ESPN are you kidding??

JamesG

They never do it to any other game.

Auburn is pretty much irrelevant to Alabama except for about 3 hours each November.

The fact that the bama comments on every al.com/bspn/bleacher report AUBURN article are at least 3-1 leads me to serious doubts on the accuracy of this statement.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was disappointed that they showed the Tennessee and Stanford highlights during every game but none of us. But if manzeil won it would of been the only thing on. That's messed up

Well, to be honest we did dodge a bullet there, but at the same time, why would ESPN do that?

Because they're reporting sports. Auburn v A+M was an upset. Here's why: bad call.

Of course they do.

It's things like this that lead people to believe ESPN has a bias against certain teams,

Things like what? Reporting what really happened in a game?

I don't get it, but we get the laugh anyway, because it wasn't called and we won. Suck it ESPN.

Right. It doesn't matter if we did something wrong, haha,

Why can't you enjoy the win without having to gripe and complain and blame Bama

Auburn is pretty much irrelevant to Alabama except for about 3 hours each November.

Somebody flush this turd

and take the rest of the turds with it. A turd fan using the word "irrelevant"? Auburn GRAD uses the word IRONY. If we don't matter to you but 3 hours a year...why are you here? lol.

What's great is he uses black print, which can't be seen on the AE format; therefore, I don't have to read it!! Stupid turd!!

I saw that footage last night and was pissed, almost threw the remote thru the TV. Additionally, they showed almost every scoring play in the game review for the LSU/Ole Miss game which was right before our game yet they open up our game review with 'starting with action in the 4th qtr...'. Then they insult us with the rules infraction jerk-hole.

I noticed they dropped that guy from the game review this morning...I hate BSPN

I thought horse collaring included using leverage to cause a whiplash type effect during the tackle. Guys used to grab hold and then throw their bodies down to the ground to violently bring the runner down. How exactly does the rule read?

pretty much. He had him from behind, but I thought he got him low too instead of riding him down like the rule states. I also don't think he got inside the collar of his pads.

that is what the rule is, grabbing inside the back of the jersey, which he did not do.

Announcer said it was grabbing inside the shoulder pads, which they agreed he did not do.

You will be a lot better off when you stop believing what the announcers say. The announcers don't have any idea what the rule is. They are completely clueless when it comes to rules and rule application.

bammers are starting to look over their shoulder to see that we are closing in on them fast. You will see all kinds of bammers scurrying out of the woodwork to do their dead-level best to discredit us. They did it in 2010, and are gearing up with each game we win. When we win the Iron Bowl, you will see something as bad or worse than we had to deal with then. Gus runs a clean and honest program, so the lies will be bold. However, we know the truth, and the truth will see us through all the way to the BCS NC.

May have been previously posted. From the NCAA Rulebook:

Horse Collar Tackle

ARTICLE 15. All players are prohibited from grabbing the inside back collar of the shoulder pads or jersey, or the inside collar of the side of the shoulder pads or jersey, and immediately pulling the ball carrier down. This does not apply to a ball carrier, including a potential passer, who is inside the tackle box (Rule 2-34). Note that the tackle box disintegrates when the ball leaves it.

So grabbing the inside of the jersey, but not the pads, and using that grab to tackle the runner, is a horse collar tackle. However, there were many missed calls in the game. The refs missed a horse collar tackle by TAMU against one of our receivers, where TAMU defender grabbed the inside of the side of the shoulder pads and used it to tackle the receiver. There were also numerous missed holding calls on TAMU, an obvious block in the back missed against TAMU on a return, and a couple of missed holds against Auburn.

If some jackwagon wants to pick out one missed call and make a segment on it, they should pick out all of the missed calls.

My opinion is Frost also used his right hand on Manziel's right arm to make the tackle. Often when an official sees a tackler making an attempt on another part of the body like that they will not make the call of horse collar . Also, it was the very end of the game. Officials are going to make damn sure it is obvious before giving a 15 yard and automatic first down penalty.

This may have well been the reason the ref did not call it--he felt the grab of the jersey collar (he did not grab the pads, the video shows that) was not the primary source of the tackle. The rulebook says a grab and " immediately pulling the ball carrier down" (hence "tackle" in the name of the foul). Horsecollar calls are rare--much rarer than face mask calls. So there must be more leeway on them based on the how the tackle is actually accomplished.

I think the rule states grabbing the collar of the jersey or pads. He grabbed the jersey but was it by the collar of the jersey? Also, is that all that was used to pull him down? I'm not sure. I think it is a call that could go either way.

It is certainly not the kind of tackle the rule was implemented to stop.

Like someone mentioned earlier, why don't they get the rules expert to explain the no-holding calls on our DL? I cant remember who was in at LE for Manziel's TD pass to the endzone but I swear his jersey covering his right shoulder pad was pulled down to his chest so he couldn't even take a step sideways.

Also, if they needed that call to win the game, that just shows how good our team really is!`

Yah, focus on that no call is total BS. As good as he is, Manziel would have looked MUCH less impressive if the refs would have called holding. There were numerous times that he ran past a DL who had driven an OL back, but couldn't turn towards Manziel b/c he was practically super glued to the OL. He would have had even less time to pass if they had called those, too.

Well, to be honest we did dodge a bullet there, but at the same time, why would ESPN do that?

Because they're reporting sports. Auburn v A+M was an upset. Here's why: bad call.

Of course they do.

It's things like this that lead people to believe ESPN has a bias against certain teams,

Things like what? Reporting what really happened in a game?

I don't get it, but we get the laugh anyway, because it wasn't called and we won. Suck it ESPN.

Right. It doesn't matter if we did something wrong, haha,

Why can't you enjoy the win without having to gripe and complain and blame Bama

Who are you trying to kid bammer ? So irrelevant that a bammer like you takes the time to come on an Auburn site and post. Most of you people are a complete joke. Typical.

Here is another one of your 36 posts.

SaturdayLover- Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:12 PM

"Bama Grad 03/Koolaid Drinker,

I enjoy your posts very much. Was at a party enjoying the Bama game today, and was talking to a friend about how much I enjoy going on the Barner forums. I was telling him how there's this one Bama poster who always has cogent, thoughtful posts on there no matter how crazy the Barners get, and he instantly said "Kool aid drinker!" Very well done. Postin' like a champion. "

http://www.aufamily....#entry1905918

Haven't seen this brought up but KF first got a hand on the Jersey then his right hand on JF right arm and to me, clearly pulled him down by that arm. If JF's arm isn't hurt maybe he escapes hence no horse collar "tackle". Maybe that's what ref saw. Anyway food for thought.

So they missed one on us maybe, but there were many "non-calls" on TAM, most notably on at least one of their touchdown pass plays. So all is fair in football. We don't need the talking heads...all we have to do is keep winning and they can say all they want. If we can keep our guys healthy and not get caught up in "how good we are", then we stand the chance to now win at least maybe 10 games.

Archived