2015 5* QB Kyler Murray (Texas A&M signee)

EagleDamnWar

6_2889553.jpg

Kyler Murray, Dual-Threat Quarterback

Allen, TX (Allen)

Ht: 5-11 | Wt: 170

- Expected to announce decision May 28th

- Recruiter: Rhett Lashlee

Offers: Arizona State, Arkansas, Auburn, California, Clemson, Clemson, Florida, Georgia Tech, Nebraska, North Carolina Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Oregon, TCU, Texas and Texas A&M, among others.

247Sports: 5* (Top247 - No. 10)

Rivals: 4* (Rivals100 - No. 51)

Scout: 4* (Scout Rank - No. 43)

Typically, quarterbacks with his size are not rated as highly, but that speaks to the type of talent he possesses. Led his team to a 5A state title in Texas as a sophomore, showing a high acumen to read the field and make plays with his arm or his legs. He is a very accurate passer and can place the ball exactly where he wants it to go. He is very savvy as to when he decides to pull the ball down and run. A true dual-threat at the position. - GP

http://recruiting.sc...c=1&nid=6704629

As a sophomore in 2012, Murray helped lead Allen to a State Championship. He passed for over 2,000 yards and rushed for over 1,300 yards and scored 42 touchdowns to earn 10-5A District Offensive MVP, First Team All-District and First Team All-State honors.

http://recruiting.sc...c=1&nid=6704629

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@TheKylerMurray:

Top 5... (Alphabetical Order)

-------------

Clemson

Florida

Oregon

Texas A&M

Texas Tech

-------------

Wow, he's really small. Is he really being looked at as a QB prospect?

Yes. He is really small but he is a dynamic runner with an advanced feel for passing. Good mechanics and ball placement, and a pretty good arm. His dad was a QB at Texas A&M (hence why he's likely to end up there) and you can tell he's been drilled the fundamentals of the position.

Watch his highlights. The kid is one of the best QBs in this class. His age is a positive as well: 16.5 is young for his class, which suggests there may be some more growth potential for him...but also makes his overall advanced feel for the position even more impressive.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/1422152/highlights/21720427

Wow, he's really small. Is he really being looked at as a QB prospect?

Yes. He is really small but he is a dynamic runner with an advanced feel for passing. Good mechanics and ball placement, and a pretty good arm. His dad was a QB at Texas A&M (hence why he's likely to end up there) and you can tell he's been drilled the fundamentals of the position.

Watch his highlights. The kid is one of the best QBs in this class. His age is a positive as well: 16.5 is young for his class, which suggests there may be some more growth potential for him...but also makes his overall advanced feel for the position even more impressive.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/1422152/highlights/21720427

His first game in his highlight film is his HS team playing against Baylor. ;D

This kid reminds me of Johnny Football. Not big but deadly accurate and dangerous with his feet.

Every time I look at this forum I see another QB offer from AU...how many offers do we have out now? How many are realistic prospects?

Just echoing what others have already said, but this guy can really play the position. I know its cliche but he looks/plays a lot like Manziel. Same size, same poise, great footwork in and out of the pocket, laser arm, very accurate... The kid looks to be a player wherever he lands. I hate that we're not in his top 5 at the moment, but there's still time left for things to shift. Looks like he's a 4* right now, but I fully expect him to end up a 5* like Kiehl Frazier was.

Just echoing what others have already said, but this guy can really play the position. I know its cliche but he looks/plays a lot like Manziel. Same size, same poise, great footwork in and out of the pocket, laser arm, very accurate... The kid looks to be a player wherever he lands. I hate that we're not in his top 5 at the moment, but there's still time left for things to shift. Looks like he's a 4* right now, but I fully expect him to end up a 5* like Kiehl Frazier was.

:popcorn:

:popcorn:

SMH. Now why you gotta serve it up for metafour on a silver platter like that?

Every time I look at this forum I see another QB offer from AU...how many offers do we have out now? How many are realistic prospects?

1. 8 and 2. Don't know since there are 2 ends to that ?

How many are realistic prospects?

Well...

Gibson: Heavy OSU lean. Not very realistic.

Murray: Heavy A&M lean. Not very realistic.

Stidham: Baylor/Texas Tech lean. Unrealistic right now, but this kid is picking up all sorts of offers (just got Bama).

We have a more realistic chance with Kai Locksley right now than with any of these new recent offers. The Virgil kid would also be more realistic but that is because he isn't quite as sought after as the others, thus if we really pushed for him I think we could be serious contenders but I dont think he is a high priority right now.

How many are realistic prospects?

Well...

Gibson: Heavy OSU lean. Not very realistic.

Murray: Heavy A&M lean. Not very realistic.

Stidham: Baylor/Texas Tech lean. Unrealistic right now, but this kid is picking up all sorts of offers (just got Bama).

We have a more realistic chance with Kai Locksley right now than with any of these new recent offers. The Virgil kid would also be more realistic but that is because he isn't quite as sought after as the others, thus if we really pushed for him I think we could be serious contenders but I don't think he is a high priority right now.

I'm good with that!

Yes, I realize he could have a growth spurt and put on weight. But he's not the "same size" as JF. Not dissing on the kid. He looks like a really talented and exciting player. Maybe by the time he's a senior, he'll decide that Auburn is a better fit for him than A&M.

Yes, I realize he could have a growth spurt and put on weight. But he's not the "same size" as JF. Not dissing on the kid. He looks like a really talented and exciting player. Maybe by the time he's a senior, he'll decide that Auburn is a better fit for him than A&M.

You took my post too literally. The kid is 16 years old... I was attempting to project what he'll play/look like in college. Still though... how big do you think Manziel is? Word is he's under 6 ft and about 185. That's not far off from Murray's stats.

An asteroid would have to hit Texas A&M for Auburn to have a chance. He is a huge A&M fan and A&M legacy. He fits the Johnny Manziel roll perfectly and no doubt that will be a strong and useful selling point for the Aggies.

• 2 months later...

“@HamiltonESPN: One school that is making a strong push with #ESPN300 No. 14 & top ranked QB Kyler Murray is #Auburn. #WarEagle under consideration”

"@HamiltonESPN: One school that is making a strong push with #ESPN300 No. 14 & top ranked QB Kyler Murray is #Auburn. #WarEagle under consideration"

Interesting. I thought earlier that he was a heavy lean to TA&M. He would be the next Johnny Football.

Big news. This guy is my favorite QB in this class.

I like this guy, too. Reminds me of Johnny Manziel. 5'11" doesn't matter. Russell Wilson won the Super Bowl.

Archived