We have to start throwing the football

DyeHardAllTheWay

Best comment I heard on TV was that they think Gus is going to pull a whole lot more offense out for the IB. Teams can't prepare for what they don't see.

Exactly! I hope we beat UGA with nothing but run.....we shall see. War Eagle!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea, I love we have been able to run (2) SEC teams out of their own stadium with base O of running the ball. We will have to throw against UGA. I still think we can beat them without showing everything. That, I hope, we save for bama.

"Best comment I heard on TV was that they think Gus is going to pull a whole lot more offense out for the IB. Teams can't prepare for what they don't see."

Pretty sure Coach Saban has a lot of fresh ideas saved up as well.

"Best comment I heard on TV was that they think Gus is going to pull a whole lot more offense out for the IB. Teams can't prepare for what they don't see."

Pretty sure Coach Saban has a lot of fresh ideas saved up for the Barn as well.

Dude, what's your problem? :dunno:

Dude, what's you problem? :dunno:

He's a SabanLover....

He's a SabanLover....

He's got too much bammer in him.

Like what, $pend more on loan$?

He's a SabanLover....

And another user for the ignore list.

Saban is too arrogant for fresh ideas, it will be the same dull a** offense with a lot of uncalled holding, pick plays and screens on third down, or a tightend drag route with a little flea flicker when bell or white is the outside and slot receiver. There, I know what's coming by the way they line up, its just he bully's his opponents by running straight at them. But if a team ever smacks him first and keeps hitting he will start shivering like a stripper scared sh*tless

We go from, :bawling: "I just want us to be competitive for 4 qtrs" :bawling: to being concerned because we run for over 400 yards against 2 SEC schools in their house. :OnTheCan:

:gofig:

Seriously!

We go from, :bawling: "I just want us to be competitive for 4 qtrs" :bawling: to being concerned because we run for over 400 yards against 2 SEC schools in their house. :OnTheCan:

Seriously!

I suspect our coaches are not nearly as intimidated by Bama and Georgia (mostly Bama) as many of our fans.

I think we got some very good pass plays ready to go when we really need them. We have shown nothing in 2 games and blew out to SEC opponents on the road. This is one of the most impressive things I have ever seen. Now we just have to finish it up or it will not be as impressive. I think it is setting up well for a great finish.

I think we got some very good pass plays ready to go when we really need them. We have shown nothing in 2 games and blew out to SEC opponents on the road. This is one of the most impressive things I have ever seen. Now we just have to finish it up or it will not be as impressive. I think it is setting up well for a great finish.

Agreed.

I agree that we don't need to throw it if we don't have to. What makes CGM's philosophy so unique is he uses elements of the spread and traditional offenses. We spread people out and go fast, yet we run the ball in a variety of ways and still utilizes power football blocking schemes. It's not as simple as just loading the box to stop our rushing attack.

With that said....(not to overlook GA) but Alabama will be most disciplined and talented defense we will face all year by far. They will be able to at least slow our rushing attack down and will certainly try and make us throw the football. Gus keeps saying that he's confident we can throw the ball, but practice is a lot different than games. Timing issues, dropped balls, and inaccurate throws have all been issues at times. I'm very hopeful though that Gus and his brilliant football mind will have a great game-plan for Bama (and UGA). It just comes down to execution.

I am more concerned with our run D. We are about to face Gurley and Yeldon, and we have been gashed for 5-7 yards a pop by Arkansas and Tennessee. I thought our defense played cleaner and looked more focused today, but we have to be able to stop the run.

I agree that we don't need to throw it if we don't have to. What makes CGM's philosophy so unique is he uses elements of the spread and traditional offenses. We spread people out and go fast, yet we run the ball in a variety of ways and still utilizes power football blocking schemes. It's not as simple as just loading the box to stop our rushing attack.

With that said....(not to overlook GA) but Alabama will be most disciplined and talented defense we will face all year by far. They will be able to at least slow our rushing attack down and will certainly try and make us throw the football. Gus keeps saying that he's confident we can throw the ball, but practice is a lot different than games. Timing issues, dropped balls, and inaccurate throws have all been issues at times. I'm very hopeful though that Gus and his brilliant football mind will have a great game-plan for Bama (and UGA). It just comes down to execution.

I am more concerned with our run D. We are about to face Gurley and Yeldon, and we have been gashes for 5-7 yards a pop by Arkansas and Tennessee. I thought our defense played cleaner and looked more focused today, but we have to be able to stop the run.

Agreed.

Seriously!

I suspect our coaches are not nearly as intimidated by Bama and Georgia (mostly Bama) as many of our fans.

Is it they are intimidated or do they think Saban has the only formula to win. Didn't Chiz try to become more "balanced" and "ball controlled" like LSU and bammer? I wonder how that worked out

Seriously!

Is it they are intimidated or do they think Saban has the only formula to win. Didn't Chiz try to become more "balanced" and "ball controlled" like LSU and bammer? I wonder how that worked out

Or bert bulleemeeuh.

I really like how CEJ adjusts. I just hope it doesnt take until halftime to do it. We have got to have better LB play. I hope Frost is not hurt, that would kill us.

If I'm not mistaken, he came back into the game after he was banged up. I agree btw that we'll need way better LB play, consistently.

For 8 straight quarters the opposing defense knew what was coming and it didn't matter. Gus is playing our team like I play video game football - and doing it just as well in real life. We may not have to throw on UGA. Do you really expect bama told hold our run game to anything under 200? Just watch - Gus is re-inventing the power run game this year.

Yeah okay, I'm a "bammer" because I'm afraid of Bama beating Auburn. If anything, you're the "bammers" because of your flawed logic and immaturity!

All I'm saying is that I'm a little concerned with the lack of passing game we've had. Watching Alabama play right now scares me. They will shut down the running game and then we'll have to throw it. I hope we're prepared.

I feel ya my friend. This board has developed into a mentality that if you say anything negative about the team, even if it is factual, you are called a bammer or you are said to not know much about football. Sad state of affairs if you ask me.

Back to the point, I am concerned also that if we face a team that develops a scheme to stop the run based zone read, we may struggle in the passing game.

+1 As long as we're able to make adjustments when needed then i don't have a problem with it. I do agree that we'll have to mix it up more with the run/pass with Bama. However, the point made about teams can't prepare for what they have not seen on film does give us an advantage in that we should be able to add in some wrinkles that Bama has not seen with our passing game and will not be able to prepare for. I like that!

The run offense is amazing and against the after TAM opponents it's been obviously more than enough. Pretty sure everyone gets.the if it ain't broke thinking. The only question that's being asked is when/if we face a defense that can force our hand, is the not getting live game experience less important than the black ops, no game film approach. Nobody's questioning the coaches. It's just curiosity.

Archived