Softball vs. fsu - game thread

WarTiger

fsu has the bases loaded in the top of the 2nd but I would love to see the replay on their last hit. It was a check swing blooper over the shortstop and into left field. They threw the ball in to 2nd base and I could swear watching it live, the throw beat the runner at 2nd and she should have been out.

fsu plates a run then loads the bases again. Then a long single to center field that went to the wall, that plates THREE runs for fsu. The batter was then caught between 2nd and first for the third out. It's 4-0 fsu....

Auburn batting in the bottom of the 4th. trailing 5-0 with 2 out in the inning. Auburn still looking for their first hit of the game.

Auburn has gotten a solo homerun from Jenna Abbott. Auburn has a runner on first and 1 out. A grounder to 2nd, the runner STOPS to avoid the tag. The player then threw it to first to get the out and threw it over the 1st baseman's head. Everybody safe with runners at 1st and 2nd and 1 out.

Brandi Mallero hits one DEEP to left field and it hits off the wall and plates two more runs. Mallero stands at 2nd with 2 outs. 5-4 fsu now....

Auburn has runners on 1st and 2nd with 1 out in the bottom of the 6th inning. Auburn still trails 5-4 but have really come to life the last 2 innings.

Emily Carosone hits a rope to 2nd base that is caught and thrown to first to complete the double play and Auburn comes up empty. :(

Mallero hits one down the line at third that stays inside the bag. Cut off by the 3rd baseman, but Mallero safe at 1st.

Tough loss, considering the rope that Emily Carosone hit right at the 2nd baseman with the bases loaded. Kilpatrick also gave that last ball of the game a ride. I thought it was a walk off winner off the bat.

The best part is.... this team is only going to get better and better. I love the fight they showed tonight.

Archived