Question about the last play

bg5

They didn't really show it on tv but when I saw a clip this morning it looked like if Tre had stayed on the sideline he might have had a chance. Probably a better question for someone who was there since TV didn't show the whole field. But the veiw I saw thi morning looked like he had the sideline with a wall of protection.

They didn't really show it on tv but when I saw a clip this morning it looked like if Tre had stayed on the sideline he might have had a chance. Probably a better question for someone who was there since TV didn't show the whole field. But the veiw I saw thi morning looked like he had the sideline with a wall of protection.

Saban suggested that. I couldn't see the whole field.

I don't know about that... but the missed FG and the pass thrown short on the first possession loom large... with those plays corrected we wouldn't have needed that hook and ladder stuff at the end. Regardless -- I'm proud of those guys! I never thought we would do as well as this before the aTm game... after that game I started thinking that they could do something really special -- and as far as I'm concerned... they DID!!!

He should have stayed outside, saw a still frame of the play from behind. The only guy that could have made a play for FSU did, pushed Tre inside the wall to help. One block and we win the NC on the last play, cementing this team as the greatest team in history but the FSU player made the play and we didn't! What a great season and IT'S GREAT TO BE AN AUBURN TIGER!!!!

Tre cut back inside because of one FSU player that darted through the wall in front of him. I believe it was 62 for Auburn who could have blocked him, that is what prevented him from scoring. It was a really well designed play by Malzahn.

Yes! I saw that and had the sound down so didn't hear Saban suggest it, but had he stayed on the sideline he has 1 defender and 1 blocker between himself and the endzone. I actually jumped out of my chair. But then he cut inside.

I don't know about that... but the missed FG and the pass thrown short on the first possession loom large... with those plays corrected we wouldn't have needed that hook and ladder stuff at the end. Regardless -- I'm proud of those guys! I never thought we would do as well as this before the aTm game... after that game I started thinking that they could do something really special -- and as far as I'm concerned... they DID!!!

Don't forget that the missed field goal lead to a strip that lead to a touchdown... 7 > 3

He most likely cut inside with the anticipation of lateraling it to another player. If he stays on the outside it's all him and if he doesn't make it he has no chance to keep the play alive. Times like that it would have been nice to have Onterio. He would have tried for it down the sideline and no one would have caught him lol. Oh well was a good try and nice play call would have been more epic than the UGA and Bama play put together and would have made one helluva highlight to add to the end of our highlights.

War Eagle Anyways!

Archived