2015 4* JUCO CB Tony Bridges (Ole Miss signee)

McLoofus

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

do we suggest a redshirt so we get 3 years or play him for experience.

I'm guessing he'll redshirt this year since he already has his spot on a div 1 roster. Not much reason to play this year since he's already commited and we've accepted.

jason smith and tony bridges are obviously gets but how many jucos are we planning on taking this year?

Don't know. I doubt the staff has told anybody yet. One friend close to the program says to expect 3 though. 1 WR (Smith), 1 DB (Bridges), and 1 DL.

Is it normal to see a part time starter get SEC offers before his sophomore season? Was he heavily recruited out of HS?

1. Yes if they are elite. 2. Not really. Hattiesberg does not get much exposure and his grades were very low or he would have a quite a few SEC offers.

do we suggest a redshirt so we get 3 years or play him for experience.

No. 90% of the time that's only done if a school sign and places a kid like we did with Jason Smith.

SIAP but Tony is a very physical CB and a great kick returner. He had 0 offers in high school due to academics. He is expected to be the #1 juco DB when jucos are ranked. He will play this year at MGCC and will have 3 to play 2 at AU. He is projected to enroll at Auburn in January 2015.

Almost forgot, Bridges has no bearing on Bessent one way or another. The staff took Bridges because they feel he is elite. The 1-on-1s with Dook and Tony had to be something to see in practice last year at MGCCC.

I am sure the question of when juco ratings come out will be asked soon so I will go ahead and relay a free answer from AUC Link

Kipp and I are hopeful to get to Mississippi in March/April

All we need to know about Tony Bridges as a player is in this free blurb Link

He coach thinks he should be. (#1 overall juco prospect in 2015)

He loves the newest Auburn commit. Says TB went toe to toe with D'haquille Williams in practice every day and more than held his own.

He loves the newest Auburn commit. Says TB went toe to toe with D'haquille Williams in practice every day and more than held his own.

Then who started ahead of him?

Shotty journalism. Tony started 9 of 10 games last year according to the MGCC website and game logs. The only game he did not start or play at all for that matter was game 9. A 1 game miss could be for any number of reasons.

Apparently Gus has staked ownership at MGCCC. :)

RG has the MGCCC connections.

Melvin Smith has been recruiting Bridges since Bridges was in the 9th grade. Smith loves this kid and Bridges can play several different positions. And the kid is still growing. Great pickup.

Shotty journalism. Tony started 9 of 10 games last year according to the MGCC website and game logs. The only game he did not start or play at all for that matter was game 9. A 1 game miss could be for any number of reasons.

Glad your still around dropping knowledge on us E!

This. Going to be the top rated JUCO corner this year and a 4 star.

My take is we had to take commitment early or someone else would (OM or MSU). If he's going to RS, then someone had to man up and tell his coach with a firm committable offer. Not fair to let the kid go through spring and summer camp with JUCO Coach thinking Bridges would be playing for him in the Fall, then have rug pulled from under the team. In other words if we didn't offer now he would be playing this fall with only two years of eligibility left.

My take is we had to take commitment early or someone else would (OM or MSU). If he's going to RS, then someone had to man up and tell his coach with a firm committable offer. Not fair to let the kid go through spring and summer camp with JUCO Coach thinking Bridges would be playing for him in the Fall, then have rug pulled from under the team. In other words if we didn't offer now he would be playing this fall with only two years of eligibility left.

The chances he redshirts are slim to none. I have never seen any juco player redshirt his second year unless he missed the entire year due to injury. Virtually the only way a juco redshirts is as a freshman at a school's request through sign and place. Moncrief committed to AU 4 months before his 2013 season started but did not redshirt. Bridges will not either. The kid is elite and will have more offers than us, Ole Miss, and Miss St. We have no leverage to request him to redshirt. If we did another team would swoop him up by telling him go ahead and play your second year. we would be happy to take you off AU's hands. Barring some kind of super strange bizarre article saying Bridges will redshirt go ahead and lock the door on that thought and throw away the key.

E, do you think it may be similar to a DW type situation where he is most likely one and done?

E, do you think it may be similar to a DW type situation where he is most likely one and done?

Don't know enough about the kid but if he comes in and balls out as a shut down CB and excells at kick and punt returns then yeah it would be very possible.

Did y'all notice he committed without ever visiting campus, based on his teammates positive opinions on auburn. The fact we have an EE spot for him(not that others won't) and Once he visits, I bet we will be in good shape with him.

Hate to lose a year of eligibility but if he is this good, then we will only have him 2 years anyways. If he has tackling to work on then I doubt he would be a one and done - just guessin

Archived