Coaches poll

Tigermike

Did you know that the SEC gets 10 votes in the coaches poll? #3. Auburn received (7) SEVEN! first place votes from the coaches in the SEC who want to talk about how great the SEC is! Only SEVEN votes from SEC coaches who it seems have an agenda of some type! Since the coaches have decided to keep their votes private and not divulge who voted for who, we will never know who the hypocritical liars are. If you are going to say year after year that the SEC is the toughest conference in all of college football, then you should be willing to vote your conscience. To vote otherwise is to prove to the sports world what a bunch of liars and hypocrites they are.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankings

Guest Tigrinum Major
Did you know that the SEC gets 10 votes in the coaches poll?  #3.  Auburn received (7)  SEVEN! first place votes from the coaches in the SEC who want to talk about how great the SEC is!  Only SEVEN votes from SEC coaches who it seems have an agenda of some type!    Since the coaches have decided to keep their votes private and not divulge who voted for who, we will never know who the hypocritical liars are.  If you are going to say year after year that the SEC is the toughest conference in all of college football, then you should be willing to vote your conscience.  To vote otherwise is to prove to the sports world what a bunch of liars and hypocrites they are. 

127148[/snapback]

I thought we only had 7 votes: Tuberville, Cutcliffe, Fulmer, Saban, Holtz, Nutt and Richt.

Shula, Brooks, Croom, Zook, and the Vandy coach don't have a vote, unless I am mistaken...

Anyone know for sure?

Guest Tigrinum Major
Did you know that the SEC gets 10 votes in the coaches poll?  #3.  Auburn received (7)  SEVEN! first place votes from the coaches in the SEC who want to talk about how great the SEC is!  Only SEVEN votes from SEC coaches who it seems have an agenda of some type!    Since the coaches have decided to keep their votes private and not divulge who voted for who, we will never know who the hypocritical liars are.  If you are going to say year after year that the SEC is the toughest conference in all of college football, then you should be willing to vote your conscience.  To vote otherwise is to prove to the sports world what a bunch of liars and hypocrites they are. 

127148[/snapback]

I thought we only had 7 votes: Tuberville, Cutcliffe, Fulmer, Saban, Holtz, Nutt and Richt.

Shula, Brooks, Croom, Zook, and the Vandy coach don't have a vote, unless I am mistaken...

Anyone know for sure?

127154[/snapback]

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/usatpoll.htm

It has a list of voters there, but here is a list copied and organized from that site:

Barry Alvarez, Wisconsin

Chuck Amato, North Carolina State

Gary Barnett, Colorado

Frank Beamer, Virginia Tech

Mike Bellotti, Oregon

Phil Bennett, Southern Methodist

Jack Bicknell, Louisiana Tech

Bobby Bowden, Florida State

Tommy Bowden, Clemson

Jeff Bower, Southern Mississippi

Gregg Brandon, Bowling Green

Mack Brown, Texas

Watson Brown, Alabama-Birmingham

Lloyd Carr, Michigan

Larry Coker, Miami (Fla.)

Gary Crowton, Brigham Young

David Cutcliffe, Mississippi

Gary Darnell, Western Michigan

Darrell Dickey, North Texas

Bill Doba, Washington State

Dennis Franchione, Texas A&M

Ralph Friedgen, Maryland

Phillip Fulmer, Tennessee

Joe Glenn, Wyoming

Walt Harris, Pittsburgh

Dan Hawkins, Boise State

Fitz Hill, San Jose State

Pat Hill, Fresno State

Terry Hoeppner, Miami (Ohio)

Brady Hoke, Ball State

Lou Holtz, South Carolina

Dirk Koetter, Arizona State

Jim Leavitt, South Florida

Rocky Long, New Mexico

Sonny Lubick, Colorado State

Dan McCarney, Iowa State

Andy McCollum, Middle Tennessee

Glen Mason, Minnesota

Les Miles, Oklahoma State

Joe Novak, Northern Illinois

Houston Nutt, Arkansas

Tom O'Brien, Boston College

George O'Leary, Central Florida

Joe Paterno, Penn State

Gary Patterson, TCU

Bobby Petrino, Louisville

Gary Pinkel, Missouri

Bob Pruett, Marshall

Mark Richt, Georgia

Steve Roberts, Arkansas State

Rich Rodriguez, West Virginia

Nick Saban, LSU

John L. Smith, Michigan State

Bob Stoops, Oklahoma

Mike Stoops, Arizona

Jeff Tedford, California

Jim Tressel, Ohio State

Tommy Tuberville, Auburn

Ron Turner, Illinois

Charlie Weatherbie, Louisiana-Monroe

Tyrone Willingham, Notre Dame

Of course, they do keep their ballots secret...

IF you are refering to Saban than you are dead wrong! Saban made public his feeling about Auburn potentially getting left out of the BCS game. Also, Saban and Tubberville are good friends so you can beat Saban voted for Auburn.

I made the post based on what I just heard on the radio, WJOX in Birmingham. They said 10 so that is what I went with. If the actual number is less, sorry.

USC 48

OK 06

AU 07

David Cutcliffe, Mississippi

Phillip Fulmer, Tennessee

Lou Holtz, South Carolina

Houston Nutt, Arkansas

Mark Richt, Georgia

Nick Saban, LSU

Tommy Tuberville, Auburn

So it appears that AUBURN IS receiving the SEVEN first place votes from the SEC coaches.

One would think that Bobby Petrino, of Louisville would vote AUBURN #1 doesn't it.

Jack Bicknell, Louisiana Tech lost to AUBURN, 52-7, I wonder how he voted?

Charlie Weatherbie, Louisiana-Monroe lost to AUBURN 31-0, I wonder how he voted?

Gregg Brandon, Bowling Green bought out of their game with AUBURN, I wonder how he voted?

Jeff Bower, Southern Mississippi is trying to get of playing AUBURN next year, I wonder how he voted?

Dan Hawkins, Boise State has been trying to get his team in a BCS Bowl, I wonder how he voted?

The lovely thing is, if all seven SEC coaches are voting us #1, that means some other coaches that you'd think might do so are not, such as:

Bobby Petrino, Louisville

Jack Bicknell, Louisiana Tech

Charlie Weatherbie, La. Monroe

Dennis Franchione, Texas A&M

Watson Brown, Alabama-Birmingham

Jeff Bower, Southern Miss

Bobby Bowden, Florida State

Guest Tigrinum Major
I made the post based on what I just heard on the radio, WJOX in Birmingham.  They said 10 so that is what I went with.  If the actual number is less, sorry.

127164[/snapback]

Take everything you hear on JOX with a grain of salt. Most of the time, they don't have a clue about what they are discussing.

Once this year, they talked about LSU getting left out of the BCS last year, when in reality, it was USC that got jobbed. They also talked about LSU losing to Georgia last year. They lost to Florida.

They don't do the research you would expect if your only job was to sit around and comment on sports.

Saban was the only coach I could use to bring a Church Lady joke in the mix. B)

Actually, I would think if any SEC coaches were not, Phil Foolmer would be suspect number one.

And I wonder who Mike STOOPS would be voting for...Hmmm. <_<

I believe Nutt made it public a few weeks ago that he would not vote us as number 1 until we won the SEC Championship. It was discussed on these boards, correct me if I'm wrong.

And Holtz is probably not voting us number 1. He didn't give LSU the number 1 spot last year, its doubtful he'll do us that favor.

Archived