ESPN Magazine and JC

bammanmr

They discuss his struggles over his last few years and how Borges has been able to help him pull it all together.

I was actually shocked to see something on Auburn in the magazine, due to the hype we didn't live up to last season. There's been a ton of usc/ou press in the mag., but this is the first Auburn mention in a long time.

It's different than SI. If you like the inside stuff more than just who won and why, its a good magazine. If you get the free 30 EPSN.com Insider trial, you get 2 free issues. Try it out.

Guest Tigrinum Major
is that mag worth getting?

comparison to SI???

127034[/snapback]

I have subscribed to SI for about 20 years now (damn, I am getting old) and I recently received a free subscription to ESPN. It is decent, but, in my opinion, doesn't have the in-depth features that SI does. I will not be renewing my subscription to it when it comes up.

It has a lot of tidbits and charts and lists that feed the ESPN low attention span mentality. It also is a little "hipper" in its lingo and sometimes I don't know what the hell they are talking about (damn, I AM getting old.) It is also a BIG magazine that I find unwieldy at times.

The article on JC is worth reading. It talks a lot about his relationship with Al Borges. Very interesting, but Borges insytalled his style while keeping the old AU terminology the same. It also talked about what a smart kid JC is and how he has preservered over the years with 4 OCs. Borges was very complimentary of the coaching JC has had in the past, but also said that his fundamentals were a bit lacking. They got that fixed and everything else fell into place. Some good quotes from Ronnie and Junior Rosegreen also.

Archived