Meanwhile, on the Softball field.....

Mikey

The team is off to a 12-1-1 start. Congrats to new coach Clint Meyers and his players, they are getting it done in fine style.

The opposition hasn't been the strongest, but hardly any baseball or softball team starts the season facing great teams and AU is winning games we've been losing in prior years. Keep it going softballers!

I believe most of the team is composed of sophomores. My wife and I hope to get down to a couple more games this year. Although not a baseball or softball expert, I was impressed with some of the fielding in the game we attended.

Some coaches are just on a different level. This will likely turn out to be Jacobs' best hire.

I think Coach Golloway will catch up but Clint is getting it done for sure.

Don't forget their only loss was in extra innings to Notre Dame. I've been to a few games this year, they are going to make some noise!

That game shouldn't have gone to extra innings. We had fly ball lost in the sun that would have iced the game for us. It happens in softball.

These girls are learning how to battle, and learning fast. I see them competing for a spot in OKC.

It has been a great start to their season. The hitting has looked very promising so far, and the pitching is coming along. Depth is and will be the biggest concern as the season moves along, especially if injuries happen to occur. That lack of depth and experience could be the only major things that limit the team this season. They may not make it to OKC this season, but what we have seen already is proof that they are heading in that direction.

The team is off to a 12-1-1 start. Congrats to new coach Clint Meyers and his players, they are getting it done in fine style.

The opposition hasn't been the strongest, but hardly any baseball or softball team starts the season facing great teams and AU is winning games we've been losing in prior years. Keep it going softballers!

:we::muscles:

Tomorrow night will be a great opportunity to get a big time win over a top 10 FSU team. Come out and support the girls if you can!

Can't wait to go down and watch some softball. As a softball mom and with my love of AU, this is what my daughter and I have been waiting on. Gonna try to fit it in before her season is full swing. WarEagle!

They play Florida State today. Go an give them a watch if you can!

Being 4 hours away, we can't go during the week. :-( I wish I could watch more softball on tv. I hope next year with the SEC network there will be more softball on, other than the month of May. We will have to compare schedules between AU & my kids to see when we can come down. I want to surprise my daughter, she wants to go badly. Hope they knock it out the park today!

Archived