ESPN are you kidding??

JamesG

Good thing that was Holland trying to chase him down

Stop it, don't start. Today was a big victory. Don't criticize.

Yes.....PLEASE don't.

I'm not criticizing. Holland couldn't have run down Johnny. Don't read into more than that and get your panties in a wad. Holland did fine today.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it was great when, and I think it was ESPN (might have been Fox Sports 1) did a highlights segment of our game. They showed the last play of the game but the announcer randomly talks about "that might have been a horse collar". It was great because it was the wrong play. Anyone watching from outside would have been like...wut?

Espn ticker shows the final score then JFF stats. Thats it

FS1 ticker shows final score and then stats from both teams.

That should tell you all you need to know.

Espn ticker shows the final score then JFF stats. Thats it

FS1 ticker shows final score and then stats from both teams.

That should tell you all you need to know.

+

Erin Andrews. it is all clear now.

I thought horse collaring included using leverage to cause a whiplash type effect during the tackle. Guys used to grab hold and then throw their bodies down to the ground to violently bring the runner down. How exactly does the rule read?

pretty much. He had him from behind, but I thought he got him low too instead of riding him down like the rule states. I also don't think he got inside the collar of his pads.

I listen to Rod and Stan and watch with the TV volume muted. Stan said he did grab the jersey, but did not grab the pads. Both Stan and Rod said it could have gone either way, but neither believed it was a horse collar.

The player doesn't have to grab the pads for it to be a horse collar tackle. Of course Rod and Stan are going to say it wasn't a horse collar, they are Auburn announcers. lol. Here's how the rule reads:

Horse Collar Tackle

ARTICLE 15. All players are prohibited from grabbing the inside back collar of

the shoulder pads or jersey, or the inside collar of the side of the shoulder pads

or jersey, and immediately pulling the ball carrier down. This does not apply

to a ball carrier, including a potential passer, who is inside the tackle box (Rule

2-34). Note that the tackle box disintegrates when the ball leaves it.

I'd have to watch it again. Did he indisputably grab the inside back collar or side shoulder collar of the shoulder pads or jersey and immediately use that grip to take him down? Was there not at least some gray area there?

Stan and Rod are homers but they will admit when we clearly commit a foul. JF didn't even bitch much. I think he knew it was questionable.

What I saw was he definitely grabbed all jersey and pulled. I can't remember if he used that to pull him down or not.

I was screaming all game about how horribly our DL was held. Several times the DL jersey was pulled away from them and in the griped fist of an OLineman. Disgusting.

To me, game's over and Auburn pulled out a great upset win. All I need.

How about no highlights about the game?

It was all about Manziel.

Couldn't dhow any big plays on AU' s side!

Can't show any AU highlights, that might attract some undecided recruits our way!

If there was ever a doubt on BSPN's bias toward AU, that doubt should be removed!

Well I guess he could have dove for his legs since hitting a QB above the waste is a no no these days. Oh and when I mean dove for his legs I mean blow out his knew or ankle. He let go and to be fair he didn't bring him to the ground on his back so I suspect that is why the no call, and the fact well that the refs were blind in our game. The PI call on Evans even though he caught the ball was BS the push off by Evans on that same drive was not called we can keep going really

College Football final (watched this morning) on ESPN with Rece Davis, Lou and Mark May did not make an issue out of it. Mark May was the most positive while just mentioning our stats and performance. Hope he stays in our court. I have never forgiven him for flipping his support from us in 2004 to OK after being recruited to do so by Herbstriet. On the horse collar I am not sure if they did not highlight it because they saw no big deal or enough complainst came in last night that they backed off. They said it was a big win FOR gUS, but did NOT give Auburn props like some of the other teams. Rece mentioed Auburn could be 10-1 going into playing his turds BUT IS WAS MORE OF A POTENTIAL SCENARIO with GA down, LSU beaten, etc instead of talking us up.

In the end besides still having some leftover Cam hate for us, these guys are in the biz of being RIGHT and have no shame supporting and promoting their picks to make them look like all knowing Gods. We destroyed one of their picks beating Johnny FB and kicked their ego in the shorts. They don't like it ! It also takes the luster off bama's win and they really don't like that !

War Damn Eagle !

College Football final (watched this morning) on ESPN with Rece Davis, Lou and Mark May did not make an issue out of it. Mark May was the most positive while just mentioning our stats and performance. Hope he stays in our court. I have never forgiven him for flipping his support from us in 2004 to OK after being recruited to do so by Herbstriet. On the horse collar I am not sure if they did not highlight it because they saw no big deal or enough complainst came in last night that they backed off. They said it was a big win FOR gUS, but did NOT give Auburn props like some of the other teams. Rece mentioed Auburn could be 10-1 going into playing his turds BUT IS WAS MORE OF A POTENTIAL SCENARIO with GA down, LSU beaten, etc instead of talking us up.

In the end besides still having some leftover Cam hate for us, these guys are in the biz of being RIGHT and have no shame supporting and promoting their picks to make them look like all knowing Gods. We destroyed one of their picks beating Johnny FB and kicked their ego in the shorts. They don't like it ! It also takes the luster off bama's win and they really don't like that !

War Damn Eagle !

Well said. Lou was very complementary to Auburn also. I like May too but you are right he was an ass in 2004. Loved us in the morning hated us by sundown.

Between the bias and man-love Verne has for Manziel and espn's coverage of the results it was a pleasure to turn off the TV and spend 2-3 hours on the phone with various friends of the orange and blue persuasion.

Screw-Em.

