2015 4* JUCO CB Tony Bridges (Ole Miss signee)

McLoofus

This should put a little maturity between the seniors and the freshmen.....and continues the trend of taller, more rangy defensive backs. WE

Sorry doing from iPhone not my strong suit

This is why Tony is so valuable. We had gotten a little thin at DB's. With Tony on board plus the strong class this year we can now add 3 to 4 quality players a year and be in a position to reload instead of rebuild.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This should put a little maturity between the seniors and the freshmen.....and continues the trend of taller, more rangy defensive backs. WE

Sorry doing from iPhone not my strong suit

This is why Tony is so valuable. We had gotten a little thin at DB's. With Tony on board plus the strong class this year we can now add 3 to 4 quality players a year and be in a position to reload instead of rebuild.

Thats a nice feeling to have.

My take is we had to take commitment early or someone else would (OM or MSU). If he's going to RS, then someone had to man up and tell his coach with a firm committable offer. Not fair to let the kid go through spring and summer camp with JUCO Coach thinking Bridges would be playing for him in the Fall, then have rug pulled from under the team. In other words if we didn't offer now he would be playing this fall with only two years of eligibility left.

The chances he redshirts are slim to none. I have never seen any juco player redshirt his second year unless he missed the entire year due to injury. Virtually the only way a juco redshirts is as a freshman at a school's request through sign and place. Moncrief committed to AU 4 months before his 2013 season started but did not redshirt. Bridges will not either. The kid is elite and will have more offers than us, Ole Miss, and Miss St. We have no leverage to request him to redshirt. If we did another team would swoop him up by telling him go ahead and play your second year. we would be happy to take you off AU's hands. Barring some kind of super strange bizarre article saying Bridges will redshirt go ahead and lock the door on that thought and throw away the key.

Das right. RS, save injury but rusty, plays risk injury but adds the stars and get experience. From what I have read, this kid is elite. Its a long time till signing day, but we got(2) of his teammates on the team. I like locking down a dominate JC prospect early, and pretty much the JC school. Im not really sure they are dominate, but whatever.

If he can replicate Richard Sherman form, I'm all for it. I also like the idea of a 6'2" DB on some of the wide outs rather than the smaller guys we've had in the past (not knocking them either, it's just harder to out jump a 6'2" guy)

I'm stoked about this kid! I wish so much he could just go ahead and get on the field. 2015 is much too far away. He might be our next Chris Davis in the return game. He heads straight up the field, only weaving slightly to edge off of people not dance around until there is a tunnel to the endzone.

SIAP but Tony is a very physical CB and a great kick returner. He had 0 offers in high school due to academics. He is expected to be the #1 juco DB when jucos are ranked. He will play this year at MGCC and will have 3 to play 2 at AU. He is projected to enroll at Auburn in January 2015.

Almost forgot, Bridges has no bearing on Bessent one way or another. The staff took Bridges because they feel he is elite. The 1-on-1s with Dook and Tony had to be something to see in practice last year at MGCCC.

It's nice to hear from you "E"

• 1 month later...

I would hate to lose him. This is going to come down to where he can step in and play immediately. Which may mean he winds up elsewhere. I know we lose Mincy and Reed, but he rest will be back.

Archived