3 players no longer with team

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone posted the names on auc. If I had the gumption I'd look up who they are, but I don't and I'm not. I assume they are upperclassmen. If possible I'd take their scholly monies and divide it amongst the players who decided they have more intestinal fortitude to do it the coaches way. Yes the guy with the impressive and winning resume. He might know something.

D1 sports require mentally tough people. This is a hardass coach. Hope they get on board with him and win.

Hunter Kelley, Patrick Savage, and Chase Williamson gone from the team.

http://auburn.247spo...all-team-179167

Not a good way for Kelly to end his baseball career. He turned a single into a triple by misplaying a ball last night. Turned out to be the winning run and ended the game in the 10th. I would guess he did not like what was waiting for him in the dugout

This is a good move. It will pay off in the short and long term, and that's all I have to say about that.

Patrick is in grad school, sitting for CPA exam, and is married with daughter , he left the program on good terms. He met with coaches and told him of his decision to leave team due to his academic workload and family commitments.

Patrick gave 100% to the auburn baseball team the last 4 years including a season ending surgery his sophomore year. , For this coach to suggest patrick had a bad attitude is idiotic. He maintained a high GPA in the accounting program and is the community service leader on the team. He simply can't juggle grad school , a new daughter and baseball

Would have liked to see less "explanation" from the coach but thinning out the crop is not that unusual....just that the guys usually disappear with no reasons given. I went to Florida to see the series and no doubt, Coach was on the players for their mistakes...sometimes pretty obviously when he was coaching 3B and was jawing a player in the dugout who had made a base running mistake or failed to get a bunt down. It's shape up time for AU baseball and it is obvious that CSG is not working some 3 year plan.

There has been some disconcerting quotes by coach Golloway in a couple of media articles

I have read recently . Hope they can iron things out sooner rather than later .

Patrick gave 100% to the auburn baseball team the last 4 years including a season ending surgery his sophomore year. , For this coach to suggest patrick had a bad attitude is idiotic. He maintained a high GPA in the accounting program and is the community service leader on the team. He simply can't juggle grad school , a new daughter and baseball

Patrick was a freshman in one of my 09 Camp War Eagle groups. He's a good kid, no questions about his commitment from me. He's an adult now and undoubtedly didn't feel like starting over with a new, much more demanding baseball coach. I can't fault him for that. Kids, wife, real career > baseball.

Patrick was a freshman in one of my 09 Camp War Eagle groups. He's a good kid, no questions about his commitment from me. He's an adult now and undoubtedly didn't feel like starting over with a new, much more demanding baseball coach. I can't fault him for that. Kids, wife, real career > baseball.

Can't blame him....life is different now and he's not going to the Bigs....so might as well spend his time where it is important....and he should not be criticized for make a "life decision".

I'm fine with having a tough coach but he would help himself if he were more circumspect around the media....even PM will print what the coach says without regard as to how it sounds to the players or the fans at large. Someone might teach Sunny the term "this is off the record".

Players and coaches sometimes disagree. I watched a guy walk away from his scholarship in a fall game. Paul Nix had a rule that a pitcher could not throw a strike on an 0-2 count. If they did, they ran a mile in under a specified time immediately after the game. This particular pitcher thought it was a bad rule.

This coach will be held accountable for his record. He is going to run the program the way he thinks is best. Those who can't accommodate that philosophy aren't doing anyone any favors by staying.

Players and coaches sometimes disagree. I watched a guy walk away from his scholarship in a fall game. Paul Nix had a rule that a pitcher could not throw a strike on an 0-2 count. If they did, they ran a mile in under a specified time immediately after the game. This particular pitcher thought it was a bad rule.

This coach will be held accountable for his record. He is going to run the program the way he thinks is best. Those who can't accommodate that philosophy aren't doing anyone any favors by staying.

0-2 rule is a good one. I taught my kids that early on, age 10. Go with high heat, or curve in the dirt, low change up, but never a strike. Letting a hitter get a hit 0-2 because you threw it near the plate is unforgiveable.

I am not sure I have a problem with what he said. He is looking for commitment from his players. Nothing against those who left if they were not willing or able to give him all they have.

I don't care how tough he is, run them til the drop, etc...but these are college students with family, friends and classmates and there is nothing gained by implying anything about their commitment, calling them selfish, etc. They are not leaving school and have to face their friends..... not living up to the expectations of the coach is not a sin....and IMO, should be between the player and the coach.

I am not sure I have a problem with what he said. He is looking for commitment from his players. Nothing against those who left if they were not willing or able to give him all they have.

I don't care how tough he is, run them til the drop, etc...but these are college students with family, friends and classmates and there is nothing gained by implying anything about their commitment, calling them selfish, etc. They are not leaving school and have to face their friends..... not living up to the expectations of the coach is not a sin....and IMO, should be between the player and the coach.

I see both sides of it. I'm behind the coach on this one. Upperclassmen need to lead....and adapt. But I do see your point.

I see both sides of it. I'm behind the coach on this one. Upperclassmen need to lead....and adapt. But I do see your point.

It's just that people on this board have raked Barbee over the coals for fairly innocuous comments about a player having a bad night....and yet Sunny has needlessly (IMO) called out some guys who may or may not have even been on scholarship. If he wants to jack up some guys...then call them out and see if they respond....but if they are being "cut" for whatever reason...let the explanations rest and focus on the guys that remain.

I'm a fan of having Sunny and look forward to better days but I learned a long time ago, when you "fire" a person...you don't share the reasons publicly..and there was no point in burning bridges with future alums either.

Every new coach goes through a period of making the team his own. This usually develops into players leaving. We brought in a winning coach to propel our team to greatness. I think he knows what he's doing and is a proven winner. If some players get their feelings hurt, that's life. Coach has to coach his way. I support him.

Every new coach goes through a period of making the team his own. This usually develops into players leaving. We brought in a winning coach to propel our team to greatness. I think he knows what he's doing and is a proven winner. If some players get their feelings hurt, that's life. Coach has to coach his way. I support him.

I understand "his" way about small ball and why some players might have problems with it....but that is the player's problem to deal with....adapt or move on....his way or the highway...and that's fine with me.

But what else does "his" way" include? "feelings hurt"....in private...that is just fine.....but what was gained by the comments he made in public...about guys who were no longer even on the team?

It is that I can't imagine Gus making a public statement blaming a football player for losing a game because of a missed tackle or whatever....which shows that you can win (or lose) without attacking individual players in a personal way.

This might be Sunny's way...but I'm not sure it's the Auburn way...which is about family and stuff like that as you may recall.

I understand those of you who disagree with the way CSG has handle this, but as a former college baseball player I feel better about our program going forward.

Yesterday I was a little disturbed these guys left the team after a rough start, but after reading CSG met with 8 players and 3 decided to leave, I believe it was more a mutual parting of the ways.

Archived