War Eagle

Well, to be honest we did dodge a bullet there, but at the same time, why would ESPN do that?

Because they're reporting sports. Auburn v A+M was an upset. Here's why: bad call.

They never do it to any other game.

Of course they do.

It's things like this that lead people to believe ESPN has a bias against certain teams,

Things like what? Reporting what really happened in a game?

I don't get it, but we get the laugh anyway, because it wasn't called and we won. Suck it ESPN.

Right. It doesn't matter if we did something wrong, haha,

Why can't you enjoy the win without having to gripe and complain and blame Bama

Auburn is pretty much irrelevant to Alabama except for about 3 hours each November.

How about no highlights about the game?

It was all about Manziel.

Couldn't dhow any big plays on AU' s side!

Can't show any AU highlights, that might attract some undecided recruits our way!

If there was ever a doubt on BSPN's bias toward AU, that doubt should be removed!

Maybe...... but to me this was all about Manziel. He is a marquee player and DID NOT make the comeback to win the game.....and there must be a reason for that. .....so let's talk about a possible "missed call"....as if that were the only missed call that affected the game and the constant grabbing and holding by the TAMU linemen was of no consequence.

JM is a helluva a player but another loss in the SEC has taken the luster off this season and IMO he is not going to be in the Heisman talk any longer and is not going to be an everyday source of news commentary for BSPN.

So...now we get to listen about the greatness of AJ and a few others playing on undefeated teams.

Guest jojo1515

Well, to be honest we did dodge a bullet there, but at the same time, why would ESPN do that?

Because they're reporting sports. Auburn v A+M was an upset. Here's why: bad call.

Of course they do.

It's things like this that lead people to believe ESPN has a bias against certain teams,

I don't get it, but we get the laugh anyway, because it wasn't called and we won. Suck it ESPN.

Auburn is pretty much irrelevant to Alabama except for about 3 hours each November.

Somebody flush this turd

I can't believe nobody on ANY network is questioning whether Manziel was being overly dramatic with his "injury". Looked to me like a little theatrics in an attempt to add to the legend of JFF. Might have cost the Aggies a TD on that drive and did cost them a three and out on the next drive. I also believe the "injury" in the Ole Miss game was for dramatic effect as well. If that shoulder was remotely injured he's not standing on the sideline with his elbow propped on a cooler. I've had a doslocated shoulder.

pretty much. He had him from behind, but I thought he got him low too instead of riding him down like the rule states. I also don't think he got inside the collar of his pads.

^^^This^^^

I saw this, rewound it, an freeze-framed it. Frost had the jersey, NOT the pads. The pads were clearly visible under the pulled back jersey. Besides, pads don't stretch like that.

Of course they do.

Somebody flush this turd

and take the rest of the turds with it. A turd fan using the word "irrelevant"? Auburn GRAD uses the word IRONY. If we don't matter to you but 3 hours a year...why are you here? lol.

Our ball carriers have been pulled down the same way all year with no calls. We should get Al DeGreco to ask Steve Shaw about this rule. Suspect the officials have been instructed to have a high level of cause when pulling the flag, doubt it gets called unless it is clear the defender actions are intentional or with enough force to cause an injury.

I'll give Tam the call, how many yards did they pick up after the call. Being sacked on the last two plays had nothing to do with the call. Got to love this teams effort in the red zone and in the fourth quarter. Crying about losing a game based on a non call when you had every opportunity to win on the field is being a pussface. We never do that :coffee:.

Little doc

I can't believe nobody on ANY network is questioning whether Manziel was being overly dramatic with his "injury". Looked to me like a little theatrics in an attempt to add to the legend of JFF. Might have cost the Aggies a TD on that drive and did cost them a three and out on the next drive. I also believe the "injury" in the Ole Miss game was for dramatic effect as well. If that shoulder was remotely injured he's not standing on the sideline with his elbow propped on a cooler. I've had a doslocated shoulder.

Thank you. Exactly what my group was thinking. Especially after the "I'm up & coming off the field....oh wait....let me fall down in pain".

FoxSports1 did not even show that highlight or bring it up. All the more reason to watch FS1.

I saw what the OP was talking about. What irritated me was the rules expert said "if Frost grabbed jersey instead of shoulder pads then no call, and you could not tell what he grabbed." Immediately after the anchor says, "right... blown call".

My opinion is Frost also used his right hand on Manziel's right arm to make the tackle. Often when an official sees a tackler making an attempt on another part of the body like that they will not make the call of horse collar . Also, it was the very end of the game. Officials are going to make damn sure it is obvious before giving a 15 yard and automatic first down penalty.

FoxSports1 did not even show that highlight or bring it up. All the more reason to watch FS1.

I saw what the OP was talking about. What irritated me was the rules expert said "if Frost grabbed jersey instead of shoulder pads then no call, and you could not tell what he grabbed." Immediately after the anchor says, "right... blown call".

My opinion is Frost also used his right hand on Manziel's right arm to make the tackle. Often when an official sees a tackler making an attempt on another part of the body like that they will not make the call of horse collar . Also, it was the very end of the game. Officials are going to make damn sure it is obvious before giving a 15 yard and automatic first down penalty.

Spot on...I saw this also. Look at the replay and his right hand was ahold of the arm helping in bringing him down.

I thought horse collaring included using leverage to cause a whiplash type effect during the tackle. Guys used to grab hold and then throw their bodies down to the ground to violently bring the runner down. How exactly does the rule read?

that is what the rule is, grabbing inside the back of the jersey, which he did not do.

Announcer said it was grabbing inside the shoulder pads, which they agreed he did not do.

Archived