2014 Spring Practice - Day 1

AU64

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As the WRs are running sideways I keep trying to get a look at Duke Williams to see what we might be getting in him. And every time, just going off size/fluidity, I think I see him it turns out to be Sammie. Man am I loving the idea of having them at WR next to each other this year! :bananadance:

Williams might be a shade heavier (not sure what their official weights are), but they're about the same height, and if there is a difference in speed then I would think Sammie is the faster of the two (dude ran back to back 4.31 40s at an AU camp to get his scholarship offer in the first place). Having the two of them on the field at the same time will make life very difficult on the secondaries of our opponents, because you can't double both of them...and even if you do, it leaves the middle of the field wide open for the rest of the receiving corps. And that's not even accounting for a running game that will continue to excel behind an offensive line that includes five players with starting experience, two of whom are entering their fourth year as starters.

Of course nothing is ever certain, so we should temper our expectations as much as possible...but this offense has me absolutely giddy with the possibilities!

Archived