We will have 5 national championships...

War Eagle 96

Auburn has 7 total National Championships. Below is a list I found of all 7.

Auburn Total National Championships

Composite Championship Listings

Recognized National Championships

Conference Championships

Total National Championships

7 Total Major College National Championship Year(s)

No

Year

Record

Selector

6-1-0

Loren Maxwell

8-0-0

1st-N-Goal

Billingsley Report

James Howell

8-0-1

James Howell

10-0-0

Angelo Louisa

Associated Press

Bill Libby

Cliff Morgan

College Football Researchers Association

David Wilson

Earl Jessen

Harry Frye

Helms Athletic Foundation

James Howell

James Whalen

Jeff Self

Jim Koger

Massy Ratings

Mel Smith

National Championship Foundation

Patrick Premo

Poling System

Soren Sorensen

The Fleming System

Williamson System

9-0-1

Montgomery Full Season Championship

11-1-0

1st-N-Goal

Angelo Louisa

ARGH Power Ratings

College Football Researchers Association

David Wilson

DKC Ratings

Foundation for the Analysis of Competitions and Tournaments

James Howell

Jeff Self

Massy Ratings

New York Times

Soren Sorensen

Sparks Achievement Ratings

The Fleming System

Thomas Jech

11-0-0

David Wilson

Harry Frye

National Championship Foundation

Sparks Achievement Ratings

So, this year would be our 8th one!! And these Championships are as legit as ANY that OTHER schools near us have claimed.

Guest Tigrinum Major
Won't we?  I mean if we use  :ua: logic?

1918, 1957, 1983, 1993 & 2004

I'm gonna make a t-shirt.

127190[/snapback]

:ua: logic? Isn't that an oxymoron, like "military intelligence" or "good-looking UGA co-ed"?

So, this year would be our 8th one!! And these Championships are as legit as ANY that OTHER schools near us have claimed.

While the older ones are based on the same retro-polls the bammers use to claim 600 championships, I would not claim championships (MNCs) for the ones from 1958 to now. The emrgence of the press and coach's polls over the last 50-60 years makes all the others just arguing points. If you're not the AP or ESPN (UPI) champion for any season since 1950 you are not a mythical national champion IMHO. And yes AU has been screwed an average of once a decade since 1957 but that's life, until a playoff crowns an actual champion.

The bottom line is claim one, two(my position 1913 & 1957), six, eight, whatever makes you feel good. But if you claim any of the non AP/UPI/ESPN after 1950 you should forfiet your right to make fun of bammer and their 12 mythical championships.

While the older ones are based on the same retro-polls the bammers use to claim 600 championships, I would not claim championships (MNCs) for the ones from 1958 to now. The emrgence of the press and coach's polls over the last 50-60 years makes all the others just arguing points. If you're not the AP or ESPN (UPI) champion for any season since 1950 you are not a mythical national champion IMHO. And yes AU has been screwed an average of once a decade since 1957 but that's life, until a playoff crowns an actual champion.

The bottom line is claim one, two(my position 1913 & 1957), six, eight, whatever makes you feel good. But if you claim any of the non AP/UPI/ESPN after 1950 you should forfiet your right to make fun of bammer and their 12 mythical championships.

127226[/snapback]

Nice post. The AP/UPI/ESPN are the only polls that would matter to me anyways. Since I was born, Bama's only claimed one in '92 so it's really pointless for me to argue with anyone about MNC's.

And we would be lurking on the uat board in an attempt to latch on to their "glory" this season. On second thought, WHAT uat glory? :roflol::roflol::roflol::poke:

10 are recognized by the ncaa. while still a coupla fists full, i've never really understood why folks persist on claiming 12.

and auburn has one maybe two titles; we also hold the record for most screw jobs (not a good thing in this case) for one school. i don't know of any other time when the number one and two teams lost the number three team won but didn't move to number one. heck, we didn't even move up one spot even after we'd beaten 4 top ten teams in our last 5 games. 1993 we screwed ourselves. this year is looking like the largest screw of them all. we'd be the first team in sec history to go unbeaten and not get a shot at the title.

And we would be lurking on the uat board in an attempt to latch on to their "glory" this season. On second thought, WHAT uat glory? :roflol:   :roflol:   :roflol:   :poke:

127234[/snapback]

I was lurking last year when your guys gloriously blew one of the most hyped seasons ever, so there goes your "And we would be lurking on the uat board in an attempt to latch on to their "glory" this season." logic. ;)

10 are recognized by the ncaa. while still a coupla fists full, i've never really understood why folks persist on claiming 12.

127237[/snapback]

6 are recognized by the AP/Coaches. That's really all that counts to most Non-UA people. That's all I would recognize.

well there were ncaa recognized retro-polls. i have no problem accepting those despite the fact that someone had to award it after the fact. it's the extra two that blow my mind.

And we would be lurking on the uat board in an attempt to latch on to their "glory" this season. On second thought, WHAT uat glory? :roflol:   :roflol:   :roflol:   :poke:

127234[/snapback]

I was lurking last year when your guys gloriously blew one of the most hyped seasons ever, so there goes your "And we would be lurking on the uat board in an attempt to latch on to their "glory" this season." logic. ;)

127238[/snapback]

Even as bad as we played last year, I still have fond memories of the FIRST PLAY

of last year's Iron Bowl......Do you? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I can't blame you. If I were a fan of the smaller school in west al., I would be on the AU board too! ! !

:poke:

127237[/snapback]

6 are recognized by the AP/Coaches. That's really all that counts to most Non-UA people. That's all I would recognize.

127240[/snapback]

LOL

uaters would recognize a poll from the "King Biscuit Power Hour" if it helped relieve the pain of the uat program of today! :roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

Simply priceLESS ! ! ! B)

It really is too hard for you to respond to a thread without turning it into smack isn't it.

Hard to keep the old "safety" "ON" when the target is SOOOOO large! :D

:poke:

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

We could always claim 28... http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_i...ampionships.php

;)

127284[/snapback]

Those are total championships, SEC, conference, West Division, not MNC's.

127492[/snapback]

You have to excuse him. If he is the typical Alabama fan, he can't read very well.

127495[/snapback]

"You're so right Carl". :au:

How funny is it that they "claim" '93 West?!

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

Archived