Auburn vs. Alabama A&M

Final score:

Auburn wins 7-3. Better hitting today. We only left 5 on bade today. While you hope to put every base runner across, 5 is better than what we've been seeing. Hopefully that will continue into the weekend against Presbyterian.

Seemed to be a sloppy game overall. We had some errors and some base running miscues but hopefully we can clean those up. I will say that I've noticed we've been thrown out at home for the past 3 games on a base hit with the runner starting from second. I just hope the base running coaching is able to begin to see that it is better to hold up a runner when you are not sure if they will make it home rather than risk a play at the plate. I know this seems to be a fairly simple and fundamental baseball concept, but it will be necessary to preserve base runners trying to score runs in SEC play

I just saw a few Twitter updates, but are we attempting to steal a lot or just flat getting picked off?

I haven't been able to watch, but from what I've been hearing I think it's more stealing? Sounds like CSG is a LOT more aggressive than Paws, part of which I'm sure is due to the lack of production at the plate. Gotta make stuff happen on base if you can't always expect the extra base hits to come. I'm just hoping we find our bats before we get into the conference schedule - future brother-in-law is USC grad, and would love for us to pull 2 of 3 out on them, especially with them being on the Plains...

Seemed to be a sloppy game overall. We had some errors and some base running miscues but hopefully we can clean those up. I will say that I've noticed we've been thrown out at home for the past 3 games on a base hit with the runner starting from second. I just hope the base running coaching is able to begin to see that it is better to hold up a runner when you are not sure if they will make it home rather than risk a play at the plate. I know this seems to be a fairly simple and fundamental baseball concept, but it will be necessary to preserve base runners trying to score runs in SEC play

I've assumed that the incentive to send runners home on otherwise risky opportunities is because of our struggle to score runs, so I can't blame it from that perspective. But I haven't witnessed any of the games, just read updates.

I've assumed that the incentive to send runners home on otherwise risky opportunities is because of our struggle to score runs, so I can't blame it from that perspective. But I haven't witnessed any of the games, just read updates.

I think you're correct there. It looks like we're not going to be able to count on our hitting to drive the runners across home plate so undue risk has to be taken with base running.

I think you're correct there. It looks like we're not going to be able to count on our hitting to drive the runners across home plate so undue risk has to be taken with base running.

Saw the first three games and have to conclude that aggressive base running is Sunny's philosophy...he was doing that from game 1 when the hitting issues were not yet known.....and in the Ohio State loss, we ran ourselves out of a couple runs by over-reaching on the base paths IMO.

Other than A Grier, we don't seem to have enough speed to make us a threat to steal at will.

Saw the first three games and have to conclude that aggressive base running is Sunny's philosophy...he was doing that from game 1 when the hitting issues were not yet known.....and in the Ohio State loss, we ran ourselves out of a couple runs by over-reaching on the base paths IMO.

Other than A Grier, we don't seem to have enough speed to make us a threat to steal at will.

All good points; my thinking is if you've got a guy in scoring position w/ less than two outs and you get a base hit, I'd rather have a guy on 3rd with 1 out than get thrown out at home and have a guy on 2nd w/ 2 outs

Archived