ESPN are you kidding??

JamesG

Did anyone else see the AU A&M highlights on sportscenter after the Bama game? They literally stopped the highlight segment and brought in an NCAA rules expert in studio to explain why Kris Frost's tackle on Manziel was a horse collar and that AU should of been penalized. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!

MODS you can merge this with something else if you want to.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, to be honest we did dodge a bullet there, but at the same time, why would ESPN do that? They never do it to any other game. It's things like this that lead people to believe ESPN has a bias against certain teams, and for whatever reason we are one of them. I don't get it, but we get the laugh anyway, because it wasn't called and we won. Suck it ESPN.

Well, to be honest we did dodge a bullet there, but at the same time, why would ESPN do that? They never do it to any other game. It's things like this that lead people to believe ESPN has a bias against certain teams, and for whatever reason we are one of them. I don't get it, but we get the laugh anyway, because it wasn't called and we won. Suck it ESPN.

I like this! Suck it ESPN!

That's what I'm saying... I have NEVER seen them do that before.

It's almost like they were thinking "Well, our ratings God Johnny Football loses to an underdog, so we'll do our best to explain this away"

rules expert should also point out those obvious holds on critical plays

Damn straight ! There were several non calls that certainly would have been called on us. Leave it to the crimson turd influence at ESPN to make that point. They simply have no shame. All 3 of bama's NCs should note "*" since they were on probation. Maybe the NTY foundation could turn them onto some more bama dirt to turn a blind eye to.

War Eagle !

I thought horse collaring included using leverage to cause a whiplash type effect during the tackle. Guys used to grab hold and then throw their bodies down to the ground to violently bring the runner down. How exactly does the rule read?

This is true.

Except "suck it bspn" is a bit mild and G rated for my natural response...

Its almost like they were thinking "Well, our ratings God Johnny Football loses to an underdog, so we'll do our best to explain this away"

I thought horse collaring included using leverage to cause a whiplash type effect during the tackle. Guys used to grab hold and then throw their bodies down to the ground to violently bring the runner down. How exactly does the rule read?

pretty much. He had him from behind, but I thought he got him low too instead of riding him down like the rule states. I also don't think he got inside the collar of his pads.

Its almost like they were thinking "Well, our ratings God Johnny Football loses to an underdog, so we'll do our best to explain this away"

The only thing that "makes sense" :dunno:

Did anyone else see the AU A&M highlights on sportscenter after the Bama game? They literally stopped the highlight segment and brought in an NCAA rules expert in studio to explain why Kris Frost's tackle on Manziel was a horse collar and that AU should of been penalized. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!

MODS you can merge this with something else if you want to.

Next segment will be why Therezie should have been ejected for targeting -- twice!

Just saw it also. I can't imagine a aTm fan wanting to make that play such a big deal. I could have pointed out at least 5 holds on our DLine. It just shows the mojo of their entire network.

Oh, they are making it a big deal. Therezie, too. Images of horse collars abound on their boards.

Archived