ESPN are you kidding??

JamesG

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought horse collaring included using leverage to cause a whiplash type effect during the tackle. Guys used to grab hold and then throw their bodies down to the ground to violently bring the runner down. How exactly does the rule read?

pretty much. He had him from behind, but I thought he got him low too instead of riding him down like the rule states. I also don't think he got inside the collar of his pads.

I listen to Rod and Stan and watch with the TV volume muted. Stan said he did grab the jersey, but did not grab the pads. Both Stan and Rod said it could have gone either way, but neither believed it was a horse collar.

Nor did I. If jersey counts, they're worse off than we are...

Weak sauce by ESPN. No games come down to just one play and both teams had calls and/or no calls go the other way. There was holding and illegal pick plays going on all over the place. If ESPN wants to pick apart the tape and see all the other calls involved be my guest. All they do with stuff like this is prove they are meatheads. Just keep winning football games. Yes and I just watch FS1 too.

I thought horse collaring included using leverage to cause a whiplash type effect during the tackle. Guys used to grab hold and then throw their bodies down to the ground to violently bring the runner down. How exactly does the rule read?

pretty much. He had him from behind, but I thought he got him low too instead of riding him down like the rule states. I also don't think he got inside the collar of his pads.

I listen to Rod and Stan and watch with the TV volume muted. Stan said he did grab the jersey, but did not grab the pads. Both Stan and Rod said it could have gone either way, but neither believed it was a horse collar.

The player doesn't have to grab the pads for it to be a horse collar tackle. Of course Rod and Stan are going to say it wasn't a horse collar, they are Auburn announcers. lol. Here's how the rule reads:

Horse Collar Tackle

ARTICLE 15. All players are prohibited from grabbing the inside back collar of

the shoulder pads or jersey, or the inside collar of the side of the shoulder pads

or jersey, and immediately pulling the ball carrier down. This does not apply

to a ball carrier, including a potential passer, who is inside the tackle box (Rule

2-34). Note that the tackle box disintegrates when the ball leaves it.

The player doesn't have to grab the pads for it to be a horse collar tackle. Of course Rod and Stan are going to say it wasn't a horse collar, they are Auburn announcers. lol. Here's how the rule reads:

Horse Collar Tackle

the shoulder pads or jersey, or the inside collar of the side of the shoulder pads

to a ball carrier, including a potential passer, who is inside the tackle box (Rule

This is why I said I thought it was a borderline horse collar on the game thread. It did look like he grabbed the back of the inside collar of the jersey. But it didn't look to me like he used that to pull him down immediately. It was more like an incidental horse collar (back when they had incidental facemasks).

Horse Collar Tackle

This is why I said I thought it was a borderline horse collar on the game thread. It did look like he grabbed the back of the inside collar of the jersey. But it didn't look to me like he used that to pull him down immediately. It was more like an incidental horse collar (back when they had incidental facemasks).

The rule, like many NCAA rules, is not definitive. The way it is written leaves it to the officials to make an instant determination if the pads or jersey was grabbed and if the runner was immediately pulled down. It looked like Frost had the jersey but used it to pull homself to the runner and then brought him down. It was not an immediate pull down by the collar.

I thought it was a horse collar when Frost tackled him but Frost makes the tackle whether he grabs the pads or not. Auburn beat A&M on that play whether Frost grabs the pads or not. Griping about a noncall is saying they would rather see A&M win on a technicality instead of see Auburn win by playing better on the field. Also, as has been pointed out, A&M benefited from multiple no calls on obvious holds and getting the penalty does not mean A&M scores.

Horse Collar Tackle

The rule, like many NCAA rules, is not definitive. The way it is written leaves it to the officials to make an instant determination if the pads or jersey was grabbed and if the runner was immediately pulled down. It looked like Frost had the jersey but used it to pull homself to the runner and then brought him down. It was not an immediate pull down by the collar.

Agreed.

Horse Collar Tackle

Agreed.

It was the jersey, it came down almost 6" inches. The pads don't give

Did anyone else see the AU A&M highlights on sportscenter after the Bama game? They literally stopped the highlight segment and brought in an NCAA rules expert in studio to explain why Kris Frost's tackle on Manziel was a horse collar and that AU should of been penalized. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!

MODS you can merge this with something else if you want to.

Was about to post this myself..

ESPN -- HEADLINES

AUBURN GUILTY OF PAYING OFF REFS -- GETS AWAY WITH HORSE COLLAR TACKLES TO THROW GAME!

How much did we pay the refs? Paul Finebam to get his friend, Danny Sheridan to find the bagman.

Now, does ESPN accuse Ole Miss of cheating in their win? No.

Do they insuiate that Tennesee cheated to win over Georgia? No

Who HAD to cheat and get away with something to win? You guessed it, only AUBURN..

Wait till next week, it is all the Bammer based media will talk about, including BS PN

Actually so did the CBS announcers originally. They stated it was the jersey, not the pads.

But remember, Fineboon and his buddy Sheridan will be looking for the bag man.

I didn't realize the penalty for a horse collar was 5 points.

If you are Auburn, according to BSPN, it mean you forfeit the game if you are Auburn and only IF you are Auburn!

Even if it technically was a horse collar it was borderline at best. A good ref isn't going to call a borderline personal foul in that situation in the game. It's kind of like pass interference on a hail Mary, it would have to be blatant to get the flag thrown.

Good thing that was Holland trying to chase him down

Stop it, don't start. Today was a big victory. Don't criticize.

Well, to be honest we did dodge a bullet there, but at the same time, why would ESPN do that? They never do it to any other game. It's things like this that lead people to believe ESPN has a bias against certain teams, and for whatever reason we are one of them. I don't get it, but we get the laugh anyway, because it wasn't called and we won. Suck it ESPN.

because bammers eat it up and they make them money in masses.......

Archived