to win every game but anyone realistic understands that a Championship team isn't built in a year. We have to beat the MS teams before we can expect to beat the others. Yea, I see a trend, I see AU playing hard, they are fun to watch again, they don't quit and we have what seems like a 'class act' coach. And the other trend I see is AU's record in 2009, Gus's first year as OC was 8-5 and we know what happened in 2010. The other trend I see is most AU fans would have been satisfied with an 8-5 record and a team that doesn't quit before the season started. We have a long way to go but 8-5 is withing reach and who knows maybe we beat one of the big 3 left on the schedule. All I know, is I look forward to watching AU play.

Guest jojo1515

I'm sorry, but its a fact already that we can't beat anyone but the Mississippi schools? We are 5-1 with a good chance to knock off a top 10 team on thr road. Barring a monsoon and a first road start in the bayou, we outplayed LSU for 3/4 of that game. THOSE ARE THE FACTS, NOT OPINION OF THE REST OF THE SEASON WITH NO MERIT....... Do me a favor and don't quote your opinion as fact. Your opinion is simply that...an opinion....and it stinks. /rant

On the one hand, in our one loss (and despite the cluster that was the LSU game) we were in position at the end to come within a TD & on-side kick vs a top 10 team on the road. Before self-destructing.

On the other hand, Miss State and Wash State were closer than some folks here seem to recall.

IMHO, unless we have key injuries and/or turnovers, this road game against (another) top 10 team will shed more light on where we are than anything Reece Davis has between his ears.

To be fair, in 2007, we did go to UF and knock off the undefeated, #4 Gators. We just had meltdowns against MSU, USF, UGA & LSU. I agree with 2009 & 2011.

A trend. Thats funny! Lets look at some year you left off 2008/2010/2012. What trend would those be considered?

Guaranteed Natty next year, is what!!!!!

Thanks, Tigersauburn217, for pointing out our championship year next year!!!

This is ridiculous. Auburn is having a fantastic season. The difference between this year's team and last is beyond remarkable. You're in your first season under a new head coach in the toughest conference in history...and you went 3-9 last year.

Alabama went 7-6 it's first year under Nick Saban.

This season, what you want to see, is improvement at every position and gradual movement in the right direction. And I think you've gotten that in spades. Frankly, I'd prefer my team do that instead of being a one hit wonder flash in the pan type turnaround only to be crestfallen the next year.

Building a solid team that peforms year in and year out takes time.

i just wanted my tigers to improve from last year. we have done that. my wishes are a bowl game for the extra practice. i believe next year will be a huge improvement over this year and we have certainly improved this year!.war eagle!

Considering we have yet to play aTm, UGAy or uat I don't see where you are drawing your comparisons from. Perhaps wait until the end of the year before declaring this season just another wash, geez. Also, we never finished 3-9 the season before '07, '09, or '11.

This is ridiculous. Auburn is having a fantastic season. The difference between this year's team and last is beyond remarkable. You're in your first season under a new head coach in the toughest conference in history...and you went 3-9 last year.

Alabama went 7-6 it's first year under Nick Saban.

This season, what you want to see, is improvement at every position and gradual movement in the right direction. And I think you've gotten that in spades. Frankly, I'd prefer my team do that instead of being a one hit wonder flash in the pan type turnaround only to be crestfallen the next year.

Building a solid team that peforms year in and year out takes time.

I ag-...agr-...I can't do it. This asessment is spot on and coming from the source/perspective it does only makes it all the better! I simply can't say "I agree" with bammers yet. I'm just not there in my personal development yet. It's too soon and I just planted my "Toomer's Oak" sapling as well. %#&@ you Harvey!!

I ag-...agr-...I can't do it. This asessment is spot on and coming from the source/perspective it does only makes it all the better! I simply can't say "I agree" with bammers yet. I'm just not there in my personal development yet. It's too soon and I just planted my "Toomer's Oak" sapling as well. %#&@ you Harvey!!

Ha. It's ok. You don't have to say it. ;)

Archived