Auburn Article on ESPN

Stripe

for all the Tinfoil hat and black helocopter croud.

I know ESPN isn't that helpful with all their bad press, but thats what sells. and where ever they can get some dirt, they will write/report a bad unfortnate story. even if it's not true.

But for once they did a decent job.

read this article: http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/73898/auburns-first-sec-win-laid-the-foundation

Nicely written, I'll give them credit for that. Thanks for posting! ...of course, if you notice the first comment posted on their is from a bammer...typical!

I can't see the comments. government computer blocks that section. works on AL.com as well. so I never have to read the stupid stuff turds and other idiots write.

"The Tigers started the season 2-0 but were trailing Mississippi State 20-14 with less than two minutes to play." We were tailing 20-17. I know nit picking at the little things, but hey it's a fact that should be correct, especially from ESPN :drippingsarcasm7pa: The only reason this stood out to me was because we won 24-20. If we were trailing 20-14 with 2 minutes left would have meant we would have had to score and kick a field goal, or score go for 2 and get a safety, kick 2 field goals and get 2 safeties, score miss the extra point and get 2 safeties......... Or it should have been trailing 20-14 with 27:38 left. Like I said nit picking I know but hey it stood out to me.

"The Tigers started the season 2-0 but were trailing Mississippi State 20-14 with less than two minutes to play." We were tailing 20-17. I know nit picking at the little things, but hey it's a fact that should be correct, especially from ESPN :drippingsarcasm7pa: The only reason this stood out to me was because we won 24-20. If we were trailing 20-14 with 2 minutes left would have meant we would have had to score and kick a field goal, or score go for 2 and get a safety, kick 2 field goals and get 2 safeties, score miss the extra point and get 2 safeties......... Or it should have been trailing 20-14 with 27:38 left. Like I said nit picking I know but hey it stood out to me.

A reporter shouldn't screw up something like that. Basic fact checking.

Some facts are incorrect in the article and that seems to go hand in hand with modern journalism.

What ever happened to proof reading and checking the facts as a mandate in journalism?

At any rate, good sentiments and from the motivational standpoint, quite correct.

It is written by Greg Ostendorf. You will notice that he only writes about Auburn/SEC and it is almost always good. He used to write for the tide nation segment on espn but is now strictly Auburn. I don't know his back ground, but seems to be the one person at ESPN who learned to write using facts at least where it comes to AU.

It is written by Greg Ostendorf. You will notice that he only writes about Auburn/SEC and it is almost always good. He used to write for the tide nation segment on espn but is now strictly Auburn. I don't know his back ground, but seems to be the one person at ESPN who learned to write using facts at least where it comes to AU.

He's a Bama grad.

He's a Bama grad.

He seems to be doing alright so far. No Tide goggles. There are a few of them out there who actually believe in credible reporting. I hope he keeps it up.

He's a Bama grad.

He seems to be doing alright so far. No Tide goggles. There are a few of them out there who actually believe in credible reporting. I hope he keeps it up.

The grads are not the people that make us hate bama. Most of the grads hate the 85% too.

He's a Bama grad.

The grads are not the people that make us hate bama. Most of the grads hate the 85% too.

Was just reporting the facts, not issuing a judgment. ;)

"The Tigers started the season 2-0 but were trailing Mississippi State 20-14 with less than two minutes to play." We were tailing 20-17. I know nit picking at the little things, but hey it's a fact that should be correct, especially from ESPN :drippingsarcasm7pa:/> The only reason this stood out to me was because we won 24-20. If we were trailing 20-14 with 2 minutes left would have meant we would have had to score and kick a field goal, or score go for 2 and get a safety, kick 2 field goals and get 2 safeties, score miss the extra point and get 2 safeties......... Or it should have been trailing 20-14 with 27:38 left. Like I said nit picking I know but hey it stood out to me.

A reporter shouldn't screw up something like that. Basic fact checking.

The reporter is a bammer. That should explain all inaccuracies.

Archived