2015 4* JUCO CB Tony Bridges (Ole Miss signee)

McLoofus

Did TB make it to AU?? Jason Smith is there and mo atkinson

He did. TOS is reporting he is 100% committed to Auburn.

Good news. Bridges is very good.

He will play in the NFL. He will start next year.

He's my boy!

Not literally though...

:laugh:

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TOS?

Pay site of your choice. I usually post AUR or AUC to better differentiate them.

Gotcha. I was still confused about "The Other Site."

"Very subtle, Mrs. Estherhouse. I read you, loud and clear."

Don't thank Britt!! Now we will have to read more of his posts!! <_< (I have posted this in a format he can't read. Would hate to hurt his feelings.)

Free read on 247 regarding Bridges upcoming visits. It does not sound great. He is not talking to coaches right now, he has planned 2 visits to Ole Miss and maybe one to AU. Even though he is committed to AU now and he says he in 100% all CB's point to him switching to Ole Miss. I am sure our coaches are all over this but he is from Mississippi.

Link

Official visit set for DB Bridges -- but to where?

6 hours ago

According to Auburn cornerback commit Tony Bridges of Mississippi Gulf Coast C.C., he will officially visit both Auburn and Ole Miss.

In fact, he already has dates set for both.

The problem is, it's the same date.

After visiting Auburn last weekend, Bridges maintained he is firm to Auburn and added he would officially visit for the LSU game with teammate and fellow Tigers commit Jason Smith.

Wednesday night, Bridges told Rebels247 he plans to visit Ole Miss twice in the coming weeks, with one of those trips being an official visit when the Rebels play host to Alabama.

Both the Auburn-LSU and Ole Miss-Alabama games are Oct. 4.

Bridges, a native of Mississippi and the No. 1 junior college cornerback in the 247Sports Composite, has a few months to get his visit dates straight.

“I’m still committed, I’m just taking a break right now and really not talking to any coaches," Bridges told Rebels247 "I’ve got to have a little time to think, so I’m really not taking any calls from coaches right now. I’m getting ready for the season and I’ve got to see what’s right for me.”

Bridges’ Crystal Ball reads 100 percent to Ole Miss, with four flip predictions to the Rebels. Sources close to each program are confident he will sign with their respective program.

6_2996126.jpg

Is he not talking with ALL coaches, or not talking with AU coaches? That would be the most telling as to whether he is 100% committed or not. If he flips, good luck to him. Wish him well. Our coaches will find a replacement that wants to be at Auburn, and that is more important to me than the number of stars by a kids name, or his ranking.

War Eagle!

Is he not talking with ALL coaches, or not talking with AU coaches? That would be the most telling as to whether he is 100% committed or not. If he flips, good luck to him. Wish him well. Our coaches will find a replacement that wants to be at Auburn, and that is more important to me than the number of stars by a kids name, or his ranking.

War Eagle!

He says he is not talking to coaches. I assume that would mean not to to any D1 College coaches at all.

War Eagle!

Of course Auburn will find a replacement, Auburn always does. But that defense needs safeties snd corners that can shut down the opposition. I REALLY wanted this guy. I thought Bridges could help out the passing defense a ton next year. Don't get me wrong, I have all the faith in Holsey, Jones, and Ford, but to me Auburn just can't seem to attract top DBs.

War Eagle!

Of course Auburn will find a replacement, Auburn always does. But that defense needs safeties snd corners that can shut down the opposition. I REALLY wanted this guy. I thought Bridges could help out the passing defense a ton next year. Don't get me wrong, I have all the faith in Holsey, Jones, and Ford, but to me Auburn just can't seem to attract top DBs.

He didn't decommit? He's still committed. We didn't lose him yet.

War Eagle!

I feel your pain, but it's not quite as bad as it may seem.

Last year..Bessent Moncrief, Roberts, Ruffin, Turner, Boston

This year...Mathhews, Colbert, Westry

There is a lot of talent in that group.

War Eagle!

I feel your pain, but it's not quite as bad as it may seem.

Last year..Bessent Moncrief, Roberts, Ruffin, Turner, Boston

This year...Mathhews, Colbert, Westry

There is a lot of talent in that group.

Yeah. We've gotten used to complaining about DB talent, and for good reason. But we have amply stocked the cupboard.

Sometimes I really do need to shut up. I kind overreacted about this. We haven't lost him yet and we do have a ton of talent. I feel closer to the players I have actually seen in action. This guy got my attention in the two games I saw him. Bridges wasn't even committed to Auburn at the time, and I thought to myself, wow we could really use him. Then he committed and I couldn't believe it. It was really random. Now Ole Miss is trying to break my heart.

Sometimes I really do need to shut up. I kind overreacted about this. We haven't lost him yet and we do have a ton of talent. I feel closer to the players I have actually seen in action. This guy got my attention in the two games I saw him. Bridges wasn't even committed to Auburn at the time, and I thought to myself, wow we could really use him. Then he committed and I couldn't believe it. It was really random. Now Ole Miss is trying to break my heart.

That right there is as solid as a post on a college football forum gets, I reckon. Don't shut up!

War Damn Eagle. We're all hoping we hold onto this guy.

Reports today that Ruffin has been moved to the Star position. Mincy is a senior DB. And Ellis said J Jones is not a 75 play corner. I'd say there is still plenty of opportunity for Bridges to come in and establish himself as top dog. After all, this is the guy they said gave Duke fits in practice at EMCC.

We really need to hold on to this guy. We have an immediate need for solid corners and this guys fits the bill

Let's just wait and see how this plays out. We were just as worried if not more so as a fan base last year that we would not keep Duke from flipping to LSU but we did. With that said it would be a big blow for the 2015 season to lose him especially given 2 of our likely top 4 CBs are graduating in Mincy and T-Reed.

Let's just wait and see how this plays out. We were just as worried if not more so as a fan base last year that we would not keep Duke from flipping to LSU but we did. With that said it would be a big blow for the 2015 season to lose him especially given 2 of our likely top 4 CBs are graduating in Mincy and T-Reed.

Yep, but our DC yesterday did speak pretty highly of 2 of our DB true freshmen; I believe he was talking about Boston and Roberts. I think we are still OK. Based on what I have read though, Bridges has immediate starting capability which would be great.

Archived