We have to start throwing the football

DyeHardAllTheWay

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I mean if teams can't stop the run then why risk throwing an interception passing it. You also wear a defense down faster by pounding it against them running the ball than passing. I can see what you mean though.

I agree and hope there's not a day on reckoning coming. Not sure when the game was in hand why we didn't get any reps in but the coaches must know something we don't. I think we can beat uga like this ..... but bama?

I swear some people just don't get it...

When you know that you can run the ball for 400 yards against a team then you do it.

Look at it this way. We aren't giving UGA or Alabama anything to study and that is a really good thing!

I swear some people just don't get it...

When you know that you can run the ball for 400 yards against a team then you do it.

Look at it this way. We aren't giving UGA or Alabama anything to study and that is a really good thing!

Dude is probably a bammer.

Yeah okay, I'm a "bammer" because I'm afraid of Bama beating Auburn. If anything, you're the "bammers" because of your flawed logic and immaturity!

All I'm saying is that I'm a little concerned with the lack of passing game we've had. Watching Alabama play right now scares me. They will shut down the running game and then we'll have to throw it. I hope we're prepared.

i'll be sure and forward this to coach Malzahn. He obviously doesn't know what he is doing.

It'd be a lonely forum if we used that kind of reason. Part of being a fan is speaking/writing with passion and conviction of things we know little to nothing about. :)/>

Listen to your head coach post game UT. We run the ball b/c they can't stop it. We'll throw it when we have to, but until then...pound the rock!

Yeah okay, I'm a "bammer" because I'm afraid of Bama beating Auburn. If anything, you're the "bammers" because of your flawed logic and immaturity!

All I'm saying is that I'm a little concerned with the lack of passing game we've had. Watching Alabama play right now scares me. They will shut down the running game and then we'll have to throw it. I hope we're prepared.

I feel ya my friend. This board has developed into a mentality that if you say anything negative about the team, even if it is factual, you are called a bammer or you are said to not know much about football. Sad state of affairs if you ask me.

Back to the point, I am concerned also that if we face a team that develops a scheme to stop the run based zone read, we may struggle in the passing game.

3 of 7 with a pick 6 INT and a TD. The Stevens drop was a thing of beauty, wasn't it?

When you pass the ball like that, it's better to just stick with the running game.

That said, I understand the concerns of the OP. Auburn will find it difficult to run the ball like this against Alabama. They are big, fast and disciplined.

Best comment I heard on TV was that they think Gus is going to pull a whole lot more offense out for the IB. Teams can't prepare for what they don't see.

Yeah, I heard spencer Tillman say this during the Alabama half time. Said with less than 20 passes the past two games, teams don't know what to prepare for. Point Gus.

I'm sure theyre only running rushing plays at practice;)

Run, pass... whatever. Do you really think passing is gonna open up the run against UGA or bama? I think The RUN will open up the run. If it doesn't, then Gus will have our QB pass the dang ball. Hopefully our receivers will sell out to make the completion from here on out. If they don't, we have the whole off-season to work on becoming better catchers(sounds elementary). I haven't been too impressed with receivers dropping passes or missing the opportunity to go get the dang ball. Sammy still has work to do to become that receiver with magnetic hands. Whenever the ball is thrown, I find myself holding my breath. Thanks to Tre & Nick being so successful running the ball, our receivers haven't had much "Gametime" experience. I don't expect them to be clutch, I expect them to still drop some passes this season. After speaking my mind about that, I am enormously grateful for the turnaround this year. Its great to feel the buzz around our AU family. We are infinitely flawed, but divinely guided. Thanks be to Gus.

Best comment I heard on TV was that they think Gus is going to pull a whole lot more offense out for the IB. Teams can't prepare for what they don't see.

Yeah, I heard spencer Tillman say this during the Alabama half time. Said with less than 20 passes the past two games, teams don't know what to prepare for. Point Gus.

Bingo! ^^this guy gets it, when are the rest of u gonna get on board? Calm down guys, Gus knows little Nicky likes to steal plays and he is not gonna show his hand! U guys are in for a surprise on 11-30-13 just like little Nicky!!

Bingo! ^^this guy gets it, when are the rest of u gonna get on board? Calm down guys, Gus knows little Nicky likes to steal plays and he is not gonna show his hand! U guys are in for a surprise on 11-30-13 just like little Nicky!!

:Sing::hellyeah::Sing:

Archived