2014 3* CB Antreal Allen (Georgia State signee)

bikeriderga

If Auburn offers the 3 star DB, he will commit.

Team mate of one Rashaan Evans

I think you meant Allen. I did not see were he officially decommited but did say if Auburn offered he would commit to Auburn.

If Auburn offers the 3 star DB, he will commit.

Team mate of one Rashaan Evans

I think you meant Allen. I did not see were he officially decommited but did say if Auburn offered he would commit to Auburn.

The article in Al.com indicated he was still committed but wanted to "reopen" his recruiting and would commit to AU if

offered.

Take him and let's roll.

There may be some good reasons why he doesn't have an offer from AU. Also, we're running out of slots (9 left). Do you want to use one of those on this guy when almost daily the staff is getting contacted by some of the country's top prospects? I don't. Maybe if signing day gets here and we need a fill in, ok, but I don't see any need to rush. We already have three 4* DB's committed.

Take him and let's roll.

There may be some good reasons why he doesn't have an offer from AU. Also, we're running out of slots (9 left). Do you want to use one of those on this guy when almost daily the staff is getting contacted by some of the country's top prospects? I don't. Maybe if signing day gets here and we need a fill in, ok, but I don't see any need to rush. We already have three 4* DB's committed.

I'd rather let the Brown/Saban/Texas saga run its course and take a hard shot at Ronnie Clark first...

Take him and let's roll.

Yeah, we are running low on available spots to be sure and the staff will obviously only take what they feel they need to fill remaining needs, but IF a spot is available, this would be a good take imo. We always complain when local talent goes elsewhere and here is a kid from Auburn-who is good enough to get a scholly to UCLA - that wants to come to AU...couldn't hurt with landing a commitment from his teammate either. Gus had offered this kid while at Arky State as well so it's not like he doesn't already like him. Just makes sense to me.

I don't know why but I have a feeling this is one of those kids that we will be looking back and asking how he got out of the state. If Jim Mora wants him at UCLA he definitely isn't lacking the skill set or potential. It may be we just have some guys higher on our board and are almost done at the position. If we have a slot open though it wouldn't surprise me if this is one of the guys we offer and flip at the last minute on signing day.

If he's worthy on his own accord and fits into the scheme we have, the depth chart and new class coming ... Then by all means.

If it's to try and help with Evans then that isn't fair to him or auburn. Signing one to get another comes up every year ... Alexander bros last year ... The going thought, if I recall, was Mac was worthy on his own but a lot wondered if it was to get the brother ... Resulted in brother to Clemson. I hope Mac is an all American, as I hope this young man will be, whether he goes to ucla or auburn

Mora wants him to get Rashaan. We shouldn't take Allen because of Evans.

With scholly limitations now a days it's not a good idea to offer package deals if you are an elite program like Auburn unless both are top targets on the staff's board. Need all the high quality players you can get.

I highly doubt Allen will get an AU offer. We have a number of kids higher on the board at safety.

With scholly limitations now a days it's not a good idea to offer package deals if you are an elite program like Auburn unless both are top targets on the staff's board. Need all the high quality players you can get.

I highly doubt Allen will get an AU offer. We have a number of kids higher on the board at safety.

If memory serves, the Armistead brothers were packaged, as well as the Mac twins up to a point. There was also an indication that Will Adams and Jaquay Williams were a package. As ellitor mentioned,though, packages don't normally work out and none of those afore-mentioned worked out either. It remains to be seen how the C Rob, C Sims, and Ronnie Clark "package" works, because that is one where all three are blue-chippers and have talked about playing together since jr. high school.

Something doesn't look right. Allen has offers from Ga. State, Ga. Southern, Chattanooga, Ark. St., etc and also from UCLA, where he committed. UCLA has pushed hard for Evans. You have to wonder if AA's offer with Bruins is valid w/o Evans. Evans stock has never been higher but package deals are just not a good thing. Sets a bad precedent. Others will try to do it if you cave in once. In desperate times things like that happen sometimes. But Auburn's stock is pretty high right now too. We'll see. Hope Allen has a great college career, but doubt it will be at AU unless it's as invited walkon.

Something doesn't look right. Allen has offers from Ga. State, Ga. Southern, Chattanooga, Ark. St., etc and also from UCLA, where he committed. UCLA has pushed hard for Evans. You have to wonder if AA's offer with Bruins is valid w/o Evans. Evans stock has never been higher but package deals are just not a good thing. Sets a bad precedent. Others will try to do it if you cave in once. In desperate times things like that happen sometimes. But Auburn's stock is pretty high right now too. We'll see. Hope Allen has a great college career, but doubt it will be at AU unless it's as invited walkon.

Depends upon who we miss on (if any) and there's a need at that position.

Archived